Before I migrate to DTEK60, I'd like to understand how its data are being backup.

I've used the "BlackBerry Content Transfer" app for migrating from BlackBerry 10.

There are now local contacts, local calendars (called "BlackBerry Content Transfer"), local notes and tasks in DTEK60. Are they being backup and able to restore?

Are they part of the Android™ Backup Service?
    11-11-16 09:33 AM
    When you setup your DTEK60 the default is for Google Drive to backup your system files and settings and you can also choose to backup other apps and settings. I suggest you use a cloud account like Gmail or Outlook to sync (and backup) your contacts and calendar.
    11-11-16 09:49 AM
    Thanks.

While I see there's a way to copy/move local contacts to Google, I don't see a way for local calendars, notes or tasks. My question is are those being backed up?
    11-11-16 10:25 AM
    When you setup your DTEK60 the default is for Google Drive to backup your system files and settings and you can also choose to backup other apps and settings. I suggest you use a cloud account like Gmail or Outlook to sync (and backup) your contacts and calendar.
    I can't find where I can choose which apps are to be backed up via Google Drive. I am under the impression that the app developer predetermines whether the app data and settings are to be automatically backed up by Google. As such, I find that only a few of my non system apps are backed up.

OP, as BB-JAM215 suggested, sync you contacts and calendar with a cloud service and use Google Drive to backup your system apps and data. For apps not backed up by Google, there are apps such as Helium in Google Playstore that do custom backup. You may want to explore them. Personally, I use apps that come with its own backup. And I manually backup my documents and Password Keeper. I understand that there is no way to backup Notes and Tasks from Remember. However, it does not affect me because I don't use Remember.
    11-11-16 10:39 AM
    The other alternative is to use adb on a local PC to create local backups.

This requires having a reasonably-current copy of ADB on your computer, but it's otherwise simple. You do have to turn on USB debugging to actually make the backups and then use:

adb backup -all -nosystem -apk -f <where-you-want-the-backup>

The -nosystem flag is required on a device you do not have root on (which is the case for all BlackBerry phones) or the command will terminate silently either without doing anything or at least without doing anything useful, as the system partition cannot be accessed without root.

You can also use the switch "-shared" if you wish, but be aware that this may cause a copy of all your SD card contents to be included. What it will do, and what you probably want it to do, is include shared files on the internal storage, such as ringtones and similar.

When the command is given you'll get a pop-up window on the phone and if you have security set on the device it will demand a password for the backup archive that it is about to write to the PC.

The backup can be restored later with "adb restore ....."

I recommend turning off USB debugging when you're finished as that's potentially dangerous otherwise (a random person who jacks into your phone can trivially force a factory reset, for example.)
    11-11-16 10:46 AM
    While I see there's a way to copy/move local contacts to Google, I don't see a way for local calendars, notes or tasks. My question is are those being backed up?
    I don't recall the exact procedure, but if you set the default account for your BB10 Calendar to a cloud account it should automatically backup.
    11-11-16 12:56 PM
    I can't find where I can choose which apps are to be backed up via Google Drive. I am under the impression that the app developer predetermines whether the app data and settings are to be automatically backed up by Google. As such, I find that only a few of my non system apps are backed up..
    Yes, I think this is dependent on the app. I was asked by WhatsApp as to whether I wanted it backed up to Google Drive. It could also be and app Settings option.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 11-11-16 at 01:36 PM.
    11-11-16 12:58 PM
    Most apps do not back up their data to Google Drive, although they can. So for the most part what you get on a restore is all the apps, your system settings, but none of the app data.
    11-11-16 01:22 PM