Quite disappointed the argon wasn't announced yesterday. I know the rumors point towards a fall release but when do you think we'll see blackberry acknowledge it, 2. Announcement, 3. For sale in Canada?

Also, do you think it will be made by TCL too?
    985 likes this.
    07-27-16 07:56 AM
    I've heard that the specs match up the the Idol 4 Pro that is coming this fall (will run Windows for TCL/Alcatel)... but that is only rumors based on rumors of what the Argon's hardware might be and what the Idol 4 Pro's hardware might be.
    07-27-16 09:10 AM
    Idol Pro is same as Idol 4 S, which has already been introduced and runs Android, Pro runs windows...supposedly only difference...5.5 screen, bigger and better parts/internals...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 09:46 AM
    I'd be more than happy with the 4S hardware, but if BB were to use the 4 Pro hardware, do you think they would put out a 6" phone? If so, I'm not buying it. 5.5" is the max I would ever go on a smartphone.
    07-27-16 09:48 AM
    That's too bad. After all the layoffs, I don't really feel like rewarding blackberry for subcontracting to China.
    07-27-16 10:04 AM
    That's too bad. After all the layoffs, I don't really feel like rewarding blackberry for subcontracting to China.
    That's business, adapt or be left behind. It's one thing if countries were so patriotic that they would pay a substantial premium to offset companies paying their workers north American wages, but this is the real world, and people are looking out for their own best interests. Not very often does that include spending more money to get the same thing...so outsourcing is commonplace in our society.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 10:55 AM
    I don't disagree but I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it here or in the canadian media. After all the RBC took a considerable amount of heat for outsourcing.
    On the flip side, what about build quality? BB previously prided themselves on it... again nobody here or elsewhere are too concerned about the TCL made device. I do understand that your average consumer likely doesn't know that detail.
    07-27-16 12:03 PM
    Could we have a separate forum for the Argon? That's the one I'm interested in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 12:04 PM
    I don't disagree but I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it here or in the canadian media,
    Manufacturing left long ago, all your prior BlackBerries are probably made in Mexico. It's not like they imported TFWs to run a factory in Waterloo.
    peregrineay and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    07-27-16 12:05 PM
    Also looking forward to Argon. Hopefully its on time.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 04:00 AM
    Could be possible that the Argon release depends on the sales figures of the DTEK 50! Might be possible, that argon never sees the light of the day if DTEK isn't selling all that good!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 04:19 AM
    Could be possible that the Argon release depends on the sales figures of the DTEK 50! Might be possible, that argon never sees the light of the day if DTEK isn't selling all that good!

Posted via CB10
    Very possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    They said the same thing about Passport, Classic, Leap and Priv. Doubt they won't put out the next two android devices based off of eachother's successes. In my opinion, they have an agenda and they are sticking to it, despite what Chen says about possibly quitting hardware...I can appreciate the exit from hardware if after Mercury releases and none of their (at that point) 4 devices has helped get their hardware division out of the red, then maybe it's time to exit.

I think the next fiscal year will dictate more
    07-28-16 10:27 AM
    With WhatsApp support for BB10 coming to an end 31 December it wouldn't surprise me that it is released in time for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    Sequester#WN likes this.
    07-28-16 11:05 AM
    It has to be released in the next coming months or it loses a large percentage of its potential base to other devices. With BB10, either no longer developed or due to app support, a replacement needs to come out. I know 10yr + BlackBerry users who are ready to go Android for apps, would prefer a BlackBerry PKB but if they don't see it soon, they never will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 12:49 PM
    Unless BlackBerry is basing their exit from hardware on the the 'fiddy' sales I doubt that the Argons release really depends on those sales figures. Two different targets, this DTEK is a lower mid level cheap option for enterprise, whereas the Argon as rumors is an uppermid personal use.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it. Each device has their own target audience.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    07-28-16 08:32 PM
    I doubt it. Each device has their own target audience.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    Agreed. I'm not interested in the DTEK.

But, the Argon? Yes. Assuming it has a proper RGB LED.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 08:49 PM
    I'm going to buy the DTEK50 and if Argon comes out I will sell it and upgrade like I did with Z10->Z30
    07-28-16 09:04 PM
    Agreed. I'm not interested in the DTEK.

But, the Argon? Yes. Assuming it has a proper RGB LED.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I'm hoping for also. Hoping someone here knows because videos I've seen of the Idol 4S don't mention the LED.
    07-28-16 09:50 PM
    i doubt whatsapp would be a motivating factor

also the android port from snap apparently does work!
    07-28-16 11:45 PM
    BlackBerry is trying to sell as many DTEK50's as possible. Higher spec phone announcement would take away from DTEK50 focus. Whatever market attention this DTEK50 focus brings will help Argon later as well. Chen is smart to keep Argon under wraps until the last moment. I'm guessing we'll hear about it in mid or end of September. I'll be patiently waiting.

No LED notification on high end BlackBerry would be disappointing. Though I think they will install one, the feautre is too iconic.
    07-30-16 11:13 AM
    I also want the Argon with the proper LED. I tell my friend considering an S7 the reason I will wait a couple of months for a possible Argon is three Main reasons...the HUB and the LED and keyboard. I can old the HUB and keyboard so I hope the Argon has the proper LED.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:37 PM
    The fingerprint reader should be on the back. The BlackBerry symbol should be the fingerprint reader to add class

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and bigjman like this.
    07-31-16 10:06 PM
    I'm going to buy the DTEK50 and if Argon comes out I will sell it and upgrade like I did with Z10->Z30
    and whats the point? android is android
    BlackBerry didn't make BlackBerry's new phone - CNET
    08-24-16 12:25 PM
50 12