Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,

I am very pleased with my passport se. But the Dtek60 seems to be the last BlackBerry phone (even if it is an android device), so it might seem reasonable to upgrade.

My main concerns are : form factor , pkb and especially music audio quality.

I've had all kinds of phones so obviously I know what it is like to have a different shape and only virtual keyboard (I could live with it). But I've been really impressed with the sound quality of the passport. I have lots of lossless music files which sound fantastic on my passport.
    Does anyone have any experience with the Dtek60 in this respect?

Thanks
    Adam
    11-01-16 01:07 PM
    Just switched from Passport to Dtek60....major learning curve for me. My preference would be Passport over the Dtek60. The flow of BB10 and all it has to offer in my opinion is much better than Android.....too confusing and too many choices. I'm hoping I fall in love ....but not sure yet. The reason I changed is the lack of support by for BB10; facebook etc. Dtek60 is a beautiful phone just way different.
    Last edited by bb624; 11-01-16 at 01:33 PM. Reason: grammer
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-01-16 01:32 PM
    Check out this story. He might be able to give you some insight.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...order-1090372/
    11-01-16 01:45 PM
    I dont wanna switch either! But I feel I might have too! I absolutely love my passport! And the OS and the pkb! Such a hard life, not having bbos supported and no pkb on android yet!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 01:52 PM
    Yes Passport has good sound but myself I turned to my Priv using USB Pro and Onkyo HD music apps to My Chord MOJO and boy is this amazing for Playing HiRes music 16/44.1 Flac - DSD. Right now I'm waiting for my Dtek60 to show up. I expect it to even better than the Priv. Also using the Shure se535 iem's or Hifiman 400i headphones. Totally amazing even when hooked up to my home stereo with tube amp.
    11-01-16 02:01 PM
    The Dtek60 seems to have the right specs. But I will stick to my Passport SE. The OS 10.3 will soon be upgraded, so why bother?
    11-01-16 02:13 PM
    I dont wanna switch either! But I feel I might have too! I absolutely love my passport! And the OS and the pkb! Such a hard life, not having bbos supported and no pkb on android yet!

Posted via CB10
    Uh, there is a PKB on the PRIV.

Depending on where you are, they are getting quite cheap - some carriers offering them for $0 on a 2 year contract.
    $559 (Canadian) from Blackberry.
    11-01-16 02:24 PM
    I'm typing this on my Passport... while I pre-charge my DTEK60 upstairs!!! It arrived today, has 50% battery out of the box but I'm old school. Will leave it to charge for about 30 minutes (from what I'm reading on here that will give it 100%!).

Now I'm the same as a lot of people on here... it's a massive, massive shame that BB10 is slowly dying out. I do feel like we are taking a step back jumping to Android (in terms of OS structure etc), and I don't believe we will see an OS that is as innovative and productive as BB10 for a very, very long time. I know there are people on here who will keep using BB10 until the very very last day, and who will keep saying that BB10 hasn't died etc, but everyone has different uses. As much as I love my Passport, I NEED WhatsApp. I need apps which are buggy on BB10 due to only having Android ports available, and it would be extremely convenient to have other features that come with the phone such as Android Pay and a fingerprint scanner.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to test the sound on both phones once I get it all set up and working. Watch this space.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and tonythecanuck like this.
    11-01-16 02:32 PM
    FLAC works fine on the DTEK60; I have a HUGE music collection on a 200Gb SD card, 90% of it FLAC...

I use the Onkyo HD audio app. It rocks.
    11-01-16 03:14 PM
    Why everyone say "switch"? To transition to another OS you'd think that keeping the "old" device as main device would be wiser

I don't think I'd switch from Passport to any other device. I'd use DETEK60 as a second device

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    11-01-16 08:03 PM
    Why everyone say "switch"? To transition to another OS you'd think that keeping the "old" device as main device would be wiser

I don't think I'd switch from Passport to any other device. I'd use DETEK60 as a second device

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    With my work passport , personal passport and Dtek60 I would be having 3 phones to deal with. So I'm sacrificing my white personal pp. Hoping I get there hang of this Android quickly.
    11-01-16 08:21 PM
    BTW just FYI the Onkyo HD music app accomplishes "seamless" playback, even with FLAC files. That is, the (very annoying) pause between songs is absent; it does it right. Some other music apps don't.

The amp in the phone is very good; I have a reasonably high-end pair of Shure earbuds and the sound is both fantastic and, if you want it to be, far beyond "loud enough" (the "you're listening at beyond recommended volume" warning comes up at about HALF volume!)
    11-02-16 12:43 PM
    The Dtek60 seems to have the right specs. But I will stick to my Passport SE. The OS 10.3 will soon be upgraded, so why bother?
    Lol
    11-02-16 12:52 PM
    It's not an update. It is a new security certification.
    11-02-16 01:04 PM
    From your post, you seem to be concern with media/audio quality.
    I personally don't have the dtek 60 yet, but hope to get it by the end of the year because I'm a phone wh0re.
    But, if you are concerned with audio quality, I'd steer you towards phones like the LG v10 or LG V20.
    They are only single speaker devices. But have a proper built in (D.A.C) amplifier for wired head phones. Not Bluetooth.

If its via speakers the Dtek60 appears to be a good choice.
    11-03-16 02:55 PM
    Fair enough if you have two Passport's already
    11-04-16 06:33 PM
    I'm typing this on my Passport... while I pre-charge my DTEK60 upstairs!!! It arrived today, has 50% battery out of the box but I'm old school. Will leave it to charge for about 30 minutes (from what I'm reading on here that will give it 100%!).

Now I'm the same as a lot of people on here... it's a massive, massive shame that BB10 is slowly dying out. I do feel like we are taking a step back jumping to Android (in terms of OS structure etc), and I don't believe we will see an OS that is as innovative and productive as BB10 for a very, very long time. I know there are people on here who will keep using BB10 until the very very last day, and who will keep saying that BB10 hasn't died etc, but everyone has different uses. As much as I love my Passport, I NEED WhatsApp. I need apps which are buggy on BB10 due to only having Android ports available, and it would be extremely convenient to have other features that come with the phone such as Android Pay and a fingerprint scanner.

Anyway, I'm more than happy to test the sound on both phones once I get it all set up and working. Watch this space.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I agree : I miss my Z30 with OS10, and my Passport SE too! However I love my Android Priv with both PKB and VKB, Big bright curved display, fantastic 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens, good speakers, expandable memory, and BlackBerry HUB, keyboard, and DTEK security. I hope the DTEK60 is even better!
    11-04-16 09:03 PM
    The dtek60 is the best phone I have, had z30 which I used for a long time than passport and iPhone 6s plus and moved to dtek60 and had it for few days and enjoy it very much ,finally android from someone who understand how to make it right
    11-05-16 05:02 AM
    I will better stay years more with my Z10 than will switch to Android. It's literally downgrade from BB10.
    11-05-16 05:49 AM
    I will better stay years more with my Z10 than will switch to Android. It's literally downgrade from BB10.
    Years?

Well OK, enjoy it along with your Windows ME setup.
    11-05-16 07:19 AM