I was checking the state of my DTEK60 using BlackBerry® Virtual Expert (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackberry.bbve). And I found that BBVE fails to start camera test...
    According to Using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) diagnostics application DTEK60 is even listed as a generic "BlackBerry powered by Android".

Is it happening only on my device or is DTEK60 so much abandoned and forgotten even by BlackBerry???

Guys, which parts of DTEK60 official support are currently "alive" if the native support forum is closed and Crackberry is listed as the entry point??
    Last edited by moonflyer; 09-19-17 at 03:40 PM. Reason: A typo
    09-08-17 08:51 AM
    I'm having the same problem. ran the test because of focusing issues with the camera. seems there may be more going on. also, I can't see the amber flash working at all..
    09-19-17 08:43 PM
    Dtek50 and 60 are orphaned devices. TCL doesn't want to support them since they were built under a different agreement, and Blackberry doesn't want to support them because they don't do hardware anymore and don't really care about their customers.
    09-19-17 08:46 PM
    Dtek50 and 60 are orphaned devices. TCL doesn't want to support them since they were built under a different agreement, and Blackberry doesn't want to support them because they don't do hardware anymore and don't really care about their customers.
    TCL has been sending people replacement KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices for faulty DTEK60 devices (since there are no more DTEK60s). Sounds like decent support to me.
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-19-17 09:31 PM
    TCL has been sending people replacement KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices for faulty DTEK60 devices (since there are no more DTEK60s). Sounds like decent support to me.
    I've only seen one person here who reported that and could have been a fluke.
    09-20-17 12:15 AM
    Same here... all the photos I've taken since the August security update are blurry and camera can't focus, only pictures in "macro" mode are clear. BBVE also fails when checking the camera.
    Hope the September update will fix the problem
    09-20-17 02:46 AM
    That is a pretty good deal!
    Curious.... What about those who bought the Dtek because they didn't want a PKB and wanted a large slab? Are you saying they are not fixing the Dtek and just sending out the Keyone?
    09-20-17 11:50 AM
    That is a pretty good deal!
    Curious.... What about those who bought the Dtek because they didn't want a PKB and wanted a large slab? Are you saying they are not fixing the Dtek and just sending out the Keyone?
    BlackBerry Mobile has nothing apart from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ to offer at the moment. It's probably cheaper for them to replace than to fix.
    09-20-17 11:55 AM
    That would be a downgrade, and personally I'd be mad.
    09-20-17 12:43 PM
    That would be a downgrade, and personally I'd be mad.
    I have both. It's not.

But what are they supposed to do anyway? The DTEKs are all gone.

The point is, they are supporting the product - and quite fervently it would seem.
    09-20-17 12:44 PM
    I have both. It's not.

But what are they supposed to do anyway? The DTEKs are all gone.

The point is, they are supporting the product - and quite fervently it would seem.
    Curious, a D60 can't be fixed, and it's under warranty, then what? I have to just take the K1 they send me?

My phone is just at seven months old (2/24/2017) from Digital River. I really DO love the 60. So I'm just supposed to suck it up and take a K1, a phone I do not want? Just curious, For those of us still under the manufacturer warranty.
    09-25-17 03:28 AM
    Guess us that bought it day 1 are up the creek. All thier 'focus' is on new customers not old customers that are dieing anyways.
    09-26-17 09:33 PM
    So far only a few replies distantly relevant to my questions. I am getting OK pictures, and I hope BBVE will get fixed sometime to support DTEK60 in full, as that was a very useful tool on OS10.
    09-29-17 11:42 AM
    So far only a few replies distantly relevant to my questions. I am getting OK pictures, and I hope BBVE will get fixed sometime to support DTEK60 in full, as that was a very useful tool on OS10.
    For me, only the two flash tests in BBVE results in the app crashing, the other camera tests work fine. Just go to the list of tests, because the hole camera test begins with the flash test, causing BBVE to crash.

Regarding BBVE's support to DTEK60, guess you're right. Mine shows the pic of a Priv, although model number and software version are correctly shown

Never had problems with the camera on my DTEK60.
    09-29-17 05:23 PM
    How does one go about getting the keyone as a replacement? Do I call digital river?
    09-29-17 05:47 PM
    How does one go about getting the keyone as a replacement? Do I call digital river?
    That is most likely not a 100% option - the shop might be deciding what to do on its own...
    10-04-17 11:37 AM