Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    Basically, after the latest Blackberry Keyboard app update, all drop-down lists are now obscured by the keyboard, making picking certain options at the bottom of the list impossible. Using WhatsApp is pretty awful now too, as the keyboard seems to fight with the WhatsApp emoji drawer, and selecting emoji is extremely hit-and-miss (clicking on an emoji seems to switch back to the keyboard half of the time).

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar to me after the latest update? I think I will have to switch to the Google keyboard until this is rectified.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    09-06-17 05:37 AM
    I have the same issue with the drop downs. I noticed it with spelling errors. When you touch a miss-spelled word the drop down list of suggested corrections is obscured.
    09-07-17 11:23 AM
    Ack! If that is in fact a new bug, it should have been caught in any reasonable testing scenario. Have these guys not heard of regression testing? Is this present on the Priv, DTEK50 or KEYone?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-07-17 11:28 AM
    switch to Gboard
    09-07-17 11:35 PM
    switch to Gboard
    +1

Ack! If that is in fact a new bug, it should have been caught in any reasonable testing scenario. Have these guys not heard of regression testing? Is this present on the Priv, DTEK50 or KEYone?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    From someone in my group chat with this issue, it only happens when there's no physical keyboard involved, i.e. a Priv with the keyboard slid down and the KEYone shouldn't have this happen. DTEKs and Priv with the keyboard slid up should.
    09-07-17 11:40 PM
    Yes. same problem here, with my Dtek 60. I have actually had this problem for three weeks...

Another question that I can't seem to get my head around, is how can I actually choose the WHITE text which comes up right above the space bar? when typing place names or slang, which I do not want to be corrected...
    09-11-17 11:34 AM
    This bug has been fixed for me.

I don't know how to post images on this version of crackberry app
    09-11-17 02:26 PM
    Swipe up instead of tapping the space bar to get the white text.
    I'm finding that the space bar now capitalizes too many words. Thinking of clearing out the memory and letting it start over.
    09-13-17 07:38 AM
    This works for me
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Keyboard App - Now causing issues with drop-down lists and WhatsApp on DTEK60-screenshot_20170911-192656.jpg  
    09-13-17 09:49 AM
    Swipe up instead of tapping the space bar to get the white text.
    Thank you so much.
    That now works perfectly for me and it actually even adds the 'new' word into the dictionary automatically, immediately after swiping up action!

Massive help. Much appreciated
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    09-13-17 10:49 AM