11-09-16 12:44 PM
    Nice..... Glad I've got one too.
    11-09-16 12:50 PM
    The Author's DAILY USAGE EXPERIENCES AND CONCLUSION

"With my misunderstanding that BlackBerry was done with hardware, I thought the BlackBerry Passport was going to be my last BlackBerry purchase. It turns out that BlackBerry is still working with hardware partners to bring new devices to market with BlackBerry focusing on an enhanced software experience to provide security and productivity to customers. The DTEK60 packs in flagship specs, enhanced BlackBerry services, and is priced $200 to $300 less than competing 5.5 inch smartphones.

The DTEK60 would be nearly perfect with some kind of water resistance, even a nano coating to prevent damage from splashes. Hopefully we see this capability in a future BlackBerry handset.

The device is a pleasure to hold, the speakers are loud and clear, the BlackBerry keyboard is fast and accurate, and the BlackBerry Hub helps me maintain a centralized communications center for better efficiency in my daily routine.

For $499, I can recommend the DTEK60 just based on its specifications alone. Add in the BlackBerry software, BlackBerry committment and track record of fast security updates, and compelling dual glass and metal frame hardware design and its easy to see why the BlackBerry DTEK60 is a winner."
    11-09-16 12:51 PM
    nice an great camera compare and equal as the iphone 7 plus and huawei mate 9 ,but still the Samsung S7 and pixel are better. Still all you get is a great device for bucks
    Jrox74 and La Emperor like this.
    11-09-16 01:01 PM
    Wow, awesome.
    11-09-16 01:16 PM
    I was just about to post this review! Ordered the bundle from Crackberry myself...... the wait is agonizing!
    11-09-16 01:17 PM
    Great review and indeed a great device.
    11-09-16 01:32 PM
    Interesting they say the battery is a con. Considering its 3,000mAh
    11-09-16 04:33 PM
    Why does the reviewer state that Blackberry is going to work with hardware partners to bring new devices? It was fairly clear to me that they would be willing to license software only moving forward. Two very different avenues.
    11-09-16 04:40 PM
    Part of the reason ZDnet review is so positive is because it was not reviewed by their resident BlackBerry hater Zack Whittaker. This man reviewed both the Priv and DTEK50 and both times tried to trash the products and say they weren't secure. The reviews are still up and can viewed for those interested. Shame Blackberry doesn't have good management, i would reckon any other company would have threatened legal action over those libelous reviews from a man with clear axe to grind with the brand.

Notice once the review of a phone with the same software in it was handled by a different person it got an excellent review. Its very telling.
    Last edited by Randal Yandal; 11-10-16 at 07:56 AM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-09-16 05:22 PM
    Part of the reason ZDnet review is so positive is because it was not reviewed by their resident BlackBerry hater Zack Whittaker. This man reviewed both the Priv and DTEK50 and both times tried to trash the products and say they weren't secure. The reviews are still up and can viewed for those interested. Shame Blackberry doesn't have good management, i would reckon any other company would have threatened legal action over those slanderous reviews from a man with clear axe to grind with the brand.

Notice once the review of a phone with the same software in it was handled by a different person it got an excellent review. Its very telling.
    Yes, it's telling pretty much all reviews are BS as its pretty much the opinion of a usually misinformed clown who doesn't even know how to really use the phone.

#whatisclassic
    11-09-16 11:08 PM
    BB did a great job imo
    11-09-16 11:53 PM
    Editor rating 8.8
    11-10-16 02:22 AM
    11-10-16 03:55 AM
    Editor rating 8.8
    He originally had it at 9.1

BlackBerry DTEK60: The best enterprise flagship-dtek.jpg
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-10-16 07:09 AM
    Part of the reason ZDnet review is so positive is because it was not reviewed by their resident BlackBerry hater Zack Whittaker. This man reviewed both the Priv and DTEK50 and both times tried to trash the products and say they weren't secure. The reviews are still up and can viewed for those interested. Shame Blackberry doesn't have good management, i would reckon any other company would have threatened legal action over those slanderous reviews from a man with clear axe to grind with the brand.

FYI, it isn't "slanderous." If it is written it's libel. Slander refers to something spoken.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-10-16 07:45 AM
    BlackBerry DTEK60 review - Review - PC Advisor

Check this )

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa likes this.
    11-10-16 11:30 AM
    Good to read some positive reviews and that they got this phone at a good price. Hopefully they will be able to partner up with some other companies to develop some other phones and release them at a reasonable price.
    11-10-16 03:16 PM
    It is a great mix, BlackBerry and Android. Android generally is too messy for me, but BlackBerry taking over to clean it up and make it more professional is a home run. Now wish I could spend the money on one!
    11-10-16 04:21 PM
    So, for the Mercury is any hope if this kind of evaluation was made for the DTEK60... at least a little hope
    11-11-16 09:40 AM