I have a dtek60 since december 2016. The battery last 3 hours and i tryed to find a tech suport in Spain... It is an impossible mission. They dont have any phone to call, any email to contact... I can understand why this brand is close to the end. How is this possible ? How is possible is not a way to get a support? How is possible a device has this problem with 1 year?
    12-31-17 05:44 AM
    I have a dtek60 since december 2016. The battery last 3 hours and i tryed to find a tech suport in Spain... It is an impossible mission. They dont have any phone to call, any email to contact... I can understand why this brand is close to the end. How is this possible ? How is possible is not a way to get a support? How is possible a device has this problem with 1 year?
    What software version and carrier? What apps do you typically use? How many accounts are you linked to for email and other things?
    12-31-17 07:12 AM
    Any phone shop can replace the battery. It's a simple process.
    12-31-17 08:13 AM
    I have use the same normal apps as before: whatpp, telegram,signal... No facebook or similar. I would like to change the battery, but also a tech support from bb or an official distributor. At this point just a simple support , email or phone to call... Anyway, i think 1 year is short time to have this problem. Also i noticed i am not the only one who bough in december 2016. Probably the product is bad. Is possible to have an official support in Spain?
    12-31-17 08:19 AM
    Thanks. Normall message apps and 4 email account. The device was working well, until december.
    12-31-17 08:20 AM
    Andrid 6.0.1 kernel 3.18.20,
    12-31-17 08:26 AM
    Any phone shop can replace the battery. It's a simple process.
    No, that is false. Phone repair shops here in Montreal, Canada, are now refusing to repair the DTEK60 and the Alcatel Idol 4S because they are defective.

The Alcatel Repair Centre should be doing the repairs for phones under warranty, but they do not.

I have sent mine in TWICE to the Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada), and they do nothing to honour the warranty.

I sent my Dtek60 in to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre the first time in October. The held it for 3 weeks, and they claimed they did a "Software upgrade", which was a LIE since the Android version remained 6.0.1. They didn't even bother to load the latest monthly patch.

I sent it in again in November, they kept it for 4 weeks, and again did nothing.

The Better Business Bureau has given them an "F" for Fail since they do nothing to honour warranties.

I am now filing a law suit.
    Qorax and Theo Groenevelt like this.
    12-31-17 08:27 AM
    I am in Canada and have had similar problems. I sent my DTEK60 in TWICE to the Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada), and they did nothing to honour the warranty.

I sent my Dtek60 in to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre the first time in October. The held it for 3 weeks, and they claimed they did a "Software upgrade", which was a LIE since the Android version remained 6.0.1. They didn't even bother to load the latest monthly patch.

I sent it in again in November, they kept it for 4 weeks, and again did nothing.

The Better Business Bureau has given them an "F" for Fail since they do nothing to honour warranties.
    12-31-17 08:28 AM
    Thanks. Normall message apps and 4 email account. The device was working well, until december.
    Any changes with the servers for your email? I know my work account drained my Q10 battery quickly when there were issues with the server.
    12-31-17 08:30 AM
    No, that is false. Phone repair shops here in Montreal, Canada, are now refusing to repair the DTEK60 and the Alcatel Idol 4S because they are defective.

The Alcatel Repair Centre should be doing the repairs for phones under warranty, but they do not.

I have sent mine in TWICE to the Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada), and they do nothing to honour the warranty.

I am now filing a law suit.
    So did you try only Alcatel or a generic phone shop as well?
    12-31-17 08:31 AM
    So did you try only Alcatel or a generic phone shop as well?
    I have tried both. Neither an independent repair shop nor the authorized Alcatel Repair Centre, SBE Canada, will repair the phone.
    12-31-17 08:34 AM
    No, that is false.
    Just buy the battery online for a few bucks, and bring it to any phone shop. Takes just a few minutes.

It's not rocket science. You could do it yourself if you had the tools.
    12-31-17 08:35 AM
    I have tried both. Neither an independent repair shop nor the authorized Alcatel Repair Centre, SBE Canada, will repair the phone.
    Might be able to do it yourself if there is a good YouTube video out there.
    12-31-17 08:36 AM
    Just buy the battery online for a few bucks, and bring it to any phone shop. Takes just a few minutes.

I did just that. The repair shop refused to change the battery since they said the problem is not simply the battery. The Idol 4S and DTEK60 are defective. They refuse to repair either model, even if you bring them a battery. They also warned me that any attempt to open the sealed phone and do a home repair may damage the electronics and / or the motherboard.
    12-31-17 08:38 AM
    I did just that. The repair shop refused to change the battery since they said the problem is not simply the battery. The Idol 4S and DTEK60 are defective. They refuse to repair either model, even if you bring them a battery. They also warned me that any attempt to open the sealed phone and do a home repair may damage the electronics and / or the motherboard.
    Come on. Lots of phone shops will just do what you ask them to do. You're not asking for a warranty. Lots here in Ottawa that would be happy to oblige.
    12-31-17 08:39 AM

^^^^^^This---and I can recommend a Ubreakifix outlet near you. If you get the battery they will put it in for you.
    12-31-17 08:50 AM
    Come on. Lots of phone shops will just do what you ask them to do. You're not asking for a warranty. Lots here in Ottawa that would be happy to oblige.
    Why on Earth should I have to buy a battery myself and seek out an independent repair outlet if my phone is under warranty???

The manufacturer is supposed to honour their own warranty and repair the device.

That's what a warranty is for!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-31-17 06:32 PM
    Why on Earth should I have to buy a battery myself and seek out an independent repair outlet if my phone is under warranty???

The manufacturer is supposed to honour their own warranty and repair the device.

That's what a warranty is for!
    That's a different thing altogether.

But how much in time and effort have you spent already? A $25 battery, and $25 for a guy to slap it in and the whole thing could have been done in 10 minutes, 3 months ago.

I don't know what your time is worth, but mine is more than that.
    Theo Groenevelt likes this.
    12-31-17 06:34 PM
    ....Is possible to have an official support in Spain?......
    Take a deep breath and let this experience with BB/BBMo/TCL teach you that next time you are going to spend money on a phone, do so with a company that treats you better.

The guiding principle is this: Always give your money to those who treat you best, always.
    HughJarsse and anon(9803228) like this.
    01-01-18 01:06 AM
    Take a deep breath and let this experience with BB/BBMo/TCL teach you that next time you are going to spend money on a phone, do so with a company that treats you better.

The guiding principle is this: Always give your money to those who treat you best, always.
    Amen to that. BB/BBMo/TCL sucks.
    01-01-18 06:00 PM

It does seem like the current batch of millennials just want to be caressed, "respected", and "appreciated" by everyone - including the makers of their electronics.

I just want a product that suits my particular needs. If I have to pay $25 for a battery after a year, I'll manage.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion aren't for everyone, and there is nothing wrong with that. Plenty of great products out there.
    Last edited by conite; 01-01-18 at 08:43 PM.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    01-01-18 08:31 PM
    It does seem like the current batch of millennials just want to be caressed, "respected", and "appreciated" by everyone - including the makers of their electronics.

I just want a product that suits my particular needs. If I have to pay $25 for a battery after a year, I'll manage.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion aren't for everyone, and there is nothing wrong with that. Plenty of great products out there.
    Mention the costs of the battery replacement a few more times and it will be down to $10 for a non-counterfeit battery and kitchen drawer tools.

I am way too old to be a millennial, and don't diss them anyway. In our ponzi-scheme economy, Gen X/Y is supposed to buy out retiring baby boomer's inflated assets, and then Millennials will be buying same from Gen-X/Y. Don't break their willingness to take on huge debt to fulfill their end of the social contract.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    01-01-18 09:02 PM
    Mention the costs of the battery replacement a few more times and it will be down to $10 for a non-counterfeit battery and kitchen drawer tools.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Replaceme...-/263192505186
    01-01-18 09:08 PM
    That's straight up click-bait. I though you had a $10 cell for me. Being a 2015 battery, I recommend that no-one buy it.
    01-01-18 09:25 PM
    Being a 2015 battery, I recommend that no-one buy it.
    If it's been stored even moderately well, it would be absolutely fine.

Lithium loses 6% charge every year at 32 deg F.
    Last edited by conite; 01-01-18 at 09:40 PM.
    01-01-18 09:30 PM
78 123 ...