it was on the sticker that was on the phone- not on the box
    08-11-17 08:30 AM
    not to be a ****, but this is in the DTEK60 forum. only allowed to whine about lack of updates for DTEK60 here 😜
    08-11-17 01:43 PM
    whine about lack of updates for DTEK60 here
    It's Crackberry, any one can whine about anything anywhere!
    08-12-17 08:05 AM
    Probably because they sold 10 times more Privs than both DTEKs combined.
    Is that because they manufactured 10 times more Privs? Did they always plan for the DTEKs to be a small production? Is sad because I still think it rules over PRIV and KeyOne...
    08-12-17 09:46 AM
    Is that because they manufactured 10 times more Privs? Did they always plan for the DTEKs to be a small production? Is sad because I still think it rules over PRIV and KeyOne...
    After the initial DTEK50 production run, they had already decided to leave the hardware business, so they never ordered more. The DTEK60 order was revised to the smallest batch size permitted by the agreement, as this happened after they decided to leave hardware.
    08-12-17 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the clarification Conite. Still find it curious that the KeyOne garnered so much interest, but then, I loved BB10 and look where that went...
    08-12-17 05:20 PM
    Thanks for the clarification Conite. Still find it curious that the KeyOne garnered so much interest, but then, I loved BB10 and look where that went...
    I have all the BlackBerry-branded Android devices, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is by far the best imo.
    08-12-17 06:10 PM
    I find the keys too small for my thumbs and think the DTEK60 is a more solid feeling phone overall.
    08-13-17 06:03 AM
    Well, the old blog post is live. Looks like shopblackberry devices should be getting August "soon."

BlackBerry powered by Android Security Bulletin – August 2017
    08-14-17 01:40 PM
    For what it's worth, the Priv's are getting the August security update now.
    Maybe you guys will be 'soon'.
    asiayeah likes this.
    08-14-17 03:18 PM
    we will see how timely it arrives for Dtek phones
    08-14-17 06:54 PM
    well, blackberry has supposedly committed to develop Oreo for the Keyone. if that aint a kick in the nards.
    08-21-17 09:12 PM
    well, blackberry has supposedly committed to develop Oreo for the Keyone. if that aint a kick in the nards.
    The fact that someone is paying them to do it helps.
    08-22-17 01:11 AM
    Done. KeyOne gets Oreo.
    08-22-17 06:49 AM
    The fact that someone is paying them to do it helps.
    I already paid them to do it. They just took my money and ran.
    08-22-17 07:05 AM
    Done. KeyOne gets Oreo.
    No its not. They made an announcement.

"Coming soon"

This should be entertaining. The KeyTwo will be out before Oreo. Gotta have a reason to upgrade, right?
    08-22-17 07:06 AM
    So - almost September and we are still on the June update.
    @conite - is it ok to complain now? I know that you had those cut and pastes of the update history. Last several months have looked pretty bad now.
    08-25-17 10:06 AM
    So - almost September and we are still on the June update.
    @conite - is it ok to complain now? I know that you had those cut and pastes of the update history. Last several months have looked pretty bad now.
    Do what you gotta do.

The DTEK60 does seem to be the aberration, as my Priv, DTEK50, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ have all been on the August patch for a couple of weeks.

It appears some type of handoff is occurring with the DTEKs, so we'll have to see how all this comes out in the wash.
    08-25-17 11:13 AM
    Do what you gotta do.

The DTEK60 does seem to be the aberration, as my Priv, DTEK50, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ have all been on the August patch for a couple of weeks.

It appears some type of handoff is occurring with the DTEKs, so we'll have to see how all this comes out in the wash.
    Wouldn't any hand off with the Dteks include the 50 & 60? It just seems a little strange how the 60 has been treated like BB's red headed stepchild since the March update, with it only getting two out of the last five updates. Any insight into why the 60 has been singled out, overlooked?

Nice to see all the BB app updates today by the way, new toys to play with...
    08-25-17 01:47 PM
    Do what you gotta do.

So maybe my complaining here and on twitter is backfiring... :-(
    08-25-17 01:48 PM
    Wouldn't any hand off with the Dteks include the 50 & 60? It just seems a little strange how the 60 has been treated like BB's red headed stepchild since the March update, with it only getting two out of the last five updates. Any insight into why the 60 has been singled out, overlooked?

Nice to see all the BB app updates today by the way, new toys to play with...
    The problem is that the DTEK60 is at the bottom of the priority barrel because only a few thousand were ever ordered by BlackBerry and sold.

Hopefully it will all get sorted out after the transition is complete.
    08-25-17 03:16 PM
    Very sad. my 50 has August. I just got the 60 a few months ago and it's a really nice phone!! Still on June. At least I got the app updates.
    Razr>BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 08-26-17 at 02:47 PM.
    08-26-17 10:32 AM
    Sign me up for this thread as I haven't got the update either. BlackBerry Mobile said they might escale my problem with BlackBerry if I provide my phone number and IMEI. I asked them if it could be escalated with just my phone number. Why do they need the IMEI? Maybe updates aren't send via carrier, but by region based on IMEI (super wild guess here!). Because I am on a Dutch arrier on which other KEYones do get the August security update, whereas my English unlocked KEYone does not receive it..... There must be more to the story here.
    08-26-17 10:57 AM
    I already paid them to do it. They just took my money and ran.
    You THOUGHT you paid them to do it...

..and BlackBerry thought you paid them for a DTEK60 running Marshmallow with their version of Android, DTEK software and Hub+ Suite.

BlackBerry put their expectations in writing, and you signed it, so they win.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-26-17 11:28 AM
    You THOUGHT you paid them to do it...

..and BlackBerry thought you paid them for a DTEK60 running Marshmallow with their version of Android, DTEK software and Hub+ Suite.

BlackBerry put their expectations in writing, and you signed it, so they win.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I don't understand the "you signed it" thing you keep saying. I live in the US, bought two Dtek60's from Digital River, I'm with AT&T. I have never signed anything in regards to the Dtek60. I'm just trying to understand what your talking about.
    08-26-17 01:48 PM
214 1234 ...