I don't understand the "you signed it" thing you keep saying. I live in the US, bought two Dtek60's from Digital River, I'm with AT&T. I have never signed anything in regards to the Dtek60. I'm just trying to understand what your talking about.
    Thanks for your question. What I'm referring to is the End User License Agreement ("EULA") that all users sign when they first configure their phones. It's a short, three-page agreement that includes the following:

7. UPDATES.
    BlackBerry may change or cancel the availability of any Software or services at any time with or without notice....

8. SUPPORT.
    Complimentary web-form support will be provided by BlackBerry to customers of subscription Software and services during the term of the subscription.

9. TERMINATION.
    You are free to stop using the Software and services and cancel your subscription at any time. You are not required to notify BlackBerry. Your license under this EULA will automatically terminate upon...BlackBerry ceasing to make the Software or service generally available....Upon termination all rights granted to you under this license shall cease and you must delete or remove the software from all products in your possession and control and immediately cease using the Software and any services.
    So, technically, if Blackberry stops making their Android software they can require us to remove their software from all products in our possession!

In addition, Blackberry reserves the rights to change the agreement with appropriate notice, and specifies that these obligations "constitute the entire agreement." So any assertion that Blackberry promised something else that's not in the agreement is irrelevant.

I am always shocked that people don't read the stuff they sign for expenditures that they consider significant.
    bigjman likes this.
    08-26-17 02:21 PM
    So it is something you (agree) too, while going thru the initial setup of the phone?
    08-26-17 02:29 PM
    Yes. All phones include a license agreement for the software on the phone. By using the software, you agree to the terms.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-26-17 02:30 PM
    Yes. All phones include a license agreement for the software on the phone. By using the software, you agree to the terms.

Ok got it, up to speed now.
    08-26-17 02:35 PM
    Of course which is why I said you couldn't sue.

But you sure as hell can refuse to ever spend money on another one of their devices.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    08-26-17 05:07 PM
    Of course which is why I said you couldn't sue.

But you sure as hell can refuse to ever spend money on another one of their devices.
    Certainly, or, like me, you can look forward to the next one, as BlackBerry has generally met my expectations, and I find the KEYone to be the best fit for my needs over the next 2-3 years at any price.

08-26-17 07:14 PM
    Anybody with an UK KEYone who got the August security update?
    08-27-17 03:59 AM
    There is some white noise about some new Android OS by BlackBerry around: BlackBerry to announce its own version of secure Android OS

If that is true, we might (hopefully ) just get that "BlackBerry Secure" Android-based thing. I wonder...
    08-28-17 12:31 PM
    BlackBerry appears to be licensing its Android implementation to other OEMs.

08-28-17 12:52 PM
    BlackBerry appears to be licensing its Android implementation to other OEMs.

Which means you will be able to buy a non BlackBerry phone and still get the BlackBerry experience. I wonder if the large OEMs like Samsung, LG would put it on their hardware
    08-28-17 01:59 PM
    Which means you will be able to buy a non BlackBerry phone and still get the BlackBerry experience. I wonder if the large OEMs like Samsung, LG would put it on their hardware
    BlackBerry would have to seriously advance their Android output though to make it attractive. Like, timely security updates for everyone irrespective of region. The newest Android in a timely manner...
    08-28-17 02:34 PM
    They can barely keep up with their current line-up of phones. DTEK60s don't even get a second though. Start throwing in other OEMs and this could get really messy.
    08-28-17 04:03 PM
    BlackBerry would have to seriously advance their Android output though to make it attractive. Like, timely security updates for everyone irrespective of region. The newest Android in a timely manner...
    So will the the BlackBerry branded phones be more secure? They would have to be to separate from the other OEM phones. The secure kernel hardening and the Secret sauce would have to be exclusive to BlackBerry branded phones...
    08-28-17 04:35 PM
    They can barely keep up with their current line-up of phones. DTEK60s don't even get a second though. Start throwing in other OEMs and this could get really messy.
    Haha, you make a good point!!
    08-28-17 04:36 PM
    Blackberry can no longer boasts about timely security updates. Myself and others are still running June's update.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    08-28-17 04:56 PM
    Blackberry can no longer boasts about timely security updates. Myself and others are still running June's update.
    Only applies to the DTEK60 it seems. All others are on August patch.
    08-28-17 06:10 PM
    Only applies to the DTEK60 it seems. All others are on August patch.
    CDMA KEYones are knocking.
    08-28-17 06:12 PM
    CDMA KEYones are knocking.
    KEYᵒⁿᵉs using smoke signal network are also waiting.
    08-28-17 06:13 PM
    Downloading DTEK Aug patch now...
    chi-town311 likes this.
    08-28-17 06:35 PM
    Downloading DTEK Aug patch now...
    Just tried @7:37 pm. No updates for me. Blackberry must rectify this update process - somehow
    08-28-17 06:39 PM
    Just tried @7:37 pm. No updates for me. Blackberry must rectify this update process - somehow
    Did you check-in?
    08-28-17 06:43 PM
    what do you mean by "check in" ? I just went to settings, check for updates, and my 60 says up to date. still on June. anything else I should be doing? 50 is on August.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    08-28-17 07:17 PM
    what do you mean by "check in" ? I just went to settings, check for updates, and my 60 says up to date. still on June. anything else I should be doing? 50 is on August.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Enter *#*#checkin#*#* into the dialer.
    08-28-17 07:34 PM
    Tried that. when I hit the last* everything disappears.
    08-28-17 07:50 PM
    Check your drop down notifications after you dial the *#*#checkin#*#* and you will see that you should have an update. I just did the "checkin" and it worked for my 60.
    08-28-17 08:15 PM
214 12345 ...