I'll only give you the camera on the S7 over the DTEK60 (the other items are arguable). The question remains if it's worth giving up a bigger screen, BlackBerry hardening, faster security updates, the extras in the BlackBerry App suite not offered on other devices, and $220 CDN.

Yes, the 8890 has some advantages, but it's not "way superior". It's actually worse in some categories. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d1c5ce0479.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...845f1ca61d.jpg
    Well, you do have a point, but as we have learned from a time ago, benchmarks are like megapixels, more doesn't always mean better. 8890 is faster and is more energy efficient. When the S7 came out, it was almost another "#ChipGate" because people didn't want to set with SD820 variant that was considered inferior

This is how noticeably better the Exynos 8890 on doing real tasks. With that, sure the SD820 is no slouch, much better than the overheating 810 and 808's.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-23-16 06:15 PM
    I may be biased, but I don't even think that it is even close. The larger, less expensive dtek60 simply offers better value for the dollar, even if the Samsung camera is better.

Having said that though, the Samsung will sell better due to carrier availability and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:42 PM
    Samsung S7 with DTEK security + BlackBerry suite = Best smartphone
    11-23-16 07:00 PM
    after what happen with samsung note 7 issue am staying well clear from samsung phones for right now its going too be a vary long time be for i even go near a samsung phone even no i never had a note 7 wish is good thing
    11-23-16 07:17 PM
    If both are the same price, then S7 any day for me. The blackberry apps will still suck in the DTEK, this is not BB10 anymore. I uninstalled all the blackberry apps on my Priv
    11-23-16 07:21 PM
    I uninstalled all the blackberry apps on my Priv
    Your loss.
    11-23-16 07:51 PM
    If both are the same price, then S7 any day for me. The blackberry apps will still suck in the DTEK, this is not BB10 anymore. I uninstalled all the blackberry apps on my Priv
    But they aren't the same price. The smaller Samsung is about $200 more expensive.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 07:58 PM
    And you CANNOT get the Exynos chip in a US-Bandplan device.

Which, if you live in the US, actually is quite important.
    11-23-16 08:29 PM
    I may be biased, but I don't even think that it is even close. The larger, less expensive dtek60 simply offers better value for the dollar, even if the Samsung camera is better.

Having said that though, the Samsung will sell better due to carrier availability and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    if you're after bang for the buck then OnePlus3
    11-23-16 08:39 PM
    You don't like blackberry suites? That's the only thing I like about DTEK series. I installed blackberry suites on my S7 and it's awesome! Get blackberry suites from cobalt's blackberry manager.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    11-23-16 08:40 PM
    if you're after bang for the buck then OnePlus3
    Oppo is a great bang for the buck but I am not sure what oppo has to do so this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 10:18 PM
    Samsung is having a sale until the end of the year to get $225 off the S7 with an old phone trade in. That prices the phone at 870-225=$645, which is cheaper than the dtek60.
    I'm going with S7 by the end of the year. Just sold my DTEK50 because of the crappy camera and the hub wouldn't provide push for my Gmail account. It was a decent phone but the S7 is very good and has a much better camera than the 60.

Posted via CB10
    Where is it 225 off??

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 10:28 PM
    It's the active frame screen.
    I actually think this task switcher is better on android than bb10. The availability of apps on the Google puts bb10 out of commission. Always miss bb10 for some reason, but we need to let it go.
    Uzi likes this.
    11-24-16 12:03 AM
    I actually think this task switcher is better on android than bb10. The availability of apps on the Google puts bb10 out of commission. Always miss bb10 for some reason, but we need to let it go.
    correct. the experience on BB10 was getting worse and worse. apps were crashing/freezing, and updates weren't available. DTEK60 is great for a first android phone. Will help me transition lol.
    11-24-16 07:02 AM
    I need help.

I stupidly got myself a two year contract with a Samsung S7. The phone is OK but I've only used blackberry phones for years. I'm still using a passport SE, and was using a leap before the s7.

I was concerned by the hype about whatsapp not being available for BB10. I didn't fancy the Priv and was unaware of the two dtek handsets. Why dont they advertise?

I've downloaded the BlackBerry apps to the S7. However, it does not seem to give the 'proper' blackberry experience.

My question is this, should I sell the s7 and buy the dtek60? Will the dtek60 give me a more fluid operation or will it be no different from my current set up?

I will be grateful for any advice on this.

Aloysuis

if you are still with in your 14 day return window you can return your samsung S7 and cancel your 2 year contract and get a black berry DTEK 60 what ever you do dont sell the phone and then get your black berry other wise you still be in your 2 year contrack its better too this cancel it with in your 14 day window get your $ back and then get the phone you want
    11-24-16 07:13 PM
    Why bother with samsung? Open a verizon account and get the pixel for $240. Or the xl for $360. Black Friday deal if you live in usa.

Me personally, I'm sticking with my passport for now, as apps don't matter much to me, and I think the passport camera is fine for my needs.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    11-24-16 08:08 PM
    Where is it 225 off??

Posted via CB10
    It's in Canada only.
    http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/
    They're also giving a free VR headset if you live in Toronto in December.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 08:53 PM
    It's in Canada only.
    http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/
    They're also giving a free VR headset if you live in Toronto in December.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't work for me. Still 870

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:10 PM
    Didn't work for me. Still 870

Posted via CB10
    You need to click on Terms and Conditions and it's an in store purchase only because you have to do a phone trade in.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:20 PM
    Oppo is a great bang for the buck but I am not sure what oppo has to do so this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Never saw an OPPO here in europe, even OnePlus is rare to see here

Xiaomi are the deal here at the moment
    11-24-16 10:59 PM
    Why bother with samsung? Open a verizon account and get the pixel for $240. Or the xl for $360. Black Friday deal if you live in usa.
    Me personally, I'm sticking with my passport for now, as apps don't matter much to me, and I think the passport camera is fine for my needs.
    i felt the same way for a while. the rear/main camera on the passport is just OK. the front-facing one is just awful. barely usable. i upgraded to DTEK60... at first I loved it... then sort of hated it (learning curve) but now that I've learned ways to do everything i want and need, i'm quite happy. Love it again. there's quite a bit Android OS can do - it's very versatile which is quite nice. there isn't much i found my passport could do that dtek60 couldn't. the ONLY thing i miss so far the physical keyboard which is irreplaceable. drunk typing on touchscreen is hopeless lol.

Never saw an OPPO here in europe, even OnePlus is rare to see here
    Xiaomi are the deal here at the moment
    i cant event pronounce that.
    11-25-16 07:01 AM
    The front facing camera on the S7 is really bad. Tested it yesterday. Matters to me, but not to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 02:59 PM
    The front facing camera on the S7 is really bad. Tested it yesterday. Matters to me, but not to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say bad, it was one of the best when it came out... Go see PRIV's front facing and you'll see what's bad lol
    11-25-16 04:12 PM
    I'm presented Samsung s7 edge
    You can sell the s7 edge and buy a dtek60 and have money left over...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-25-16 09:11 PM
    Well I've read what has been written and I've looked at reviews and I've now purchased a dtek 60. I am waiting for it to arrive on Monday. I must say that I'm looking forward to it.

I ordered it on line and the operator told me that, due to the lack or advertising by BlackBerry, sales had been very slow. However they really are picking up now as people realise that the dtek 60 is a very good handset

I will be able to make an in depth comparison between the other BlackBerry phones that I own and, in particular, the Samsung S7 both with the BlackBerry downloads and without.

And rest assured the camera on any of the phones will hardly be given a mention, if at all. ;-)

Have a great day everyone.
    so crow likes this.
    11-26-16 01:32 AM
208 12345 ...