With no intention to bore the crackberry folks out here., Here's my story with my new DTEK 60:

FIRST POST:
    On my recent trip to the US, I enthusiastically waited for the launch of the DTEK 60 and bought one for myself as soon as I could. I placed the order directly from https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Q4q0Bsc4 through a colleague residing in Los Angeles and it arrived in good condition.

I have setup my BB DTEK60 and it recorded top-notch performance until the morning of Wednesday, December 14 when I observed a cackling muffled call quality from the earpiece speaker while receiving a call. All other calls I made to diagnose the problem returned the same result. I could not hear them but they could hear me clearly..

Please note that when I place a call on speaker phone, It performs well.
    When I play music on the phone, it responds well.
    When I use the phone's handsfree headset, I could hear the other party very well.

I am currently stuck with using the accompanying headset in other to hear the other party when on calls.
    Further note: The one-month-old phone has never fallen from my hand or from any surface.
    I have rebooted the phone severally within the last 5 days and have updated both OS and all apps.

How do I resolve this challenge, please?

SECOND POST:
    It's unfortunate that BlackBerry does not maintain a customer support Center in my region (Lagos, Nigeria) and I have not received any guidance on how to mail the phone back to them.

I have shifted to self diagnosis mode now. I have been able to establish that the earpiece for my Dtek60 has failed. Can anyone please point me to any reputable online retailer to source replacement parts for the damaged earpiece from please?

I'm willing to order same and get it fixed locally here.
    Even though BlackBerry customer support sucks like hell, I still love their phones.
    12-22-16 01:42 AM
    ETrade Supply|iPhone Parts|Cell Phone Parts|iPhone 4S Parts|iPhone 5 Parts|Mobile Phone Parts|iPhone Parts|Cell Phone Parts|Mobile Phone Parts|iPhone 5c Screens|Screen For iPhone 6|iPhone 5s Lcd Replacement|Samsung Galaxy S5 Display|Lg G3 Replacement

Has in the past been a great source of spare parts for BlackBerry devices.

Unfortunately the newer Android devices just are hard to find parts for.... probable a matter of they haven't been on the market long, and that there aren't that many users, so demand for parts is probably pretty low. If you only knew if parts from one of the Alcatel Idol 4 version would fit.
    12-22-16 08:04 AM
    same here - hissing noise sound in phone conversations, as if speaker membrane was ruptured. :-(
    01-14-17 08:08 AM
    it need to be replace with a new one
    01-19-17 10:55 AM
    I bought the DTek 60 last week to find the same cracking noise. We do have a HCL repair shop in Calcutta, India. Should I take my phone there for repair? I haven't paid for my phone yet and I am tempted to return it back. From a satisfied Z30 owner to a dissatisfied Dtek60 owner....so much for bb phones. Such a waste.
    01-20-17 07:47 AM
    Mine has been perfect as has my friends since launch.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-20-17 11:12 AM
    Mine has been perfect as has my friends since launch.
    no disrespect but I think people who have issues don't care that yours is fine...
    01-20-17 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 04:11 PM
    Before sending it to repair try factory reset, don't restore anything and place a call if it is fixed the problem is software. If it has the same problem it is hardware and has to be fixed. If it is fixed with factory reset please set it up like new, do not restore. Most of the software problems tend to be backed up also.
    01-23-17 08:51 PM
    I faced EXACTLY the same issues with my Dtek60 as the OP and some of the others in this thread. Also never dropped the phone nor mistreated it in any way or form.
    It's now on its way to warranty repair, and I hope this can be fixed, and if not, they will have to replace it......unless they come back to me with the usual BS like water damage or physical damage caused by me, which unfortunately happens more and more often these days.
    01-24-17 05:11 AM
    I have had this issue with past BlackBerries. I work construction and believe that small metal particles get in the speaker making it crackle. I have given some good smacks on the back of the phone to loosen the particles out and have read that using a magnet next to earpiece and giving it smacks will also work. Give that a try.
    02-04-17 02:34 PM