Done so, unfortunately the heating and fast draining issue is still there. There is a serious OS issue that causes the problem.
    05-21-18 08:28 PM
    I purchased it a year ago and initially it worked like a dream. Some apps definitely were not optimized for the camera but I made do with what it could do instead.

That relationship soured after a few months. The entire phone, and I mean entire phone lagged something fierce. Despite numerous factory resets, clearing of caches and restarts it was to no avail. Finger print scanner was a joke. And the less said about software support the better.

Stopped using it since and have been scarred off of another BB device since. Currently using the lag free Pixel 2 XL and eagerly anticipating the Key2
    05-22-18 12:59 AM
    phone ringer pretty low at max volume if you're working with tools
    05-22-18 08:52 PM
    I loved my DTEK60 and used it for about 14 months before the right side of the screen stopped working. Aside from the screen problem, my only complaints were that for some reason it ran Skype and Snapchat so slow that I could bare use either app. I blamed Microsoft and Snapchat for the app performance since everything else worked so well on it.

Now I'm using a Pixel 2XL with BB Launcher, Contacts, Calendar, and VKB and everything runs like a dream... guess Microsoft and Snapchat weren't completely to blame afterall.
    05-24-18 11:35 AM
    If using mine outside, even sheltered from the sun, it heats up quite hot and drains the battery very quickly. The fast charge feature is good - you need it! Power button is in awkward location. It's easier to text on my old MOTO
    05-25-18 02:48 PM
    I love the hardware but HATE, absolutely HATE android. Thousands of useless apps most bombard you with ads to install yet another useless app. WHY did blackberry abandon a stable useful OS...very sad..makes me consider Apple....very sad and infuriating
    elfabio80 and bb9900user2018 like this.
    06-02-18 01:21 PM
    I've had mine for a year and a half. The battery life could be better, and it could use 1GB more RAM. I like the phone. I want a successor of it released soon with updated specs and parts.
    06-06-18 01:32 AM
    (1)dislike the design - color scheme to finger print sensor location and glass backing (with extreme care, so far, nothing happened... knock on wood). (2) poor power mgr - it should last at least 8-10 hours for a phone that matured format as Idol (3) never like the re-branding. it feel like old stuff put a new make-up. you can only go that far. (4) camera speed and low light issue - try to get a cat in to the image is not easy when it not in sleep or sun bathing. (5) autocorrect changed Macarons recipe instruction from "fold half of the almond mixture into the egg white ..." to "COLD half of the mixture..." I miss KB (even the BB VKB still make silly mistake).
    did everything possible to make it beautiful - including a gold color case... (be fair, i brought the phone for my nephew... only holded for short time just to test things out... I wish I have better choice at the time - upon release NA... but selection was limited at the time for BB - better than dtek 50... not consider anything else).
    06-06-18 04:47 AM
    Got a battery change for mine from standard mobile repairer in UK and still works really well. Came from previous BlackBerry phones with last ones being a couple of Z30s which I so so loved. Really disappointed that DTEK60 will not get an android update as the 50 will and a bit angry with myself (still) for being fooled into buying another BlackBerry... the most secure phone :-). would love for the right thing to be done by us old fans in terms of operating system update... but have made my mind up to quit BlackBerrys when the security updates are ceased for the 60s which no doubt will be soon... I have a brand new, unused, receipted and boxed Z30 if anyone were interested in buying in the UK.
    06-06-18 11:12 AM
    Got a battery change for mine from standard mobile repairer in UK and still works really well. Came from previous BlackBerry phones with last ones being a couple of Z30s which I so so loved. Really disappointed that DTEK60 will not get an android update as the 50 will and a bit angry with myself (still) for being fooled into buying another BlackBerry... the most secure phone :-). would love for the right thing to be done by us old fans in terms of operating system update... but have made my mind up to quit BlackBerrys when the security updates are ceased for the 60s which no doubt will be soon... I have a brand new, unused, receipted and boxed Z30 if anyone were interested in buying in the UK.
    Checkout the KEYone, Motion and tomorrow comes the new KEYtwo. They’re all from BBMo/TCL of course and not Original BB.
    06-06-18 11:12 PM
    mine hasn't have any problems.... as of now hehehe.
    06-13-18 06:28 PM
    I'm still pretty happy with my Dtek60. Too bad it had battery issues, but now that I know how to change it, it's OK.
    The camera is really good, even though I use it mainly as point and shoot because I'm too lazy to figure out all the settings, and most of my pictures are spur of the moment!
    It's plenty fast for me. Sometimes too fast. Especially when I accidentally click on a link. LOL!!.
    I use the fingerprint sensor all the time and like it on the back of the phone. Easy to reach when I pick it up.
    It does need a good case to protect the camera and slippery glass back.
    A better battery and slightly smaller size, and it would be perfect. So far I have no desire to replace it.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>?
    06-17-18 01:22 PM
    Not bad for indoors
    Attached Thumbnails Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-orchid-barbra-1-29-18-01.jpg  
    mrdeeds_72 likes this.
    06-17-18 01:38 PM
    Just over one year life. After that, no assistance and no support. Phone is great but service and updates are just sucks. The brand is just not putting effort in maintaining the service and customer focus. Just put new phone on the market and avoid assisting the old one. Very bad
    06-18-18 01:18 AM
    Nope not from me, this phone may be blackberry's best phone ever.
    I think out of the BlackBerry androids for sure.
    06-23-18 01:50 PM
    Do you have a link for a video of the Battery change? I've heard they are a little tricky to not break some flimsy wires.. How was your install? It sounds like you are very pleased with it.
    06-23-18 03:21 PM
    I don't have any regrets. The battery life could be better though otherwise an amazing phone and the screensize is amazing too
    07-02-18 09:20 AM
    Done, moved to iPhone
    09-29-18 10:03 AM
    Yes. I deeply regret buying the Dtek60. It has some pros, of course. The shear number of problems that I've had with this phone has not only made it my worst smartphone ever, but it has made me migrate away from BlackBerry, the only smartphone brand I have ever known.

Sadly 2018 will be my last BB year. Five years of only using BB, Dec 2013 - Dec 2018. It feels like the end of an era. Kind of like Sears.

Pros:
    Excellent Speakers and Pixel Density. Great for watching shows or YouTube.
    Dtek provides an added layer of security that is comforting
    High end specs, even for 2018.
    Nice camera. Low light doesn't work well, but excellent camera with proper lighting.

Cons:
    *** The early charging issues were scary
    *** A system update couldn't update due to "verification problem". This went on for months and was a constant nuisance.
    *** Problems with file transfers over USB. I have to act fast before the Dtek60 disconnects on me.
    *** The phone gets hot. Really hot. I've wondered how dangerous the phone would be if left in my pocket.
    *** The battery is just terrible. I can get the battery down to 50% from 100% just by using it over my lunch break. It will also just shut off on me if it gets down to 24%.
    *** No update to Android 7, 8 or 9. This should have happened with the high specs on the Dtek60.
    *** It is possible to get locked out of the Dtek60 after a wipe. The internal clock can be off. Android Device Manager may be able to help.
    mrdeeds_72 likes this.
    12-07-18 04:51 PM
    Just received mine yesterday.

First impression upon opening the box was hmm looks good, lifted it out and actually a lovely size in the hand. I was expecting it to be a monster but good size, light and very slim - impressed.

Android, unfortunately don't like (Apple OS even more) but guess I will have to get used to it as BB10 is dying (keep looking at my Passport with eyes starting to well up each time - its a masterpiece simple as).

Anyway moving on (I hope) its taking some getting used to, don't really like the calendar, clock, the way the Hub is set out but hey it might grow on me. One thing I can't get my head round is the quality of the apps, i.e. poor calendar layout/colours, contacts layout and colours, home screen picture, all seems very grainy compared to the Passport which produces sublime clean contrasting colours. Only downloaded a couple of apps as yet and one which I like from Passport is Beweather pro, but it looks naff on the DTEK.

Love the fingerprint scanner and really love the Google voice search, hopefully the Google assistant will be available one day. Really really miss the pkb of the Passport and can't wait to see if a Blackberry/Android surfaces shortly - hopefully sooner than later.

Like I said very early days into the Android world, not liking it but hopefully I can tweak this phone to replicate BB10 to as close as possible.
    To what extent did you succeed in this? I moved from z10 to DTEK 60 a few days ago, and I'm still desperately trying to get it to do things that were so easy and basic on the 10, for example custom mp3 notification sounds for the various components of the hub (and, it has to be said, audio alerts at all for them, though in that particular case I may have misunderstood the instructions which I've read through many times); syncing of calendars etc (farewell, BlackBerry Link!) and so on. Any advice on replication of the BB10 on the DTEK would be gratefully received! Gareth
    01-13-19 05:00 PM
    To what extent did you succeed in this? I moved from z10 to DTEK 60 a few days ago, and I'm still desperately trying to get it to do things that were so easy and basic on the 10, for example custom mp3 notification sounds for the various components of the hub (and, it has to be said, audio alerts at all for them, though in that particular case I may have misunderstood the instructions which I've read through many times); syncing of calendars etc (farewell, BlackBerry Link!) and so on. Any advice on replication of the BB10 on the DTEK would be gratefully received! Gareth
    The idea to replicate BB10 isn’t going to be entirely possible. Same as BB10 didn’t replicate BBOS 6 years ago. It’s similar, but that’s it. Let BB10 go and accept BBAndroid for what it can do better and don’t worry about what it does worse. Gotta let go....
    01-13-19 05:36 PM
    When I got the phone "Cast" worked 100% then after an update it stopped working and has never worked since. I used Cast a lot.
    Battery life was good but now lasts about 1 short phone call or two hours on standby.
    The phone phone is just over two years old. I replaced it with a Keyone silver in March 2018.
    01-18-19 05:53 AM
    I believe the Dteks are rehashed Alcatel Idol phones. Can anyone confirm?
    02-22-19 02:10 PM
    I believe the Dteks are rehashed Alcatel Idol phones. Can anyone confirm?
    Yes, literally an Alcatel frame with BlackBerry innards.
    02-22-19 08:30 PM
249 ... 8910