Here's my Keyone black the next morning after a full charge 22 hours ago. It's where I want a phone to be.

10-25-17 11:13 PM
    Update after nearly 2 days of use.
    I'm happy with this.

10-27-17 12:43 AM
    Before sending in the device it's a real good idea (simply because you don't want to be without it!) to make sure it's not an app or bad calibration causing the problem.

This CAN be isolated without too much trouble, but most people don't. Oh, and a good percentage of the time there's nothing wrong with the phone.

An app that is spinlocking on the CPU can trivially drain 50% of the power in the battery in a couple of hours, and one that is wakelocking the phone will absolutely prevent you from getting anywhere near a full day out of a charge. Neither is the device's fault. Then there are those apps that malfunction in other "interesting" ways, such as the "Piktures" update recently that continually reindexed your SD card, charging a large percentage of the battery power to system services (but in fact it was the app doing it.)
    This all day..most people don't like troubleshooting.

Sent from my STH100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-27-17 07:31 AM
    Here's my Keyone black the next morning after a full charge 22 hours ago. It's where I want a phone to be.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f69925b56f.jpg
    I bit you dont use your phone frequently. Because battery life remaining is calculated based on past hours/minutes of usage. Dont try to impress your phone lol😉
    10-27-17 07:42 AM
    I bit you dont use your phone frequently. Because battery life remaining is calculated based on past hours/minutes of usage. Dont try to impress your phone lol😉
    How long is a piece of string ? Usage varies of course. This was normal average work use. Calls and emails and wants . Internet, some YouTube vids, twitter... whatever, it's pretty good.
    10-27-17 07:51 AM
    How long is a piece of string ? Usage varies of course. This was normal average work use. Calls and emails and wants . Internet, some YouTube vids, twitter... whatever, it's pretty good.
    Yes thats your usage. Good. But most of peoples who surfing social networking most of time in a day wouldn't get this much battery life as you mentioned on that pic.
    10-27-17 07:55 AM
    That's obvious. We'll never know what the typical person does, if that person existed anyway , but I can say that this phone and my Samsung J7 2016 have excellent battery life, and for my moderate business use as the CEO of my own company, it has more than enough processing Speed too.
    10-27-17 08:56 AM
    What is bb virtual expert?
    How to check what app is suddenly draining battery?thanks!
    10-28-17 10:54 AM
    I'm back in business with a new replacement battery. 9 calendar days from the the time I contacted BlackBerry until I received it back from the repair centre. Excellent turn around. Even I was shocked.
    11-04-17 02:06 PM
    I'm going to get my battery replaced as well. Though I hope it doesn't take month like it does mostly in India.
    11-05-17 12:53 AM
    Well...the good news is my battery has failed and it is within 12 months of purchase so it is still covered under warranty. The phone will not charge anymore...I Spoke with a BB Mobile rep and he was cool. He did not berate me with a thousand questions...he just issued me a case number and I am waiting on shipping label. No rush...I have back up devices.
    11-05-17 02:57 PM
    I am getting 4 or 5 hours out of a full battery.. with very limited use... its kinda crazy as the batery goes down 10 or 20 percent in 2 hours and I have not even waked the screen once other than to see the battery drain... after several "factory resets" and re introducing the apps one by one slowly I still get the same results. I have come to the conclusion that this is simply a bad battery problem - I have no quams what so ever with the performace of this phone other than the terrible battery life...
    Its kinda sad cause 1 year later I'm looking for a new phone.... I may aswell dish out the 1200 bucks for a new sammy cause buying a new blackbery every year costs the same....
    I dunno what else to do .
    The motion looks promising.... but it looks as though I am just rolling the dice...
    11-05-17 07:36 PM
    what's the number to call to get an RMA started. In the US
    11-06-17 08:36 PM
    I purchased my DTEK60 November 5, 2016, from Crackberry Canada.

Within ten months, the battery only held two to three hours of charge, and would shut down once the battery charge level hit 25%.

In October 2017, after numerous emails, test, resets, and phone calls to the BlackBerry/Alcatel technical service, I sent my DTEK60 to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on October 5th.

In the mean time, I reactivated my two-year-old BlackBerry PRIV, and the battery still lasts twelve hours on a single charge.

I waited for over two weeks but there was no response from the BlackBerry -Alcatel Repair Centre.

I received back my DTEK60 on October 24th. The Alcatel "Test and Repair Return Form" that accompanied the returned DTEK60 indicated in the "Repair Details:"

"Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality Control Passed."

This was a lie, since the Android version remained the same, and also because soon after I re-activated the phone it indicated that the "September upgrade" was still waiting to be downloaded.

The battery life of my DTEK60 is still still very poor. The battery now drains faster than ever, often within one hour after unplugging the phone from the charger. Even with the Battery Saver activated, the battery drains in two to three hours.

My warranty expired several days ago November 5th. I did not have the patience to race to call and email the BlackBerry/Alcatel help Centre all over again.

I suggest consumers avoid all Alcatel-built devices. Even if the new BlackBerry Motion has a 4000 mAh battery, it may be of a similar poor quality as the battery found in the DTEK60.

Neither BlackBerry nor Alcatel have any interest in assisting consumers with devices that are still under warranty. The DTEK60 has been a waste of money.
    I don't blame you for being so passed off at the repair. It does sound like they never replaced the battery. My repair form indicated software update and battery replacement. It doesn't appear that they indicated battery replacement on your repair form. Or did they??

I turned on my phone at 7 am this morning and at the time of responding to this message (9:53 pm) I am still at 35% for medium phone use.

It's really too bad. I'd email them back and quote your earlier repair. At least you'd have a working phone.
    11-07-17 08:55 PM
    I don't blame you for being so passed off at the repair. It does sound like they never replaced the battery. My repair form indicated software update and battery replacement. It doesn't appear that they indicated battery replacement on your repair form. Or did they??

I turned on my phone at 7 am this morning and at the time of responding to this message (9:53 pm) I am still at 35% for medium phone use.

It's really too bad. I'd email them back and quote your earlier repair. At least you'd have a working phone.
    What happened to Tonythecanuck original quote??
    11-08-17 05:31 PM
    What happened to Tonythecanuck original quote??
    Crackberry deleted all negative reviews of the DTEK60 to hide the battery problems.

My DTEK60 battery failed after ten months. Batteyr drained within two hours.

I sent my DTEK60 to the Repair Centre where it sat for three weeks. They did nothing, and sent the device back.

The battery still drains in two hours.

I have filed a law suit for breach of warranty.
    11-08-17 07:04 PM

They have refused, so I now have to file a lawsuit.
    11-08-17 07:05 PM
    Crackberry deleted all negative reviews of the DTEK60 to hide the battery problems.

My DTEK60 battery failed after ten months. Batteyr drained within two hours.

I sent my DTEK60 to the Repair Centre where it sat for three weeks. They did nothing, and sent the device back.

The battery still drains in two hours.

I have filed a law suit for breach of warranty.

Are you serious? Wow..I have decided for me it is not worth getting upset over. As consumers we have the freedom to purchase products from a wide range of OEM'S. When it is time to purchase again...choose wisely. It is obvious that the DTEK phones got lost during the transition period from Blackberry to TCL taking over hardware. I just sent my 60 in because the battery will not charge.
    11-08-17 07:22 PM
    Are you serious? Wow..I have decided for me it is not worth getting upset over. As consumers we have the freedom to purchase products from a wide range of OEM'S. When it is time to purchase again...choose wisely. It is obvious that the DTEK phones got lost during the transition period from Blackberry to TCL taking over hardware. I just sent my 60 in because the battery will not charge.
    Sometimes my DTEK60 battery will not charge as well. Even if it does charge, it drains within one to three hours.
    11-08-17 08:34 PM
    Sometimes my DTEK60 battery will not charge as well. Even if it does charge, it drains within one to three hours.
    Appears to be a wide spread issue...
    11-08-17 09:11 PM
    You spammed the same thing 10+ times. If you were on my forum I would have banhammered you.
    11-08-17 10:29 PM
    Mine has been doing this for about a month now. It's really annoying. Today it said it was at 40% and it shut off right after. I would turn it right back on and it would say 30% and shut off again and wouldn't stay on until I plugged it into a charger and started charging it.

Like what are these cliffs? This ain't the Rocky Mountains

Battery Drain and charge system-battery.jpg

The gaps are when it plummets and shuts itself off. I've got many more of these saved too.
    11-08-17 10:41 PM
    Mine has been doing this for about a month now. It's really annoying. Today it said it was at 40% and it shut off right after. I would turn it right back on and it would say 30% and shut off again and wouldn't stay on until I plugged it into a charger and started charging it.
    That's proof of a high-resistance battery failure. Have it swapped.

What's going on is that the battery when "floating" (not under material load) has a perfectly-good voltage but as soon as you try to load it the voltage output collapses. The root cause is that the cell has developed high resistance internally -- it has failed, effectively. This is generally how Li chemistry batteries fail when at end-of-life (or if just plain defective) and the typical cell will go ~500 full cycles before it starts to do this. Yes, the manufacturers know that, and if you must charge twice a day, well.....

The failure mode also impairs charging rates; if you look closely at the charging profile where you should be able to get close to 3,000ma worth of charge out of a QC3.0 charger you will get about half that to somewhere around 2,000, and the reason is that the high resistance in the cell limits charge rate due to excessive heating.

The only fix is to have the battery swapped -- it's dead. This is *why* the "sealed battery" game is as big of a problem as it is.
    11-09-17 08:02 AM
    if DTEK series came with removable battery, it would have saved company and consumers time.. but .. no use of talking now
    11-09-17 09:59 AM
    if DTEK series came with removable battery, it would have saved company and consumers time.. but .. no use of talking now
    This is the problem with all "high-spec" phones (which the DTEK60 is); none of them come with big batteries, and all of them can drain the battery easily in less than a day.

If you use the phone this way it will force you into a two-cycle-per-day sort of use model. Well, guess what -- all lithium batteries deteriorate over time and cycles, and at ~500 cycles most of them are fairly badly damaged in terms of remaining capacity. Will this be bad enough to get you mad? Maybe; depends on your use pattern. But the more-severe your use pattern the more-likely you get nailed by this for obvious reasons (as the capacity goes down the number of cycles a day you put on goes UP!)

The answer to this is either to put a VERY large battery in so you WON'T use more than a cycle per day (which means you can't have "light, thin, etc") OR make the battery removable so WHEN it fails (and it will) you can easily and cheaply replace it AS A CUSTOMER. But literally almost-nobody is doing the latter any more.

The last "high-spec" phone I have seen with a removable battery was the LG V20.
    11-09-17 11:26 AM
85 1234