My DTEK60 now decorates my garbage can and I’ve moved on to a phone that does not need charging two and three times a day and usually not even once a day. It is responsive and a pleasant experience to use. Admittedly it running Oreo 8.1, an OS Dtek60 will never see.

There are deeper contrasts too. It is from a company whose revenue is increasing, not decreasing. The assembly is done by a firm known for decent quality, not a company that made its mark selling cheap phones in third world countries. And the phone’s market share is increasing while Blackberry branded, TCL phones are dying. In December IT World Canada reports that DCL cell phones sales fell almost 36 percent during the first half of 2017. That’s the company that introduced the Motion and KeyOne.

It’s time to stop pretending Blackberry is a phone company.
    02-08-18 06:04 PM
    My DTEK60 now decorates my garbage can and I’ve moved on to a phone that does not need charging two and three times a day and usually not even once a day. It is responsive and a pleasant experience to use. Admittedly it running Oreo 8.1, an OS Dtek60 will never see.

There are deeper contrasts too. It is from a company whose revenue is increasing, not decreasing. The assembly is done by a firm known for decent quality, not a company that made its mark selling cheap phones in third world countries. And the phone’s market share is increasing while Blackberry branded, TCL phones are dying. In December IT World Canada reports that DCL cell phones sales fell almost 36 percent during the first half of 2017. That’s the company that introduced the Motion and KeyOne.

It’s time to stop pretending Blackberry is a phone company.
    TCL is a $20 billion dollar a year company with 100,000 employees that is doing very well.

The "phone unit" is an arbitrary delineation for accounting purposes and remains a firm component of their Western strategy - along with TVs. No worries here.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned, software licensing is still a high-margin business, and won't be going anywhere for a while.
    02-08-18 06:31 PM
    TCL is a $20 billion dollar a year company with 100,000 employees that is doing very well.

The "phone unit" is an arbitrary delineation for accounting purposes and remains a firm component of their Western strategy - along with TVs. No worries here.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned, software licensing is still a high-margin business, and won't be going anywhere for a while.
    So is TCL going to make a TV for BlackBerry with power of QNX software controlled by the new Compu- Key controller cell phone. That would be nice... Remember you heard it here on Crackberry Forums.
    02-08-18 11:49 PM
    So is TCL going to make a TV for BlackBerry with power of QNX software controlled by the new Compu- Key controller cell phone. That would be nice... Remember you heard it here on Crackberry Forums.
    Since this is now on the internets, it has to be true!
    tubularbell likes this.
    02-09-18 12:04 AM
    Since this is now on the internets, it has to be true!
    Well part of it could be true. "Crackberrians Believe it or Not "
    😋
    Oh to add, thanks for being a great Contributer to the Crackberry Forums. 😎 Conite👍
    02-09-18 12:27 AM
    So is TCL going to make a TV for BlackBerry with power of QNX software controlled by the new Compu- Key controller cell phone.

TCL will buy and put BB10 in their TV's much the same as LG put WebOs in their's.
    02-09-18 12:35 AM
    These were their first android attempts. The key one and motion are in a different league altogether. Valid alternatives to other Androids if they fulfil your needs
    02-09-18 12:40 AM
    These were their first android attempts. The key one and motion are in a different league altogether. Valid alternatives to other Androids if they fulfil your needs
    Priv? 🤔 First Android right ?
    02-09-18 12:53 AM
    Priv? First Android right ?
    Yes, First 100% bb Android and last. Because the Dteks are BBM / TCL .

And the next 2 At a new level are the Keyone and Motion.

The Aurora is for non European markets.
    02-09-18 01:20 AM
34 12