Hi everyone,

A weirdest thing has happened with my DTEK60. A friend of mine wanted to compare sizes of my Blackberry with his iPhone 6. So he took the two phones and put his phone above mine. My phone blinked and switched off. Now my phone is not working - it does not react on anything. I tried holding power button for more than 32 seconds, I tried holding Power + Volume Up + Home for several seconds, but nothing happens at all: no sound, no blinking, no vibration. Looks like a brick to me. Any ideas, what has happened and how to fix it?
    07-23-17 04:02 AM
    I hope it is a coincidence. Have you tried to recharge it for a few hours, too?
    07-23-17 08:15 PM
    I was thinking that to plug in for awhile too. Maybe it has something about to do with security breach with Dtek so it shut down. (nfc) Was it over heating.
    07-23-17 08:32 PM
    I tried charging it, yes. Actually it had ~60% when it shut down. And I left it to charge after that for several hours. No luck yet .
    07-24-17 02:49 AM
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Could be security thing... But that's weird. And it wasn't overheating at all.
    07-24-17 02:50 AM
    Maybe it's a sign.
    Config-i1 likes this.
    07-24-17 02:55 AM
    Bizarre issue
    07-24-17 06:08 AM
    That's a built in feature of all iPhones. The iPhone killed the Blackberry, literally and figuratively.
    07-24-17 07:31 AM
    I wonder if anyone can reproduce this thing on other Android-based devices... or at least on other BB Android devices. Any volunteers?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-24-17 07:49 AM
    I think BlackBerry should have a Pop-up Medical Clinic in Malls for issues like this. Or Parimedics to come to you.
    I hope you get this issue fixed.
    mrgarygeorge likes this.
    07-24-17 10:51 AM
    i have an iphone 6 and i put it together in the same pocket with my dtek60 all the time.
    No issues. only issues is the sapphire lens on that iphones scratched up the dtek60 screen good.

maybe it has something to do with nfc/apple air.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    07-24-17 11:09 AM
    Come to think of it My PRIV totally shut down, so I went to my Passport for a few days, then went back to my PRIV. Fully charged and pushed power button twice then pushed button third time for 30seconds and then it came on. Ended up doing a reset up and still working fine. Hope this works for you.
    07-24-17 11:42 AM
    Makes you wonder what that iPhone is doing to it's owners head when they hold it to their ear.....

Proable just a random fluke.... a chip in your handset was defective and stray energy from the iPhone fried it, or the iPhone has a defect component that is leaking much more energy than an FCC approved unit should and it fried yours. Either way if you can't get any reacting by charging it or holding the buttons down..... Should be under warranty, so I'd contact BlackBerry.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    07-24-17 01:37 PM
    That friend told me that he has Apple pay... I don't know why the phone would react on it. Maybe the stars were in a wrong position that moment...

Now the best part of all of that! The phone didn't work for 3 days and didn't react on anything at all. But I have just took it once again and pressed the power button and... the miracle! It's working again, like nothing has ever happened! I wonder, what the hell was that?!

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, guys!
    07-24-17 03:39 PM
    When I had my Classic I would re-boot periodically.

Every so often it would fail to re-boot and I would have to try repeatedly until it would finally (thankfully) re-boot successfully.

I don't think I've had that happen on my PRIV, but weird things do happen.
    07-24-17 04:51 PM
    I am thinking maybe Blackberry Dtek series has a lockdown for a time period from a security breach.
    07-24-17 05:20 PM
    It happened in your friends hand, I would be making said friend buy me a new phone lol
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    07-28-17 06:41 AM
    Your BlackBerry didn't want to be seen in the company of (bad) Apple(s) so it played dead. Can't think of any other reason it lay low for three days. I know some animals do that but it's the first time I hear of fruits doing it.

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    07-31-17 12:26 AM