The Priv has a feature that I think is called Fine Cursor Control. To use it, while in a typing field, if you double tap on the physical keyboard, a cursor appears on screen that can then be moved around by using the physical keyboard as a trackpad. In addition, while in this mode, arrow buttons appear onscreen just above the virtual keyboard that you can also tap to move the cursor around (this feature is extremely helpful). Do you know if there's a way on the DTek50 or DTek 60 to get into this mode since there's no pk to double tap? To me the arrows is a must have feature on the vkb to make the BB keyboard more complete.

In the BB Keyboard App advertisement, they refer to Fine Cursor Control in one of the feature bullets, I am hoping that they are referring to the little arrows that show up over the keyboard. Anyone know...?

Thank you
    11-17-16 10:30 AM
    I think they are just referring to when you tap once in the text field to bring up the cursor, you can then slide it back and forth with fine control letter by letter.
    11-17-16 01:16 PM
    It it appears on the screen, it should be that way for the DTEK60 as well since that has nothing to do with the physical keyboard.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-17-16 01:51 PM
    you're saying slide it back and forth with your finger letter by letter, right?
    11-17-16 01:55 PM
    Yes, the cursor shows up with a green tear shaped blob below the line. You move it by touching it and sliding it back and forth.
    11-17-16 01:58 PM
    It it appears on the screen, it should be that way for the DTEK60 as well since that has nothing to do with the physical keyboard.

The only way the arrows appear onscreen with the Priv is by double tapping the pkb. I haven't found any other way to get the arrow buttons to appear. The question is, Is there a way on the DTek phones, or in the standalone keyboard app, that you can get the arrows to appear, otherwise it would seem that this feature is not available.
    11-17-16 02:02 PM
    Yes, the cursor shows up with a green tear shaped blob below the line. You move it by touching it and sliding it back and forth.
    Thanks for your responses......
    Dragging with your finger may be the only option available, however I don't find it to be as convenient and easy to control, as the cursor controls that you get with the virtual arrow buttons found on the BB virtual keyboard on the Priv.
    11-17-16 02:08 PM
    The only way the arrows appear onscreen with the Priv is by double tapping the pkb. I haven't found any other way to get the arrow buttons to appear. The question is, Is there a way on the DTek phones, or in the standalone keyboard app, that you can get the arrows to appear, otherwise it would seem that this feature is not available.
    Ah ok, I see what you mean. I thought you were saying it come up whenever you manipulate the cursor.

11-17-16 02:32 PM
    Maybe they can add this as a feature for all phones in a future update.

If you participate in their beta zone you should put this in as a suggestion.

11-17-16 02:33 PM