I have liked the battery life on this phone until the weekend.

A few days ago whilst travelling my battery went down to 2% before phone switched off. On the road this has happened twice due to not checking phone.

Since then I don't get very good battery life. If I leave the phone at 50% at bedtime by morning it's dead. Last night I left it at around 60% and when I checked this morning it is 22% overnight, that's with battery saver on.

Contrast this with last week where I could leave the phone at 70% and it would be 65% by morning without battery saver mode.
    Gayle Lynn and raysim like this.
    03-02-17 03:33 AM
    Has anything changed recently, such as app and/or system updates or changed a setting, changed carriers perhaps? What app or apps does your battery monitor show using the most?
    03-02-17 04:28 AM
    Strange that you just posted this as I had the same thing happen to me for the first time last night. When I'm at home I usually put the phone in airplane mode and I did this last night with about 30% battery left. By morning phone was off and battery was flat. This is the first time this has happened and I've been using it for about two months now without any trouble. I haven't added any new apps or made any changes to the phone, so I'll keep an eye on it over the next while.

I wonder if there is an issue like with the recent iPhone problem where the phone would drain very fast from around 30% and just shut off, it's like the battery calibration is off or something.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    03-03-17 08:34 AM
    Strange that you just posted this as I had the same thing happen to me for the first time last night. When I'm at home I usually put the phone in airplane mode and I did this last night with about 30% battery left. By morning phone was off and battery was flat. This is the first time this has happened and I've been using it for about two months now without any trouble. I haven't added any new apps or made any changes to the phone, so I'll keep an eye on it over the next while.

I wonder if there is an issue like with the recent iPhone problem where the phone would drain very fast from around 30% and just shut off, it's like the battery calibration is off or something.
    Same here. My usage has not changed in recent weeks. Other than adding my card to Android pay which uses nfc it's just Android updating apps.

I know generally you shouldn't let batteries run dead so am wondering if that is what has impacted this sudden drop overnight.
    CDN_Brat likes this.
    03-06-17 04:03 AM
    Has anything changed recently, such as app and/or system updates or changed a setting, changed carriers perhaps? What app or apps does your battery monitor show using the most?
    My usage doesn't show anything our of the ordinary. I have started using Android Pay so will keep an eye of NFC is the culprit.

It's just been Android updating apps in background for the most part.
    03-06-17 04:10 AM
    My usage doesn't show anything our of the ordinary. I have started using Android Pay so will keep an eye of NFC is the culprit.

It's just been Android updating apps in background for the most part.
    I recommend shutting off automatic updates, partially for that reason, but also just in case there's a problem with the update. Leaving NFC on puts a little strain on battery life but I don't think it would be draining it that fast unless it was constantly trying to connect, such as with a dock.
    03-06-17 09:58 AM
    Same for me as well, right out of the blue. If I don't keep it on the charger all day, it's done within an hour.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    03-06-17 03:22 PM
    Just a thought...any of you guys use a power bank to charge your phones?
    03-09-17 03:23 PM
    No, not me. Having said that, the issue has only happened once and hasn't returned.
    03-09-17 03:27 PM
    It is happen to me...show 10109 in battery. Please help

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 11:40 PM
    No I only charge from the power outlet in the wall.

I am someone who has realistic expectations regarding battery.

I was particularly impressed with overnight. I was waking up in the morning with only 3% gone all night. Now it's like 40%.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery problems-screenshot_20170312-090930.jpg  
    Last edited by Pool5; 03-12-17 at 10:55 AM.
    03-12-17 10:05 AM
    Do you mean the multi charge points? If so i do. Leave at it over night with a couple of nexus 7's and the wife's Moto Grand all plugged in and my battery is almost as good as my leap.
    03-12-17 10:07 AM
    My screen is using 28%, anyway to change this.

Thanks in advance,

George.
    03-15-17 07:58 PM
    I charge it from within my car or from wall.

I am going to give this as a gift to a family member. This is not a phone I can count on right now. Battery losing 50% overnight isn't good enough.
    03-21-17 06:54 AM
    Bluetooth seems to be a huge drain. Try to leave off at night. Worked well for me.
    03-21-17 01:24 PM
    The battery drain is too fast since yesterday.

And there's is no other apps battery usage information.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery problems-2989.jpg  
    03-21-17 06:47 PM
    Bluetooth seems to be a huge drain. Try to leave off at night. Worked well for me.
    My Bluetooth is always off.

What about location?
    03-21-17 07:10 PM
    My Bluetooth is always off.

What about location? I notice Google searches sometimes turn it on. Would that make a huge difference you think...
    03-21-17 07:12 PM
    Never touch location. Find its typically on.
    03-21-17 08:52 PM
    I noticed a couple of nights ago I was loosing about 20% when I left the phone in airplane mode overnight. It seems to be happening sporadically, so I did a couple of things that seemed to have helped somewhat. I cleared the cache by going to "settings->storage & USB-> cached data" and selected cached data and selected OK to clear it. I then held the power button for about 10 seconds until the phone restarted. I'm not entirely sure what this does by holding the power button for that long, but when the phone restarted it needed to reset the date and time and several other things as well. Last night with the phone in airplane mode I only lost around 3%, so so far so good
    03-26-17 11:07 AM
    idol4 might have problem with battery (based on the web search, there are few noted battery drain and life). Look like either the battery itself got some dificiency or power manager chip was not sufficiently control it properly - e,g, how to manager low signal event... here is the help recommended for idol4 (assume dtek 60 just rebrand, not much different in the PM line): https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/pu...e-Touch-Idol-4
    03-26-17 04:49 PM
    I noticed a couple of nights ago I was loosing about 20% when I left the phone in airplane mode overnight. It seems to be happening sporadically, so I did a couple of things that seemed to have helped somewhat. I cleared the cache by going to "settings->storage & USB-> cached data" and selected cached data and selected OK to clear it. I then held the power button for about 10 seconds until the phone restarted. I'm not entirely sure what this does by holding the power button for that long, but when the phone restarted it needed to reset the date and time and several other things as well. Last night with the phone in airplane mode I only lost around 3%, so so far so good
    Did you reset your phone? Was your data still on the device after reboot?

I was gonna ask if factory resetting helped anyone with a battery issue.
    03-26-17 06:32 PM
    Did you reset your phone? Was your data still on the device after reboot?

I was gonna ask if factory resetting helped anyone with a battery issue.
    No I did not do a factory reset, just held the power button to do (I assume) a soft reset. I also cleared all recent apps (the ones you see when you hit the lower right square on the screen) since I haven't ever done that, and there were quite a few in memory!
    03-26-17 07:26 PM
    Purchased DTEK60 through Kijiji. Perhaps that wasn't wise. The battery is so unreliable. I have to charge almost constantly. It's giving me five hours at the most from 100-0. I love the phone, but hate the battery. Is it possible that this battery is faulty? How would one get it replaced?
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    03-30-17 08:59 AM
    After trying several things (see my post above), I'm now loosing about 20% overnight even on airplane mode. Looking at cpuspy, it seems the phone is not going into deep sleep and staying awake 97% of the time overnight. I might have to do a factory reset and hopefully that will solve it. Strange thing is I haven't installed any new apps or made any changes to the phone lately.
    03-30-17 09:04 AM
61 123