11-17-17 10:19 AM
85 1234
tools
    3:20 am the email finally came. boxed it up and took to FedEx. Should be in Texas by Monday afternoon.
    10-06-17 12:35 PM
    @moonflyer. I got the RMA email during the night. When I woke up I saw it came at 3:20am. I have already boxed up the phone and shipped it by FEDEX to the repair facility in Richardson, Texas.
    10-06-17 10:36 PM
    I am still waiting on the RMA email. The csr is checking to see why it has not been sent out. Yes, I have checked the spam folder and it is not there. BlackBerry a software company and needs a week or more to generate an RMA label EMAIL.
    You should have had your label within 15 hours by email.
    10-07-17 08:24 PM
    My DTEK60 battery drained after two hours. Phone shut down at 15% charge. After numerous emails and phone calls, I finally got my Fedex label by email. Sent it in to the Canadian BlackBerry Repair Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. Still waiting for it to be returned. I suspect they are getting inundated with DTEK60's with defective batteries.
    10-07-17 08:27 PM
    I know I should have gotten the email within a short time period of the decision to RMA the phone. But the reality was that it indeed took nearly a full week for it to arrive. I corresponded with the CSR and she could not explain what happened. I did voice my concern in my emails back to her that many are having problems with the DTEK 60 and I am also concerned that the replacement battery could have the same quality of all of these batteries. I am concerned that they replace the battery with one of equal quality and in 9 to 10 months from now all of us will be facing the same problem all over again. At that time our phones will be beyond the warranty period.
    10-07-17 09:25 PM
    I know I should have gotten the email within a short time period of the decision to RMA the phone. But the reality was that it indeed took nearly a full week for it to arrive. I corresponded with the CSR and she could not explain what happened. I did voice my concern in my emails back to her that many are having problems with the DTEK 60 and I am also concerned that the replacement battery could have the same quality of all of these batteries. I am concerned that they replace the battery with one of equal quality and in 9 to 10 months from now all of us will be facing the same problem all over again. At that time our phones will be beyond the warranty period.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. I am concerned they are replacing the original defective batteries with new(er) defective batteries. You are right that in 10 months the batteries may all fail once again.

Blackberry / TCL is marketing the new "Motion" with a 4,000 mAh battery. It will mean nothing if these new batteries fail as well.

Manufacturers should focus on the quality and durability, and forget about the race for the "biggest" battery.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-10-17 02:20 PM
    @tonythecanuck, I agree. I am leaning towards selling the DTEK 60 once it comes back and cut my losses now. Since TCL aka BlackBerry Mobile agreed to take over for the DTEK phones and they have issued nothing concerning future updates, I won't buy another BlackBerry label phone until we get a better track record going forward. Don't understand why they agreed to take responsibility from the old BB if they were not going to do anything positive for these phones.

If my choices are getting mid level phones, then I might as well search and pay mid level prices purchasing something from another company. If there is not at least one software update then I might as well purchase some off brand phone for only a couple hundred or so and then purchase again in 18 to 24 months.
    10-10-17 02:43 PM
    I really have had enough now, I've been with blackberry 9 years but this is the final straw. I bought a DTEK60 10 months ago, all was fine until about 6 weeks ago when my battery just started draining really quick. I take it off charge at 0730 and it's dead just after lunch. The status bar will show 30% then suddenly it jumps to 0% and shuts down. I've tried factory reset and getting rid of suspected rogue apps but nothing has worked. I've even noticed the battery draining from 70% while on charge! I really think this is it unless I can sort it. The probable nail in the coffin for me was finding out they don't intend on updating android on the DTEK devices as it was a trial reference device from TCL?! So £530 down the drain. Seriously considering switching to oneplus now. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to get in touch, thanks
    Once again it sounds like a classic battery calibration issue. I helped a fellow crackberrian just about 2 week's ago who again had a problem with wildly fluctuating battery numbers, so here goes one more time...

Let the phone run down to 0..ie the phone shuts itself off. Charge it backup too 100%. Unplug charger. If the phone doesn't charge to 100% then while its ON plug the charger back in and charge to 100%. Unplug charger and let it discharge again to 0 (phone shutting off).

Keep repeating this process 2-3x (3 would be better). By the third time the battery should be calibrated properly and running normally.
    10-10-17 03:08 PM
    No, mine actually failed. I did that before (also) doing a factory reset.

One of the ways to know the difference is that a capacity-limited battery usually fails high-resistance. That is, it says it has 40% remaining (for example) but if you try to hit it with a high-drain environment (e.g. run Google Maps where the GPS and screen are both locked on) the voltage collapses and the phone shuts down. When you plug it in it says it has 43% or something similar!

The other way Lithium batteries fail is with an internal short; in that case you'll lose power even with the phone off. If you charge it to 100%, turn it off for a few hours and suddenly half the power capacity is gone you have an internal short in the cell.

I had the high-resistance failure; BlackBerry replaced the battery and all is back to normal.
    10-11-17 08:17 AM
    @tonythecanuck, I agree. ... I won't buy another BlackBerry label phone until we get a better track record going forward. ...
    That's what I got on my mind as well now. This is not a BBry anymore, only the software part.

I have an idea for the original BBry - how about they start selling their "BlackBerry Secure" special Android as a migration option for other devices? Given that the quality is at the OS10 level, I would have tried that.
    10-15-17 03:56 PM
    Once again it sounds like a classic battery calibration issue. I helped a fellow crackberrian just about 2 week's ago who again had a problem with wildly fluctuating battery numbers, so here goes one more time...

Let the phone run down to 0..ie the phone shuts itself off. Charge it backup too 100%. Unplug charger. If the phone doesn't charge to 100% then while its ON plug the charger back in and charge to 100%. Unplug charger and let it discharge again to 0 (phone shutting off).

Keep repeating this process 2-3x (3 would be better). By the third time the battery should be calibrated properly and running normally.
    I tried all this three times, and it didn't work. Battery still drained within two hours. Phone shut down at 15% charge.

After many emails and phone calls, I sent my DTEK60 to the BlackBerry /Alcatel repair centre here in Canada.

It is over two weeks and no response yet.
    10-20-17 07:56 PM
    I tried all this three times, and it didn't work. Battery still drained within two hours. Phone shut down at 15% charge.

After many emails and phone calls, I sent my DTEK60 to the BlackBerry /Alcatel repair centre here in Canada.

Same here except, they are sending me a new phone first then I'll send this one back. Here's hoping they have no more Dtek60's and they send out Keyone's.
    10-20-17 10:13 PM
    I experience very slow email response once mine was sent in. Prior to mailing the CSR was excellent. Then it became more form letter emails. Battery is performing great on the replacement phone. Wishing you success dealing with them.
    10-20-17 10:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad battery. Good luck with the repairs.
    10-21-17 06:34 AM
    I experience very slow email response once mine was sent in. Prior to mailing the CSR was excellent. Then it became more form letter emails. Battery is performing great on the replacement phone. Wishing you success dealing with them.
    How long did it take for you to get repaired phone back? Wife's 60 also sent to Richardson location.
    10-21-17 07:17 AM
    Arrived in Texas on Monday and arrived back my house on Friday as a replacement. I had posted previously how their emails said it was going to be a global version that they were sending me and I wrote back I wanted the BBA100-1 model just like I sent in. I posted the email from them in earlier post. The phone that came back was the BBA100-1 just as I had sent with different IEMI #. While the phone was in Texas their email reponse seem to take 12-24 hours before receiving any feedback. Since having the phone back, the battery has been great. Even better than when the original phone was brand new. With on and off usage I can get 12 hours and with less use it is showing potential 2 day use.
    10-21-17 08:11 AM
    Drops 10% every half hour just from sending and receiving a few text messages. I'm tired of this. My priv is even worse. It reboots itself, sometimes getting stuck in a loop and every reboot takes like 30% of the battery. If I send it in for a battery replacement, I have an even less reliable phone for a backup. I'm going to get an LG V30 unless this upcoming "high end consumer device" is better. Just typing this post on my DTEK60 took 7%.
    Last edited by Micromono; 10-22-17 at 09:42 AM.
    10-22-17 09:32 AM
    Drops 10% every half hour just from sending and receiving a few text messages. I'm tired of this. My priv is even worse. It reboots itself, sometimes getting stuck in a loop and every reboot takes like 30% of the battery. If I send it in for a battery replacement, I have an even less reliable phone for a backup. I'm going to get an LG V30 unless this upcoming "high end consumer device" is better. Just typing this post on my DTEK60 took 7%.
    I had the same problem; DTEK60 drained within two hours on full charge. Device also shut down at 15% charge.

Sent DTEK60 to Alcatel Repair Centre here in Canada. Been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a response ....
    10-22-17 10:03 AM
    I had the same problem; DTEK60 drained within two hours on full charge. Device also shut down at 15% charge.

Sent DTEK60 to Alcatel Repair Centre here in Canada. Been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a response ....
    I can't wait that long without having a reliable device as a backup. I'm going to probably buy a new device before my warranty expires then send it in. Either that or I'll wash my hands of it and sell it. Phones should be built to last more than a year. This is absurd.
    10-22-17 11:27 AM
    I can't wait that long without having a reliable device as a backup. I'm going to probably buy a new device before my warranty expires then send it in. Either that or I'll wash my hands of it and sell it. Phones should be built to last more than a year. This is absurd.
    I agree. Luckily I still have my two year old BlackBerry PRIV which still keeps its charge all day and runs perfectly. Also still have my BlackBerry Passport SE and Z30 0S10 which also work perfectly.

Still waiting for my DTEK60 to be returned....
    10-22-17 11:39 AM
    This didn't happen until I got the September update (in October). Before that I'd have at least 65-70% left at the end of my work day.
    10-22-17 11:40 AM
    Before sending in the device it's a real good idea (simply because you don't want to be without it!) to make sure it's not an app or bad calibration causing the problem.

This CAN be isolated without too much trouble, but most people don't. Oh, and a good percentage of the time there's nothing wrong with the phone.

An app that is spinlocking on the CPU can trivially drain 50% of the power in the battery in a couple of hours, and one that is wakelocking the phone will absolutely prevent you from getting anywhere near a full day out of a charge. Neither is the device's fault. Then there are those apps that malfunction in other "interesting" ways, such as the "Piktures" update recently that continually reindexed your SD card, charging a large percentage of the battery power to system services (but in fact it was the app doing it.)
    10-22-17 03:04 PM
    I had the same battery issue happening, sent the phone in and got it back within a week. Not sure what they did. It is now my back up since I bought the Keyone.
    10-24-17 02:04 PM
    I had the same battery issue happening, sent the phone in and got it back within a week. Not sure what they did. It is now my back up since I bought the Keyone.
    How is the performance of the Keyone compared to the battery? I know it has a better battery life.
    10-24-17 05:59 PM
    Night and day. The Keyone (Black Edition) battery is at 50-60% at the end of the day after heavy use (no games). The Dtek was dying by 2:00PM That being said, my Dtek wasn't bad when new. It just continually get worse month after month.
    10-24-17 07:17 PM
85 1234