Night before last my Blackberry DTEK60 was working fine. Now my swipes / shortcuts don't work apart from home button round and square buttons do nothing. swiping down from top of screen does nothing, swiping from right does nothing.

On top of that all Google apps stopped saying Play Services needs to be updated. However tried everything suggested but will not update , all downloads from play store say download pending.

Have had a blackberry for work for as long as I can remember , think it time to say goodbye as this has been the biggest was on money on a phone I have ever spend, all good up till now but cannot afford to be hit with these issues.

Any thoughts greatly received............
    01-28-18 03:37 AM
    Yes, you have to update Play Services for other apps to work correctly.

Note that there have also been problems with the monthly BlackBerry updates and Play Services.

You may therefore also have to roll back the updates for Play Services in order to download, verify, and install the latest monthly BlackBerry patch.

After uninstalling the Play Services updates, download and install the monthly BlackBerry security patch.

Then update Play Sevices.

Blackberry Mobile is aware of this problem. You can follow their instructions on the official site:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000046990
    01-28-18 07:19 AM
    Update........................

gave up and did factory reset which turned out to be best option and quickest fix. All back and working as required however need to ensure any updates do not happen without authorisation first. Happy with phone as it is and hopefully will get some use out of it before it has to be replaced .
    01-29-18 05:58 AM
    Martin what security patch are you on? Is it the December or January security patch?
    01-29-18 05:57 PM
    Debating doing a factory reset, but it's such a pain. Did it improve your battery too?
    02-05-18 06:33 AM
    Debating doing a factory reset, but it's such a pain. Did it improve your battery too?
    Have you replaced your battery yet?
    02-05-18 06:42 AM
    Have you replaced your battery yet?
    No, how do I do that?
    02-05-18 07:18 AM
    No, how do I do that?
    I'd find a local shop around you and get quote. Had my screens not cracked, that was going to be next step for me.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-05-18 07:36 AM
    Martin what security patch are you on? Is it the December or January security patch?
    Couldn't resist replying to your question to Martin, Sept 2017, AAO562
    02-05-18 08:04 AM