They both feel the same. Only that the Incipio is a little bit thicker at the edges. Both are much less slippery than the Phone without case.
    That looks to be way lower profile and more sleek than the Dual case. I'm encouraged that it's way less slippery. Maybe I'll try it if I can return the dual that's on order. I'm looking for grip and very low profile, not bulk.
    11-15-16 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the sticky.
    I see a lot of people using Idol 4s cases due to it being the same chassis as the Dtek60. Has anyone found a wallet / folio style case that has card slots in the front flap that fits properly. Anything I have found so far has the fingerprint scanner covered !?! similar to the one in this link.

https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Dretal-Leather-Wallet-Onetouch/dp/B01EWMB00A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478818596&sr=8-2&keywords=idol+4s+wallet+case
    Here I found a cheap universal wallet case.

I just got the 60 in today. Exciting but not ready for primetime just yet. I'm not a fan how "thin" it is. Just pure handling my Z30 is much nicer. I would get the 50 which is I think the same size if I didn't read the poor battery life on it. The screen on my Z30 broke a little finally after many falls, but it's still fully functional and useful. If I wasn't developing for Android to test games/apps I would get another Z30. But now to make the best of this Dtek 60 the case is critical. I would like to fatten up the phone, I guess making it a wallet on the other side would be practical. I'm reading about the Incipio cases.

I also would be interested in something along this minimal naked case that lets you grab the phone on the side more securely.

Basically I'm desperately trying to replicate my beloved Z30
    lyricidal likes this.
    11-15-16 05:57 PM
    Yes, I agree this seems to be the case if you want to accomplish camera protection and low profile with not bulk...

That looks to be way lower profile and more sleek than the Dual case. I'm encouraged that it's way less slippery. Maybe I'll try it if I can return the dual that's on order. I'm looking for grip and very low profile, not bulk.
    Menage likes this.
    11-15-16 06:17 PM
    Thank you sir, I think this post made my mind between the dual or octane incipio cases...

They both feel the same. Only that the Incipio is a little bit thicker at the edges. Both are much less slippery than the Phone without case.
    Menage likes this.
    11-15-16 06:19 PM
    Incipio has agreed to return the DualPro before it even arrived, no questions asked, and already provided an RMA. I've ordered the Octane, still with the "inc25" discount.

All for a phone I don't even have yet! I had to cancel and then reorder the CrackBerry bundle as well - I couldn't be happier with the flexibility and responsiveness of the customer service dept of both CB and Incipio.

So if anyone ordered from ShopBB and wants a leather OEM flip case for cheap, I'll be selling it when it arrives next week.
    11-15-16 06:24 PM
    The protection offered by dual pro is superior to that of Octane, hence why slightly bulkier. Reviews in general for incipio dual pro cases are excellent on Amazon in terms of device protection. If you want to make sure nothing happens if you drop it, grab the dual pro.

Keep in mind as well, a dropped device might not initially show an issue, but things might get knocked around inside and the next time a slight bump occurs, something might fail.
    11-16-16 04:52 AM
    Don't forget to drop the product links in here folks. It'll help shoppers (like me!) find the stuff you're talking about!
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-16-16 08:57 AM
    I'm hoping for a 'canoe' style case eventually, like this Nillkin one for the S7 Edge.

Best Cases for the DTEK60-71dberjvpul._sl1500_.jpg
    11-16-16 09:30 AM
    Hoping for a leather snap on case.
    11-16-16 03:22 PM
    Incipio Case for Alcatel Idol 4S - Octane Pure - Color Clear/Black
    fits pretty well.
    Attachment 412172
    Attachment 412173Attachment 412174Attachment 412175Attachment 412176
    That�s a great looking case indeed, thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    11-16-16 04:27 PM
    Yes, no questions that the dual protects the phone better... but also you add bulk to a slim device... if you want to minimize bulk but still protect somehow the phone, the octane pure seems to provide that balance... I may order both and decide with the phone in my hands which one I will keep...

The protection offered by dual pro is superior to that of Octane, hence why slightly bulkier. Reviews in general for incipio dual pro cases are excellent on Amazon in terms of device protection. If you want to make sure nothing happens if you drop it, grab the dual pro.

Keep in mind as well, a dropped device might not initially show an issue, but things might get knocked around inside and the next time a slight bump occurs, something might fail.
    RNCracker likes this.
    11-16-16 05:31 PM
    Wallet style case with card slots inside the front flap. Anyone seen anything that will fit and have fingerprint scanner access ?
    11-16-16 06:04 PM
    [QUOTE=Menage;12667763]Incipio has agreed to return the DualPro before it even arrived, no questions asked, and already provided an RMA. I've ordered the Octane, still with the "inc25" discount. QUOTE]

Menage I just received my Incipio DualPro case today and I must say I'm quite impressed with the quality and the fact that it doesn't add much bulk at all. Like you I was skeptical about how much bulk the case would add given I've that I'm not a big fan of the Otterbox cases, but Incipio surprised me. I'm sure you'll be fine with the Octane but if you get a chance do take a look at the DualPro as it may surprise you.

P.S I did receive the flip case from the Crackberry bundle but that case is now back in the drawer, likely, never to appear again.
    11-16-16 06:33 PM
    I e-mailed Seidio asking for an ETA for a DTEK 60 case. Sadly, this was their response...

We do not have any plans to develop products for the DTEK 60, but I'd be happy to forward your request over to our product team!
    Please continue to check our website for updates!

Regards,
    Seidio Customer Care
    11-16-16 08:34 PM
    Does anyone have both the Incipio Octane and the Dual Pro? How do the compare in terms of overall thickness? Is the Octane significantly lower in profile?
    Last edited by Centerman66; 11-17-16 at 08:13 AM.
    11-16-16 08:42 PM
    When I get the Octane, I'll use the micrometer and compare it against @tickerguy's results for the DualPro.

Oddly enough the "specs" that Insidio gives for both cases make me go "hmmmmm". I think they picked the numbers out of thin air:

Octane Measurements:
    Length 8.46 inches (214.88 mm)
    Width 4.21 inches (106.93 mm)
    Depth 0.787 inches (19.99 mm)

DualPro Measurements:
    Length 6.26 inches (159 mm)
    Width 3.17 inches (80.52 mm)
    Depth 0.43 inches (10.92 mm)

And thanks, Roadie29! It would be great to have gotten them side by side, but I was contending with border issues.
    11-16-16 10:20 PM
    When I get the Octane, I'll use the micrometer and compare it against @tickerguy's results for the DualPro.

Oddly enough the "specs" that Insidio gives for both cases make me go "hmmmmm". I think they picked the numbers out of thin air:

Octane Measurements:
    Length 8.46 inches (214.88 mm)
    Width 4.21 inches (106.93 mm)
    Depth 0.787 inches (19.99 mm)

DualPro Measurements:
    Length 6.26 inches (159 mm)
    Width 3.17 inches (80.52 mm)
    Depth 0.43 inches (10.92 mm)

And thanks, Roadie29! It would be great to have gotten them side by side, but I was contending with border issues.
    Those specs don't look like they are for cases for the same phone!!! Crazy.
    11-17-16 08:16 AM
    Well that is super weird... probably a misprint?
    11-17-16 08:35 AM
    20 mm thick is about 0.8 inches .... i don't think there is a smartphone for sale in the world with that kind of thickness! Ha ha...
    11-17-16 09:14 AM
    20 mm thick is about 0.8 inches .... i don't think there is a smartphone for sale in the world with that kind of thickness! Ha ha...
    Yeah, that's too little, it's certainly a print error.

Cheers
    11-18-16 05:07 PM
    Loving the Dual Pro Case, not bulky at all and can be dropped from 12 feet compared to Octane only rated at 4 feet. Just an FYI.
    Roadie29 likes this.
    11-18-16 05:53 PM
    Yeah, that's too little, it's certainly a print error.

Cheers
    No. It's too thick.
    11-18-16 09:02 PM
    No. It's too thick.
    My mistake
    11-19-16 02:16 AM
    I always use StilGut cases for my phones. Excellent protection and they look good. I'm always dropping my phones! Cases for the Dtek50 are available currently. I've contacted StilGut and Dtek60 cases are in production and should be available to buy soon. As soon as they are I be purchasing a Dtek60.

I hope that helps
    11-21-16 10:56 AM
    Just got my Incipio Dualpro case and wow what can I say, exactly what I was hoping and looking for. Not bulky at all and adds the right amount of protection. I highly recommend this case and it's far better than the BlackBerry flip case that came with my phone. If you're debating getting this case cause you think it may be too bulky, trust me it's not at all. Get it!
    Last edited by SiR_JDM; 11-21-16 at 01:58 PM.
    Roadie29 and LuvULongTime like this.
    11-21-16 01:48 PM
182 1234 ...