01-15-18 06:41 AM
78 ... 234
tools
    I do not bill any thing. I have spent many hours sending my DTEK60 in for repair with no success. I no longer have a choice. Consumers have to register a complaint before the legal limitation period runs out.

If your new $700 washing machine broke down and the manufacturer refused to honour the warranty, would you simply lie down and accept there's nothing you can do?

If you purchase an automobile that was a lemon, and lost hundred of dollars, would you simply accept the loss?

If you purchased a laptop for $700 and it stopped functioning, and the manufacturer refused to honour the warranty, would you simply shrug your shoulders and accept the loss?

It took a a lot of time and frustration in repeatedly sending in my device under warranty, and receiving lies in return.

It takes much less time in comparison to write a Demand Letter, and then file a claim in Small Claims Court.
    I just meant as value of your time. If this makes you feel better, great. My questions at this point were from curiosity. When's the next action?
    01-12-18 07:04 AM
    Ok guys. Holy smokes. This whole battery store is beside the point, but here:

https://www.batterycanada.com/tlp030f1.asp

$31 USD. $39 CDN.

1 year warranty.

I was only trying to suggest that batteries are cheap, and it's not worth getting one's knickers in a twist and wasting months of time and energy.

Lawsuits are based on actual damages incurred. A $31 battery and a $25 charge to have it slapped in does not seem the basis for a viable/wise suit.
    Conite,

Do you have a reputable shop in the US with legitimate battery supply to order from? I don't want to take a chance with eBay.

Thanks.
    01-15-18 02:11 AM
    Conite,

Do you have a reputable shop in the US with legitimate battery supply to order from? I don't want to take a chance with eBay.

Thanks.
    Just take the model number from my Canadian link and ask your local shop if they can get it through their own channels.

Or, just buy it from Canada.
    01-15-18 06:41 AM
78 ... 234