Help, if I buy a Dtek60 thru BlackBerry site can I just switch Sim cards from Z10 to Detek60 or does TELUS have to get involved. I have always purchased thru TELUS this time would like to purchase direct, as I have a great data package don't want to give them a reason to change it, as I have been grandfather in a couple of times but it is always a fight to keep it. Tks

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 03:09 PM
    Help, if I buy a Dtek60 thru BlackBerry site can I just switch Sim cards from Z10 to Detek60 or does TELUS have to get involved. I have always purchased thru TELUS this time would like to purchase direct, as I have a great data package don't want to give them a reason to change it, as I have been grandfather in a couple of times but it is always a fight to keep it. Tks

Posted via CB10
    You have to get your Sim card cut down as it uses a different sized slot.
    10-27-16 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you cut the existing sim card, Telus doesn't get involved. Just put the sim card in the tray and off you go. If you want to get a new nano sim card from Telus ($15 + tax), you'll will have to call customer services to switch your sim card. The old sim card will be good for 3 months. I.e. if you don't switch back to the old sim card within 3 months, it will be deleted from Telus system and you can never use it again.
    10-27-16 03:43 PM
    You can order a new nano Sim from Telus online as well. When it arrives just activate it with them and pop it into your new device. I did that when I moved from the Z30 to the Classic. Your plan goes with the sim. Telus made no attempts to make me get a new plan or anything like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 03:50 PM
    Tks everyone great feedback, will be placing order on new phone tonight.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 04:04 PM
    AND if you buy from BlackBerry the phone is ALWAYs unlocked, so if you ever want to leave Telus (or whomever service provider) you can without penalty or extra payment.
    10-27-16 05:02 PM
    Anyone know if my Telus Sim card from my Passport will fit the new Dtek60 or do I have to order or stop by Telus to activate?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 08:42 PM
    Anyone know if my Telus Sim card from my Passport will fit the new Dtek60 or do I have to order or stop by Telus to activate?

Posted via CB10
    The DTEK60 takes a nano SIM which I believe the Passport (at least the US model) does so you should be fine.
    10-27-16 08:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will fit. I moved from passport to dtek50 to dtek60 all the same Sim card. No you don't need to call them unless you're having an issue
    10-27-16 10:29 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:32 PM
    I would just pay for the nano SIM. The odds are you will get plenty of use out of it since just about every newly launched device has made the switch over the last few years.
    10-27-16 10:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm with Rogers and have a great plan... you just go wherever your carrier has a store etc with your new phone and tell them you want a nano Sim card. The person where I went just asked for my phone number and then he does something on his computer to activate the new card to my account. He installed it for me too.. It was less then $12. Here where I am. Your phone plan stays the same. Love my Dtek60... it's great
    10-28-16 05:26 PM