My DTEK60 wouldn't charge properly any more. I called BlackBerry Mobile support to request a replacement and do the whole warranty thing. The guy on the phone knew that it was a DTEK60 and said he would send out a replacement. When the replacement arrived I was shocked that it was a KEYone. They didn't say they were sending me a hardware upgrade.

Why would BlackBerry Mobile do this?
    - Did they accidentally send me the wrong phone?
    - Are the DTEK60's lemons and there is not point in sending me another Lemon?

I'll add in that the DTEK60 wasn't working for me anyways. It would get really laggy and the battery was horrible. I even did a factory reset and OS reinstall and still had problems.

To me the KEYone is an upgrade and has been a way better experience (battery and productivity) compared to the DTEK60. I've had the phone for a couple weeks so far and has been going great.

Only downside is they didn't send me a cover or screen protector which I had previously one my DTEK60. I wasn't going to request one as maybe the KEYone was a mistake and I didn't want to bring it to their attention, lol.

Brian
    08-30-17 04:01 PM
    Well, they've had so many returns for keyones, that they assumed it was just another. Maybe the paperwork got lost in the shuffle somewhere.

Personally i think the keyone is a downgrade to the 60. But if it works for you..
    securityboy likes this.
    08-30-17 04:19 PM
    Or they don't have any 60s in stock....
    08-30-17 04:53 PM
    Wow, I had my BlackBerry DTEK60 since last Christmas and still loving this phone. I wanted to get a KeyOne, but can't justify spending the money while I still have this great device.
    securityboy likes this.
    09-03-17 04:20 PM
    I'd keep it.

I barely touch my DTEK60 since I got the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-03-17 04:50 PM
    Which version? Silver or all black
    09-03-17 04:55 PM
    Did you have to send your phone back first before they sent you a replacement? if so how long were you without your device?
    09-03-17 06:20 PM
    Personally, I love my DTEK60. I have never had issues with lag or the battery. Quite the contrary. It is fast and battery lasts me through my work day into the evening. I am glad the Keyone is doing well.. BlackBerry needed a device that is a success.. but while I love BlackBerry, I left their PKB phones long ago and have been enjoying their full screen devices for sometime. Couldn't go back to a smaller screen and physical keys. Love the BlackBerry software and security though.
    securityboy likes this.
    09-04-17 08:52 AM
    Just sent my DTEK60 to blackberry with digitizer and lagging problems, will see what they say or send back!
    Last edited by piko 72; 09-05-17 at 09:48 AM.
    09-05-17 09:33 AM
    Which version? Silver or all black
    Silver
    Neville A Daniels likes this.
    09-05-17 10:14 AM
    Did you have to send your phone back first before they sent you a replacement? if so how long were you without your device?
    No they sent a device to me first. Took 5 days from phone call till device arrived. My DTEK60 was still working the whole time so I was never without a device.
    09-05-17 10:15 AM
    No they sent a device to me first. Took 5 days from phone call till device arrived. My DTEK60 was still working the whole time so I was never without a device.
    You still had to return the DTEK60..right? How many days did they allow you to send the DTEK60 back to them?
    09-05-17 11:23 PM
    they said 5 days when talking to them. but the form sent with the new device said within 14 days
    09-05-17 11:30 PM
    I too had battery issues with my Dtek60, so I had to send it back to them. They replaced it with a new Dtek60, which I'm having no more battery issues with. I wouldn't have taken the Keyone if they tried to downgrade me to it.
    09-15-17 02:36 PM
    My DTEK60 did seem to get a bit laggy/glitchy and run down battery quickly for a while, but those problems seem to have gone away. Maybe something in one of the security updates fixed it? I know the apps are re-optimized every time that happens.
    09-16-17 10:06 AM
    laserx what was your battery life before replacement and what has it been like now after they replaced it? For me from 100% to 0% I get around 4-5 hours of screen on time and about 8 to 12 hours of battery life in total. I use LTE (1 to 2 bars, bad for battery life I know) and I use Wi-Fi when I am at the office or home. Also what did they have you do to test the device before sending it? I do have the Facebook app installed (I heard it is bad for battery life). When I go to bed I put the DTEK60 in battery saver mode and disable Wi-Fi and mobile data so I lose around 1% an hour overnight. I am on the fence if I should send it in or not because the battery life is not great but at the same time it is not horrible. I think the best word I could use for the battery life is "unremarkable".

I too had battery issues with my Dtek60, so I had to send it back to them. They replaced it with a new Dtek60, which I'm having no more battery issues with. I wouldn't have taken the Keyone if they tried to downgrade me to it.
    09-16-17 07:36 PM
    laserx what was your battery life before replacement and what has it been like now after they replaced it? For me from 100% to 0% I get around 4-5 hours of screen on time and about 8 to 12 hours of battery life in total. I use LTE (1 to 2 bars, bad for battery life I know) and I use Wi-Fi when I am at the office or home. Also what did they have you do to test the device before sending it? I do have the Facebook app installed (I heard it is bad for battery life). When I go to bed I put the DTEK60 in battery saver mode and disable Wi-Fi and mobile data so I lose around 1% an hour overnight. I am on the fence if I should send it in or not because the battery life is not great but at the same time it is not horrible. I think the best word I could use for the battery life is "unremarkable".

09-16-17 07:36 PM
    My DTEK60 wouldn't charge properly any more. I called BlackBerry Mobile support to request a replacement and do the whole warranty thing. The guy on the phone knew that it was a DTEK60 and said he would send out a replacement. When the replacement arrived I was shocked that it was a KEYone. They didn't say they were sending me a hardware upgrade.

Why would BlackBerry Mobile do this?
    - Did they accidentally send me the wrong phone?
    - Are the DTEK60's lemons and there is not point in sending me another Lemon?

I'll add in that the DTEK60 wasn't working for me anyways. It would get really laggy and the battery was horrible. I even did a factory reset and OS reinstall and still had problems.

To me the KEYone is an upgrade and has been a way better experience (battery and productivity) compared to the DTEK60. I've had the phone for a couple weeks so far and has been going great.

Only downside is they didn't send me a cover or screen protector which I had previously one my DTEK60. I wasn't going to request one as maybe the KEYone was a mistake and I didn't want to bring it to their attention, lol.

Brian
    Maybe they have run out of DTEK60'S or the batteries.

My DTEK60 battery drained within 2 hours, or shut down when it hit 15%.

It's under warranty, so I got a return Fedex label from the BlackBerry customer service centre.

Sent it to BlackBerry Repair Centre here in Canada.

Waiting to see what comes back.
    10-07-17 08:38 PM
    I got back my same DTEK60 with a new battery in it (same IMEI, etc)
    10-08-17 08:27 AM
    I'd keep it.

I barely touch my DTEK60 since I got the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Hey Conite, other than the physical Keyboard and the longer lasting battery, what is it about the Keyone that you enjoy over your DTEK60?
    10-08-17 10:30 AM
    Hey Conite, other than the physical Keyboard and the longer lasting battery, what is it about the Keyone that you enjoy over your DTEK60?
    Nougat. Camera.
    10-08-17 10:31 AM
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    10-08-17 10:33 AM