I would like to stream digital music files from my DTEK60 via an OTG cable to my Outlaw Stereo receiver that has a USB input and a built in DAC. I have set the phone into developer mode to access the various USB configurations but there is no audio out setting. Or, is there no USB audio out functionality via OTG cable on the DTEK60?
    04-07-18 08:59 PM
    I would like to stream digital music files from my DTEK60 via an OTG cable to my Outlaw Stereo receiver that has a USB input and a built in DAC. I have set the phone into developer mode to access the various USB configurations but there is no audio out setting. Or, is there no USB audio out functionality via OTG cable on the DTEK60?
    You have to use an App. Onkyo HF Player free or USB Audio Player Pro $. That later is the one I use mostly , because it has in app purchase add-ons. Check em' out.
    04-08-18 12:50 AM
    If that doesn't work out, you could go old school and use this:
    Attached Thumbnails Audio out via OTG Cable on DTEK60-54220.jpg  
    moonflyer likes this.
    04-08-18 01:07 AM
    I'm sure it will work if you install USB app and have right USB cables. I have been playing Hi Res music for a while now. 🎼 What model Outlaw Receiver?
    04-08-18 01:12 PM
    I'm sure it will work if you install USB app and have right USB cables. I have been playing Hi Res music for a while now. ������ What model Outlaw Receiver?
    RR2150 Retro Receiver which is an amazing stereo receiver BTW.
    04-17-18 11:40 PM
    Thanks for your help, DS, I downloaded the Onkyo HF Player to determine whether this will work with an AUKEY OTG Cable and if so, will then either upgrade to the Onkyo HF Player Pro or give the USB Audio Player Pro a try. The old school system is what I have been using but this unfortunately utilizes the DTEK60 DAC which is not as good as the one in the Outlaw receiver. I'll let you know how this works out and thanks for your help. My buddy has a PRIV and it streams digital music via OSB to his McIntosh 8900 amplifier without requiring an app.
    04-17-18 11:52 PM
    Thanks for your help, DS, I downloaded the Onkyo HF Player to determine whether this will work with an AUKEY OTG Cable and if so, will then either upgrade to the Onkyo HF Player Pro or give the USB Audio Player Pro a try. The old school system is what I have been using but this unfortunately utilizes the DTEK60 DAC which is not as good as the one in the Outlaw receiver. I'll let you know how this works out and thanks for your help. My buddy has a PRIV and it streams digital music via OSB to his McIntosh 8900 amplifier without requiring an app.
    I agree some things work differently between the Priv and Dtek60. That's why I use both for different features. I use the Apple OTG C Cable to Audioquest Carbon Cable to Dac for my Dtek60 .
    04-18-18 12:04 AM
    RR2150 Retro Receiver which is an amazing stereo receiver BTW.
    Looks like a fairly good Receiver from the specs. Lots of power, what speakers you using? 🔊
    04-18-18 12:23 AM
    I agree some things work differently between the Priv and Dtek60. That's why I use both for different features. I use the Apple OTG C Cable to Audioquest Carbon Cable to Dac for my Dtek60 .
    I also use Audioquest Jitterbug or iFi Purifier to clean line to Dac or Amp
    04-18-18 04:56 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Audio out via OTG Cable on DTEK60-109018.jpg  
    04-20-18 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the information Dragnet, I have been MIA on business. The Onkyo HF player worked! But it doesn't stream MP3 files only AAC and mp4.a files to the receiver. BTW the speakers that I am currently using are original ADS L710-II speakers that I purchased new decades ago combined with an Outlaw LFM-2 sub - sound great. I have a new DTEK50 that my wife bought and didn't like so am going to try that device for OTG streaming - not sure whether it is a native capability of that BB or not. If anyone uses two phones by swapping SIM cards, I would like to know how to sync content on both phones since I use them for business - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    05-08-18 12:51 PM
    Nice, ADS speakers I Had in my car back in mid 80's. I just swap cards out back and forth, but don't encrypt them. In settings I think I saw somewhere that you can adjust the sd card to lock to just one phone if you want your choice. I'll have to check for the mp3.
    05-08-18 01:47 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for this topic. By the way, is the OTG cable on DTEK60 a good choice? Because I want to buy new stereo receivers to ruin my entire apartment does anyone know where I can buy a new one? I have some experience with older systems from the ' 90s, but they broke down: (however, I asked in various forums about this, and they later gave me an answer to see an article about a 2-channel stereo receiver where I can order a product from Amazon. Later it turned out that it was a good choice because I ordered high-quality and inexpensive products.
    Last edited by MentalAttack; 01-20-20 at 05:09 AM.
    01-13-20 10:50 AM