Hey guys,

I just want to report that I have tried to order the Dtek60 from BB, and they have declined my order for some reason, twice, although my bank has prove my purchase. My first order was placed on the 17th,, and the second on the 18th. Finally, today, my money was credited back to my account, however, I never received an explanation from Digital River, as to why my order was denied, when my bank approved the purchase.

With all of the problems that BB is having selling phones, you would figure that they would at least be able validate legitimate orders. Google search results comes up with many cases of individuals having the same issues. What is Black Berry doing????

Any how, I severely punished BB. Not trying to buy DTEK60 anymore, not even from other sources. They don't deserve my business.! I ordered the iPhone 7 today. It's being delivered tomorrow!!!
    Alain_A likes this.
    11-22-16 01:37 PM
    So you're saying Chen is evil and secretly aborted your order even though your bank approved the payment.

Well, have fun with your iPhone and have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    royabsa likes this.
    11-22-16 01:43 PM
    There seems to be a disconnect between your Subject line and the content of your post.

Where are you ordering from? Could it be that ShopBlackBerry doesn't service the country you're in?

Enjoy your iPhone 7.
    11-22-16 01:44 PM
    "Digital River is a private company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. In 2013, Digital River processed more than $30 billion in online transactions."

Perhaps the problem was on your end?
    11-22-16 01:45 PM
    No, I am saying that he is a disaster, and has already committed many blunders since he has been with the company. However, my point was, as I stated above, that with all of the problems BB has has selling phones, you would figure that they would have order validation down pat, and again, a quick search of google, shows that I am not alone. I tried to order the phone, twice, and lost my patience with them.
    11-22-16 01:46 PM
    "Digital River is a private company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. In 2013, Digital River processed more than $30 billion in online transactions."

Perhaps the problem was on your end?
    How could the problem be on my end? First of, I ordered the Passport from them, why won't they ship me the DTEK60? My bank assured me that they have approved the transaction. After speaking with CS from DG for the last few days, they are still not able to provide me with a reason, as to why my order was denied, and again, my bank approved the sale. A quick Google search, will show that DR has done this to other individuals as well.
    11-22-16 01:48 PM
    No, I am saying that he is a disaster, and has already committed many blunders since he has been with the company.
    What blunders?

He was hired by the BlackBerry board to pivot the company away from hardware, to software.

Under his watch they have created/purchased/evolved EMM/Good, AtHoc, SecureSmart, WatchDox, QNX Auto, IoT, Asset Tracking, BlackBerry-Android and the Android app suite.
    11-22-16 01:51 PM
    B&h sells it..

I also have the iphone 7..works great.
    11-22-16 01:53 PM
    There seems to be a disconnect between your Subject line and the content of your post.

Where are you ordering from? Could it be that ShopBlackBerry doesn't service the country you're in?

Enjoy your iPhone 7.
    I am in Argentina, however, I ordered to a U.S. address. I have someone who is travelling and was going to bring the phone to me, and that is another reason why I could not wait any longer for this to be straightened out.
    11-22-16 01:54 PM
    I am in Argentina, however, I ordered to a U.S. address. I have someone who is travelling and was going to bring the phone to me, and that is another reason why I could not wait any longer for this to be straightened out.
    Ah now the story comes out. System thought someone had your info and was ordering it fraudulently. Digital River doesn't want to deal with a charge-back after the device ships to this unknown address.
    Randal Yandal and nbaliga like this.
    11-22-16 02:03 PM
    Not clear how this has to do anything with Chen (and his management) and your original subject, "Chen is a disaster".

If your argument were that Chen should try to seek sales wherever he can, even in Argentina, then perhaps you might get some agreement. However, you can probably guess that sales in Argentina aren't as robust as they could be and therefore probably not worth the resources for a few sales.

As for your particular situation, you do realize that you're doing something "clever". You're making payment from Argentina and having an item shipped to a U.S. address. Perhaps you were lucky that it worked before with the Passport, but perhaps since then, DR has been instructed to watch out for such situations, maybe due to fraud and maybe due to regulations. I just don't see how this counts as a strike against DR... or BlackBerry... or Chen, for that matter. Anytime you're going around the system, there's bound to be snags.
    11-22-16 02:11 PM
    Hey guys,

I just want to report that I have tried to order the Dtek60 from BB, and they have declined my order for some reason, twice, although my bank has prove my purchase. My first order was placed on the 17th,, and the second on the 18th. Finally, today, my money was credited back to my account, however, I never received an explanation from Digital River, as to why my order was denied, when my bank approved the purchase.

With all of the problems that BB is having selling phones, you would figure that they would at least be able validate legitimate orders. Google search results comes up with many cases of individuals having the same issues. What is Black Berry doing????

Any how, I severely punished BB. Not trying to buy DTEK60 anymore, not even from other sources. They don't deserve my business.! I ordered the iPhone 7 today. It's being delivered tomorrow!!!
    Did you try to make a purchase through your cell phone? Some merchants and/or PayPal and/or some credit cards will no longer accept purchases made on mobile devices. There have been too many cases of fraud. Try ordering on a desktop computer instead.
    11-22-16 02:27 PM
    11-22-16 02:41 PM