I really have had enough now, I've been with blackberry 9 years but this is the final straw. I bought a DTEK60 10 months ago, all was fine until about 6 weeks ago when my battery just started draining really quick. I take it off charge at 0730 and it's dead just after lunch. The status bar will show 30% then suddenly it jumps to 0% and shuts down. I've tried factory reset and getting rid of suspected rogue apps but nothing has worked. I've even noticed the battery draining from 70% while on charge! I really think this is it unless I can sort it. The probable nail in the coffin for me was finding out they don't intend on updating android on the DTEK devices as it was a trial reference device from TCL?! So £530 down the drain. Seriously considering switching to oneplus now. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to get in touch, thanks
    09-26-17 05:32 PM
    Have you ran BlackBerry Virtual Expert to see if the issue is with the battery?
    09-26-17 07:43 PM
    I really have had enough now, I've been with blackberry 9 years but this is the final straw. I bought a DTEK60 10 months ago, all was fine until about 6 weeks ago when my battery just started draining really quick. I take it off charge at 0730 and it's dead just after lunch. The status bar will show 30% then suddenly it jumps to 0% and shuts down. I've tried factory reset and getting rid of suspected rogue apps but nothing has worked. I've even noticed the battery draining from 70% while on charge! I really think this is it unless I can sort it. The probable nail in the coffin for me was finding out they don't intend on updating android on the DTEK devices as it was a trial reference device from TCL?! So £530 down the drain. Seriously considering switching to oneplus now. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to get in touch, thanks
    RMA it.

Mine started doing the same thing, and checking capacity it had suddenly dropped to about 2/3rds of spec. That's out of specification and the phone is in-warranty (1 year, and I bought mine on release day, so yours is covered.)

I contacted BlackBerry support and they issued an RMA and prepaid shipping label for it; it was dispatched yesterday.

This is unfortunately something that can happen with ANY device that has a non-user-replaceable battery, and if it does you're sending it in. At least BlackBerry has a reasonable RMA and repair process; many of those "other guys" (e.g. OnePlus, etc) DO NOT and if it happens to you with one of those you're stuck with a dead phone and no realistic way to get it repaired.

A warranty the maker won't honor in a reasonable and rapid way is no warranty at all. Fortunately it appears that BlackBerry is handling these sorts of incidents in a rational and rapid fashion.
    09-27-17 06:21 AM
    How to RMA ? I'm from India
    moonflyer likes this.
    09-27-17 06:25 AM
    I didn't get it direct from blackberry so they don't want to know. I have to send it back to the online retailer, so will be without a phone for a long while. anyway, even if I do get a new dtek60 back it's as good as useless anyway as they're not gonna update it so it's pointless
    09-27-17 08:14 AM
    RMA it.

Mine started doing the same thing, and checking capacity it had suddenly dropped to about 2/3rds of spec. That's out of specification and the phone is in-warranty (1 year, and I bought mine on release day, so yours is covered.)

I contacted BlackBerry support and they issued an RMA and prepaid shipping label for it; it was dispatched yesterday.

This is unfortunately something that can happen with ANY device that has a non-user-replaceable battery, and if it does you're sending it in. At least BlackBerry has a reasonable RMA and repair process; many of those "other guys" (e.g. OnePlus, etc) DO NOT and if it happens to you with one of those you're stuck with a dead phone and no realistic way to get it repaired.

A warranty the maker won't honor in a reasonable and rapid way is no warranty at all. Fortunately it appears that BlackBerry is handling these sorts of incidents in a rational and rapid fashion.
    Hey thanks for explaining it in a way that people can understand. Seems this board is void of explanation any more. Thx again.
    09-28-17 01:08 AM
    Have two 60 's, my wife's is pretty much doing the same thing as urs, mine is fine ( both from Digital River) 8 months old.

As far as the OS update thing, you will find NO tolerance for that kind of language on here at all! "Your expectations" blah blah... I feel ur pain 2k8, not much you can do anymore, and you sure as heck are not going to find the answer here, defenders , not helpers...Good luck dude... peace.

Long and short... I love my Dtek60! Love it! The other stuff? Not so much.
    09-28-17 01:30 AM
    Yes mate, it says the health is good. Well it's clearly not
    09-28-17 09:56 PM
    Have two 60 's, my wife's is pretty much doing the same thing as urs, mine is fine ( both from Digital River) 8 months old.

As far as the OS update thing, you will find NO tolerance for that kind of language on here at all! "Your expectations" blah blah... I feel ur pain 2k8, not much you can do anymore, and you sure as heck are not going to find the answer here, defenders , not helpers...Good luck dude... peace.

Long and short... I love my Dtek60! Love it! The other stuff? Not so much.
    I had same problem and contacted BlackBerry. I had to do some testing and send screen shots. Put on battery saver and send screen shot at 100%, 50% and 15%. Then factory reset and do screen shot at 100% and 50% on normal and power saver modes. Now waiting for RMA label. You should contact them and see if they do same for you.
    09-29-17 07:46 PM
    So... I thought this was the Go too place for BlackBerry? Other then Blaze... or whatever he has become. ZERO HELP, ZERO FEEDBACK! none? Why? Come on Kevin, what's up? Do I need to have a K1 for you to respond
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    09-30-17 06:29 AM
    I had same problem and contacted BlackBerry. I had to do some testing and send screen shots. Put on battery saver and send screen shot at 100%, 50% and 15%. Then factory reset and do screen shot at 100% and 50% on normal and power saver modes. Now waiting for RMA label. You should contact them and see if they do same for you.
    Dude, I'm not factoring resetting @@@ sorry conite , Blaze and all the others that claim to GAS....if this is the dying BlackBerry
    .wow you can do better.
    09-30-17 06:35 AM
    Might get tossed... good luck my friend

Come on Kevin. Has for the rest of us!!! See ya on FB and the bird
    09-30-17 06:44 AM
    P2 ....peace ... man this thing is nasty sweet
    09-30-17 06:46 AM
    Dude, I'm not factoring resetting @@@ sorry conite , Blaze and all the others that claim to GAS....if this is the dying BlackBerry
    .wow you can do better.
    If it gets the phone fixed then it is worth it. With so many saying they are now facing battery problems it may be the 3000 mah is only a six month battery
    09-30-17 08:08 AM
    If it gets the phone fixed then it is worth it. With so many saying they are now facing battery problems it may be the 3000 mah is only a six month battery
    Agreed, I'm always down with whatever works, it just seem that since BlackBerry called out CB as being the Go too for your support, all I see from the top three or four "support". People here is " hey, just reboot it" lmao .. Come on!! Just keep rebooting it all the time... it will fix it.. Huh?
    09-30-17 06:36 PM
    Rinses and repeat... it's gotta work
    09-30-17 06:38 PM
    P2 just shipped yesterday... : )
    09-30-17 06:41 PM
    Thanks, I really love the owner help on here. I do hope it works out for ya.

I just don't want another failed phone with CB being the only support system. Just look at the board... crickets for anything other then what CB Kevin holds in his hand... rinse N repeat... it will work
    09-30-17 06:48 PM
    I am having this same experience. After 10 months of use, the phone battery lasts only two hours on a full charge. It then suddenly shuts down at 15% charge. Have already done a factory reset several times, deleting and reloading all apps and data each time, but it doesn't help. Battery no longer charges to 3000 mAh, and down to 200 mAh. Will try to return phone as still under warranty.
    10-02-17 11:10 AM
    They replaced my battery and returned the same device to me. Turn time 2 days.

That's satisfactory, needless to say.
    10-02-17 05:40 PM
    They replaced my battery and returned the same device to me. Turn time 2 days.

That's satisfactory, needless to say.
    After numerous phone calls and emails, all I get is an email asking to send screenshot of my battery performance.

When I sent the screen shots, which confirm a fast battery drain, they ask me to do a factory reset.

I told them I have already done a complete factory reset three times recently with no improvement.

No response; now just silence.

They clearly do no wish to honour their warranty

Time to take legal action against BlackBerry.

Glad I'm a lawyer.

What a useless company
    10-03-17 06:45 AM
    I have now sent the device to the BlackBerry Repair Centre here in Canada to have them either replace the battery or the device itself since it's still under warranty.
    10-05-17 09:30 PM
    I am still waiting on the RMA email. The csr is checking to see why it has not been sent out. Yes, I have checked the spam folder and it is not there. BlackBerry a software company and needs a week or more to generate an RMA label EMAIL.
    10-05-17 10:31 PM
    They generated mine in a few hours; I had it too late to send the same day (past close-of-business before I actually received it).... something's wrong.
    10-06-17 08:08 AM
    I am still waiting on the RMA email. The csr is checking to see why it has not been sent out. Yes, I have checked the spam folder and it is not there. BlackBerry a software company and needs a week or more to generate an RMA label EMAIL.
    If the situation is really dire, you might give a chance to degrading screen resolution to 720x1280. It helped me notably. I have explained in details my way here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...0-1127744-new/
    10-06-17 10:44 AM
85 123 ...