08-10-17 04:19 PM
61 123
tools
    I've done the reset as well, twice, and it did not help. I also tried your advice a couple of days ago , and it did not help.
    03-30-17 10:10 AM
    I never have these issues with my Z30. Now with my DTEK60 (only have it for 2 days) , power drain very quick and my main issue is it heating up badly. So I decided to update the firmware with hope something will happen better. Really disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 12:57 AM
    Wow, after updated the firmware for the last 20 minutes its just very lightly (almost none) heating up, I had been in game and online constantly and only use 4% of power which compare to before that totally different. Hopefully it stays like that...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 01:33 AM
    Its half an hour not 20 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 01:34 AM
    I never have these issues with my Z30. Now with my DTEK60 (only have it for 2 days) , power drain very quick and my main issue is it heating up badly. So I decided to update the firmware with hope something will happen better. Really disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    Are you using the rapid charger to charge your device?

I do, so am wondering if I should use the default plug that came with phone. It charges a little slower.
    04-07-17 06:17 AM
    I'm glad it's not just me. I understand this is a premium designed phone built by a low quality manufacturer, but the battery life is inexcusable. I sent mine back, and it came back with a slightly better battery, but quickly got back down to 4-5 hours.

People have all these battery drain solutions, but none of them were things I had to do with my PRIV. This phone is legitimately trash.
    04-07-17 06:03 PM
    I'm glad it's not just me. I understand this is a premium designed phone built by a low quality manufacturer, but the battery life is inexcusable. I sent mine back, and it came back with a slightly better battery, but quickly got back down to 4-5 hours.

People have all these battery drain solutions, but none of them were things I had to do with my PRIV. This phone is legitimately trash.
    Post your battery profile as a screenshot so we can see what is draining the battery. With Android, sometimes you have to put in a little effort since it allows you to install apps that don't behave properly.
    04-07-17 06:12 PM
    I know exactly how to work android. I'd go through the rigamarole again, but it proves pointless. If the phone sits untouched with nothing installed, just on the home screen in airplane mode, it dies in 14 hours.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    04-08-17 09:50 AM
    Hi guys I was browsing through this forum as I too had noticed that my battery life was less than stellar as of lately.
    As one poster mentioned I cleared the cache.
    Also I think more importantly I went into play store and noticed I had a huge amount of apps that needed updating. I deleted / uninstalled the apps that I didn't use much and updated the rest followed by another clearing of the cache and then performed a hard button restart.
    I am happy to report my DTek60 battery life is functioning normally as it was before..
    venious likes this.
    04-10-17 02:00 PM
    P.S,
    I think it was the various google apps that needed the most updating. They all seem to need to work harmoniously together. Meaning you can't have a few updated and a few not ... may be the reason for the power drain. One is basically fighting another .. Prolly so that Google is better able to spy on you...lol
    This may be a draw back to not having your apps Auto update.
    However I think it's good practise and will continue to have this feature turned off.
    04-10-17 10:28 PM
    It's now 10:30pm and I took the phone off the charger at 6am this morning.. I still have 43% battery...
    Before I did what I did the battery would be at 50% by 3pm needing a lick at the charger...
    04-10-17 10:33 PM
    It's now 10:30pm and I took the phone off the charger at 6am this morning.. I still have 43% battery...
    Before I did what I did the battery would be at 50% by 3pm needing a lick at the charger...
    Wish my answer was that simple. My battery has been terrible lately. Hopefully it was the March update.

We will see if the April update helps.

I clear cache and check for app updates on a daily basis. In addition to the hard resets I do every couple of days.
    04-11-17 06:36 PM
    Seems my phone not going into sleep mode (and consuming battery) is caused by Bluetooth being off. I have had this problem for about a month, and I have been trying to track down why the phone is not going into deep sleep. When I first got it in February, it would go into deep sleep and only use about 2%-3% battery overnight. For the last while when I put in airplane mode, if left overnight, the phone is awake the whole time and sometimes uses as much as 10% battery. I have tried removing some apps, but nothing has worked. I noticed the only time it would go into deep sleep was when I powered it off, then turned it back on, and didn't use it. I tried leaving it on airplane mode with the cell and WiFi off, but the Bluetooth turned on. It now goes into sleep mode without any trouble.

Perhaps this has something to do with the recent fix when you turn airplane mode off, the Bluetooth doesn't turn back on with the cell and WiFi radios, I'm not sure. So I'm going to leave the Bluetooth on for the next few days and see how it behaves.
    04-12-17 04:08 PM
    Just finding am not alone. I hope I didn't make a mistake buying another DTEK60.

Bought mine in October, but with it getting slower and using 10% for each hour SoT I bought iPhone 6S+. Also to get back into Android the Huawei mate 9 which sips battery w/o extra tweaking.

I was preparing to jump to Samsung S8+ only the DTEK60​ is really perfect size, weight.

I left the phone on a table fully charged for a few days and came back to find battery at 0%. Started using Gsam Battery pro and the temp was always above 40°C which was ~10° bigger than my other phones.
    And last day I used it, battery went down 30% in an hour while reading threads was all. And 44° - began to worry. And decided no more, not safe.

I believe in staying updated. In not tweaking but I don't need and therefore turned off NFC and BT. Should work as is out of the box.

I was sold on the regular updates. Still waiting. Was fed up with Samsung. Too pet-peeved to like iOS ( but timely updates).

I had a Samsung S7 that overheated on its 4th day. Working 10 hrs day updates, configuring and system settling in.

Apple had some problems with some air contaminated batteries during production of it's 6S+. And I ended with factory refurbished unit. Also iOS 10 handled it better than 9.x version.

I don't trust Anker multiport chargers. Also, I have and tried using Apple USB-C charger from MacBook, their iPad mini 4, even the super quick USB-C from the Huawei. And swapping cables to see if all of them worked or interchangeable.

Why but because I couldn't find a source on Amazon for extra unit. And a lot of stuff being sold out there does not .Set manufacturer standards. To point Apple and others want them pulled, tested and certified.

Battery performance seems like a huge Achilles​ heel on Android. Which drove me to Apple (no, not perfect for everyone but small exception) and Huawei.
    Last edited by Gayle Lynn; 04-13-17 at 03:16 PM.
    04-13-17 02:46 PM
    After further testing for a day, it seems my problem with the phone not sleeping is indeed somehow tied to the Bluetooth function. It always seems to follow if I turn Bluetooth off, the phone won't sleep, but with it on, it sleeps just fine and preserves the battery life. This seems counter intuitive as I would have thought with Bluetooth off, it wouldn't be searching for a Bluetooth device and as such would go into deep sleep, and with it on, it it would be searching and as such not go into sleep mode....
    04-13-17 02:55 PM
    After further testing for a day, it seems my problem with the phone not sleeping is indeed somehow tied to the Bluetooth function. It always seems to follow if I turn Bluetooth off, the phone won't sleep, but with it on, it sleeps just fine and preserves the battery life. This seems counter intuitive as I would have thought with Bluetooth off, it wouldn't be searching for a Bluetooth device and as such would go into deep sleep, and with it on, it it would be searching and as such not go into sleep mode....
    Weird. My Bluetooth is never off and mine never goes into Dose either. Just can't figure this one out.

I might have to bite the bullet and factory reset and start from fresh.
    04-13-17 05:36 PM

I might have to bite the bullet and factory reset and start from fresh.
    That was my next step, but I'm going to keep testing the Bluetooth switch over the next few days.
    04-13-17 05:51 PM
    Do you use WhatsApp? If you do restrict app background data for both mobile and WiFi.
    04-13-17 06:59 PM
    Do you use WhatsApp? If you do restrict app background data for both mobile and WiFi.
    No WhatsApp for me.
    04-13-17 07:24 PM
    Just a question. How is everyone's WiFi?

Meaning based on GSam my WiFi always drains around 11-15% daily. That is when I am always connected to WiFi or when I am not.

I never turn my WiFi off, it is always on.
    04-13-17 07:29 PM
    Will it still receive texts/phone calls if I do that?
    04-13-17 08:18 PM
    I've found WhatsApp if working in the background, will save about 20% of my DTEK60 battery.
    04-19-17 05:25 PM
    Will it still receive texts/phone calls if I do that?
    Yes. You will receive a notification.
    04-19-17 05:28 PM
    I have exactly the same issue. As soon as I put it into airplane mode the phone wakes up and stays awake draining battery by 15% overnight it used to be 5%.
    07-12-17 05:29 AM
    I have exactly the same issue. As soon as I put it into airplane mode the phone wakes up and stays awake draining battery by 15% overnight it used to be 5%.
    Its a driver error in BugBerry software, when you turn on bluetooth and then turn off it, u may see the Android OS in battery log, with wackelock detector u can see that its WCNSS_Filter driver, that always wake up your phone. BB dont want to solve it, sad
    07-12-17 05:40 AM
61 123