Samsung S7 with DTEK security + BlackBerry suite = Best smartphone
    Is it possible to install dtek security on s7 edge, can you share the apk file please.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 04:39 AM
    Is it possible to install dtek security on s7 edge, can you share the apk file please.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I'm aware the dtek software is only available for blackberry fones. Its possible to use the BlackBerry suite (other than dtek ) on the s7. I'm currently using it. It seems to work.
    11-26-16 05:41 AM
    I also using hub keyboard etc from blackberry, it is interesting if dtek security might work some day.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 05:50 AM
    My bro was using Priv but he trade it for S7. No regret. Want to trust a brand 'Samsung' is way to go. S7 anytime over Dtek60

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 06:56 AM
    Why bother with samsung? Open a verizon account and get the pixel for $240. Or the xl for $360. Black Friday deal if you live in usa.

Me personally, I'm sticking with my passport for now, as apps don't matter much to me, and I think the passport camera is fine for my needs.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Yes the Passport camera when using the camera ++ app is pretty good to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 05:28 PM
    I think I'll go for Samsung S7 and just install the Hub + suite and Cobalt's BlackBerry keyboard
    11-26-16 06:35 PM
    My new dtek60 was delivered yesterday. It is slightly wider than the s7 edge but about the same length. Very fast and the BlackBerry system seems, much better than the down loaded Blackberry suite on the s7. I have to say that, so far, I prefer the dtek60. However, I cant road test it properly because I haven't got a case for it, and I drop my phones a the time! Fortunately I use StilGut cases and they afford huge protection which in my case is needed. I have to wait about a fortnight for them to put dtek60 cases on sale .

So I will continue to play at home and get to know the phone in a carpeted and safe (ish) environment. I couldnt believe how fast it was to charge from 33% to full. Minutes.
    11-27-16 02:50 AM
    My new dtek60 was delivered yesterday. It is slightly wider than the s7 edge but about the same length. Very fast and the BlackBerry system seems, much better than the down loaded Blackberry suite on the s7. I have to say that, so far, I prefer the dtek60. However, I cant road test it properly because I haven't got a case for it, and I drop my phones a the time! Fortunately I use StilGut cases and they afford huge protection which in my case is needed. I have to wait about a fortnight for them to put dtek60 cases on sale .

So I will continue to play at home and get to know the phone in a carpeted and safe (ish) environment. I couldnt believe how fast it was to charge from 33% to full. Minutes.
    Did it heat the phone up significantly when you charged it that fast?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-27-16 05:27 PM
    It was slightly warm but not hot
    11-27-16 05:30 PM
    It was slightly warm but not hot
    That's good to hear.

11-27-16 05:46 PM
    You can sell the s7 edge and buy a dtek60 and have money left over...

Well, but how can I sell gift?
    11-28-16 01:14 AM
    My Passport goes days without needing to be recharged
    That's because you can't do much with a Passport. I know because I have both the Passport OG & the SE and are now boxed up paper weights.
    11-28-16 01:35 AM
    S7 is a way to go. Dtek60 /70/80/90/100 will meet same Fate. By End of 2017 BlackBerry will pull their hand from Android like they did with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 04:02 AM
    From initial views of the dtek 60 it's a very good handset. And I prefer it to the s7. I've only used it on WiFi and have to say that it's fast and very responsive. Certainly on a par with the s7. There is no advertising on the hub either. The hub on s7 seems to carry lots of ads which annoys me beyond words. BB10 was a brilliant os and still is. So far I like the integration of blackberry and Android .
    11-28-16 04:29 AM
    S7 is a way to go. Dtek60 /70/80/90/100 will meet same Fate. By End of 2017 BlackBerry will pull their hand from Android like they did with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Being "stuck" on Nougat is not comparable to being "stuck" on BB10.

On, Android, you'd still have many, many years of app support on Google Play.
    11-28-16 06:26 AM

I Agree to Disagree.
    BB10 is still the Best, Period.
    But it's not about BB10,

S7 is always better then Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 08:10 AM
    I Agree to Disagree.
    BB10 is still the Best, Period.
    But it's not about BB10,

Posted via CB10
    Your preference for the BB10 OS is not related to the validity of my comment.
    11-28-16 09:21 AM
    I

S7 is always better then Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the criteria, and whether or not "value" comes into play. I actually prefer the DTEK60 to the S7 regardless of price, but the choice seems even clearer when you figure it's substantially cheaper.
    11-28-16 09:24 AM

I guess it depends on how you use your phone. I have an Android that I am forced to use for work. Haven't installed a single app on there...

11-28-16 01:18 PM
    I guess it depends on how you use your phone. I have an Android that I am forced to use for work. Haven't installed a single app on there...

Not even a browser with updated security enhancements and certificates?
    11-28-16 01:20 PM
    I need help.

I stupidly got myself a two year contract with a Samsung S7. The phone is OK but I've only used blackberry phones for years. I'm still using a passport SE, and was using a leap before the s7.

I was concerned by the hype about whatsapp not being available for BB10. I didn't fancy the Priv and was unaware of the two dtek handsets. Why dont they advertise?

I've downloaded the BlackBerry apps to the S7. However, it does not seem to give the 'proper' blackberry experience.

My question is this, should I sell the s7 and buy the dtek60? Will the dtek60 give me a more fluid operation or will it be no different from my current set up?

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Aloysuis
    Then go for DTEK60.
    11-28-16 01:29 PM
    I sold my Sasmung edge S7 and got two passports instead. Whatsapp is working fine for another six months. BlackBerry is still the best for me. I think dtek60 is a great android solution but to buy it just for whatsapp is a bit worry over the top.

Posted via CB10
    Damn it. They made a fool out of me by announcing the June 2017 date. Had they said that earlier, I would have happily bought a passport in July this year, instead of joining CB & asking ppl here, and would have even got to use it for 1 whole year with Whatsapp.
    11-28-16 01:43 PM
    Not even a browser with updated security enhancements and certificates?
    It's a work phone, calls, texts, that's it... Even on my personal phone, just a few apps really. Don't use whatsapp, don't need an app to make fart noises or to play games... The only apps I have on my BB10 that are Android apps are a few banking apps and google maps. I guess eventually those would stop working though. Oh well...

11-28-16 03:22 PM
    It's a work phone, calls, texts, that's it... Even on my personal phone, just a few apps really. Don't use whatsapp, don't need an app to make fart noises or to play games... The only apps I have on my BB10 that are Android apps are a few banking apps and google maps. I guess eventually those would stop working though. Oh well...

I'm asking about a secure browser and you mention fart apps. Why is it always about fart apps and games when people diss the Android app selection? It's disingenuous. It ignores the hundreds of critical business apps and essential collaboration tools that many people need.

Let's just agree to refrain from the silly fart app thing.
    11-28-16 04:10 PM
    People have their preferences,

I for one HATE touch whiz, won't use it. My company stuck me with a samsung a3 2016 and I'm not happy with it at all, I actually got the entire blackberry suite of apps on it now and I'm rocking it for work

I use my Priv only.

It comes down to preference, dtek targets the working professional. I am a working professional.
    11-28-16 04:12 PM
208 ... 23456 ...