First it was the BB 10, a decent phone but it came with the Blackberry OS which was near death at that time. So then it was BB's first android phone. That arrived defective right out of the box. At that time BB still had recognizable support operation so the defective phone was replaced and it lasted two years before dying. Then it was the Priv. That died just after a year of use when the microphone failed. BB's support was in about the same shape as the Priv - of no use.

So on to the DTEK 60. It is not yet two years old but cannot hold a charge for a reasonable amount of time. Yesterday it died at the six hour point - and had been on airplane mode for two of those six hours and used only to display my boarding pass and check on the flight prior to the trip. When it shut down in the middle of an important task, that was it for me. Oh, on top of that, it has been displaying the "Cannot install update" since that latest "update" was released. Another sterling example of BB's phone support.

No more Blackberry phones for me. Next up: Google Pixel
    01-20-18 12:35 PM
    First it was the BB 10, a decent phone but it came with the Blackberry OS which was near death at that time. So then it was BB's first android phone. That arrived defective right out of the box. At that time BB still had recognizable support operation so the defective phone was replaced and it lasted two years before dying. Then it was the Priv. That died just after a year of use when the microphone failed. BB's support was in about the same shape as the Priv - of no use.

So on to the DTEK 60. It is not yet two years old but cannot hold a charge for a reasonable amount of time. Yesterday it died at the six hour point - and had been on airplane mode for two of those six hours and used only to display my boarding pass and check on the flight prior to the trip. When it shut down in the middle of an important task, that was it for me. Oh, on top of that, it has been displaying the "Cannot install update" since that latest "update" was released. Another sterling example of BB's phone support.

Sadly, my experience has been similar.

I used to be the biggest BlackBerry fan. I enjoyed the Torch 2 9810, I loved the Z30, the Passport SE was great, and I really looked OS10 and the solid performing BlackBerry Hub and both virtual and physical keyboards.

The Priv was good too. It had an innovative aerospace design, slider keyboard, BlackBerry apps with Android platform. 30 months later, the battery is still great. I was also impressed with the rear-facing camera with its German lens.

Then came the DTEK60 ("Disaster60" ). It featured great specs at first, with a beautiful metal and glass build, but the device began to fail within seven months.

Unfortunately, the DTEK60 is defective, and Alcatel, BlackBerry Mobile, and dealers know it.

The device no longer holds a charge around the ten-month mark. The battery is inadequate and the electronics are faulty. Changing the battery does not solve the problem.

Worse, the manufacturer does not honour its own warranty. I have already sent my DTEK60 back to the "authorized Alcatel Repair Centre" in my country (SBE Canada) twice. There was no improvement in performance, even after the battery had been replaced.

Local independent repair shops have refused to repair the DTEK60, indicating that it is not the battery that is the problem, but rather the motherboard.

I have initiated legal action. Presently in negotiation with the dealer for a refund or replacement
    01-20-18 01:03 PM
    interested to know the result.
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-20-18 01:57 PM
    Unfortunately, the DTEK60 is defective, and Alcatel, BlackBerry Mobile, and dealers know it.
    "Some", perhaps.
    01-20-18 02:31 PM
    "Some", perhaps.
    Yes, "some". Just like " some" of the Privs had and have issues. Not all. The problem is, all you hear from are "some" people.
    gokulesh and moonflyer like this.
    01-20-18 02:38 PM
    These articles used to actually make me sad but you had already moved on to Android so whoopty doo. LoL

BB10 PPSE, Classic, Z30 and Q10 still going strong!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 03:26 PM
    These articles used to actually make me sad but you had already moved on to Android so whoopty doo. LoL

BB10 PPSE, Classic, Z30 and Q10 still going strong!

Posted via CB10
    It's that or be stuck going backwards to BB10 which offers just different problems in need of different unavailable solutions.
    01-20-18 05:14 PM
    It's that or be stuck going backwards to BB10 which offers just different problems in need of different unavailable solutions.
    BB10 still the best OS in the world. Before you reply you should know that I'm not a sheep!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-20-18 05:20 PM
    BB10 still the best OS in the world. Before you reply you should know that I'm not a sheep!
    What are you talking about?
    01-20-18 05:22 PM
    01-20-18 05:27 PM
    A deprecated browser, a nonexistent ecosystem, no updates, no innovation.

A rather bold statement for an EOL OS running on 3-5 year old hardware.
    karibou likes this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9d326854fc75f03ed05f35255a039d2c--the-late-united-states.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	433503
    Exactly.....
    A deprecated browser, a nonexistent ecosystem, no updates, no innovation.

A rather bold statement for an EOL OS running on 3-5 year old hardware.
    Lmho
    01-20-18 05:29 PM

Triple ditto!!
    01-20-18 10:20 PM
    Triple ditto!!
    Kbreen likes this.
    01-20-18 10:20 PM
    I agree. I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, the Priv, and the DTEK60.

I still miss the Z30. Truly groundbreaking device with excellent specs. OS10 was fantastic. The BlackBerry HUB and predictive virtual keyboard were fantastic.

My friends with iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 at the time compared their devices to mine, and we all agreed that the Z30 was superior for its bright display, great speakers, better WiFi and phone reception, better OS, better file management, better build, and great BlackBerry apps, and multiple ports.

I could watch TV with my Z30 with bright display and clear sound; they could not.

I still have my Z30.
    01-21-18 09:02 AM
    Totally agree with you (TonyCanuck ).

Cheers
    tonycanuck and PowderJockey like this.
    01-21-18 09:12 AM
    I agree. Z30 is my favorite phone. I use it as an emergency phone with a second number. it lives in my car and the battery lasts for weeks.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    tonycanuck and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    01-21-18 10:26 AM
    I agree. I have had the Torch2 9810, the Z30, the Passport SE, the Priv, and the DTEK60.

I still miss the Z30. Truly groundbreaking device with excellent specs. OS10 was fantastic. The BlackBerry HUB and predictive virtual keyboard were fantastic.

My friends with iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 at the time compared their devices to mine, and we all agreed that the Z30 was superior for its bright display, great speakers, better WiFi and phone reception, better OS, better file management, better build, and great BlackBerry apps, and multiple ports.

I could watch TV with my Z30 with bright display and clear sound; they could not.

I still have my Z30.
    The no back button with the swiping jesters to get to things is still a big seller for me. I work with all of the phones on a daily basis and literately hate the back button on those phones.

Everytime I pull out the Passport everyone oos and awes over the size of the screen and say they wished they had a screen that size. See size does matter. I wish Blackberry would bring the Passport out in an Android version.
    01-21-18 03:41 PM
    I am at this point, as well.
    01-21-18 06:58 PM
    Also, would like to know the outcome.
    01-21-18 07:00 PM
    I don't blame TCL for stuffing in cheapo batteries that wear out within 12-15 months of use. They don't have the kind of user base that takes their brand seriously unlike Samsung/Apple. Same is the case with Xiaomi's, Huawei's. Battery's give up soon. There has to be a compromise with the lower cost aint it.
    01-22-18 03:21 AM

For me, I can't bring myself to pay the flagship price that Android devices cost. I've paid, $750 USD for a couple of Flagship Android devices and I didn't get better performance on a longevity dollar for dollar basis. At the higher price, I found IOS offers a better value, longevity wise.

One daughter still using iPhone 5 purchased December 2012 and other daughter using iPhone 6 purchased December 2014 that was factory replaced December 2015 under warranty and then again March 2017 under partial goodwill for $90 when battery couldn't be removed for replacement.

To me Android is by design, replaceable every 1-2 years why am I going to pay more than couple hundred to few hundred ($200-$400) at most? For BB, I add $50 for BBAndroid and $50 more for PKB. That's all the extra I'll pay and shoot for two years usability.
    01-22-18 03:45 AM
    For me, I can't bring myself to pay the flagship price that Android devices cost. I've paid, $750 USD for a couple of Flagship Android devices and I didn't get better performance on a longevity dollar for dollar basis. At the higher price, I found IOS offers a better value, longevity wise.

One daughter still using iPhone 5 purchased December 2012 and other daughter using iPhone 6 purchased December 2014 that was factory replaced December 2015 under warranty and then again March 2017 under partial goodwill for $90 when battery couldn't be removed for replacement.

To me Android is by design, replaceable every 1-2 years why am I going to pay more than couple hundred to few hundred ($200-$400) at most? For BB, I add $50 for BBAndroid and $50 more for PKB. That's all the extra I'll pay and shoot for two years usability.
    Never have paid full price for a flagship phone yet.....

Work has always provided a device, one that isn't locked down - but they still get subsidies. My S7 was only $100.

But, my wife got an iPhone 6 back when you could still get a flagship phone for $200 with a 2-Year contract. When she moved on to her iPhone 7 Plus, Verizon had a free upgrade with trade in offer going on. Based on this year, it seems the best she might hope for is to get $300 off a new device from Verizon (they did have a BOGO offer for a short while) Could sell it outright for more than that. But that's the thing, if you pay $900 for a phone and two years later you can sell it for $400 - $500, how much did that phone cost you?

From what I see, those opting not to go flagship... tend to look at devices much, much cheaper that what BBMo is offering right now.

And that's the thing, most OEMs have a verity of products to offer. In time hopefully BBMo will be able to offer devices that hit a number of price points and form factors.
    01-22-18 09:36 AM
    So far I have no real complaints about either of my Blackberries. I just got a 60 to compliment my Passport and it a
    Sure the Passport is kinda big no apps but it's different and it does stand out and the name is still a legend and so I'm staying true to the game till the very end.

Posted via CB10
    Battlebroker likes this.
    01-29-18 07:39 PM
34 12