Does the DTEK60 have any of the current problems that the Priv has? My Priv, (moved from Z30 for app ability) is about to drive me to leaving BB. It gets hot, battery life is pitiful and seems to every so often hit a period where I can almost watch the battery level go down with no apps open. It locks up on me occasionally, especially if it's been sitting unused for a while. I lost the ability for custom contact ringtones when the Marshmallow upgrade hit. And I often have a problem with bluetooth connectivity on media playback - the sound will breakup, until I restart the phone. I've been steeling myself to go to a Samsung, but hate to give up some of the BB features I love (Keyboard, BB apps, hub, etc.). I can live with many of the other issues people have noted on this thread (lack of FM receiver, mono notification light, etc.), but do not want to endure the problems I've had with my Priv again.
    Absolutely one of their worst built phones ever

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 10:42 PM
    Does the DTEK60 have any of the current problems that the Priv has? My Priv, (moved from Z30 for app ability) is about to drive me to leaving BB. It gets hot, battery life is pitiful and seems to every so often hit a period where I can almost watch the battery level go down with no apps open. It locks up on me occasionally, especially if it's been sitting unused for a while. I lost the ability for custom contact ringtones when the Marshmallow upgrade hit. And I often have a problem with bluetooth connectivity on media playback - the sound will breakup, until I restart the phone. I've been steeling myself to go to a Samsung, but hate to give up some of the BB features I love (Keyboard, BB apps, hub, etc.). I can live with many of the other issues people have noted on this thread (lack of FM receiver, mono notification light, etc.), but do not want to endure the problems I've had with my Priv again.
    Never experienced any of these issues. Also, the camera on the DTek is the best one I own.

Also, if I wanted to be taking professional photos, I'd get a DSLR or the like, and be photoshopping them, not adding effects to a picture taken on a phone and expecting the world.

This phone is simply amazing.
    01-18-17 01:36 AM
    Lol I totally agree ...I simply love this phone great for work , and play kudos to BlackBerry and TCL I'm sure the Mercury /dtek70 will be just as good
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-18-17 02:14 PM
    I don't own a dtek60 but I certainly liked what I knew about it. However, with the mercury coming out, possible foldable phones (not flip phones), a Nokia landscape pkb hi spec phone, etc, there are so many great new devices coming out really soon!

That's the thing about tech products. There's always a newer cooler product the next month...

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-18-17 02:18 PM
    I don't own a dtek60 but I certainly liked what I knew about it. However, with the mercury coming out, possible foldable phones (not flip phones), a Nokia landscape pkb hi spec phone, etc, there are so many great new devices coming out really soon!

That's the thing about tech products. There's always a newer cooler product the next month...

Nokia is coming out with a landscape pkb device?

And foldable phones? I saw a patent by apple for that but it seems years away

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 10:34 PM
    LG, samsung, windows all have foldable phones coming this year. Watch for them. I wouldn't advise buying yet, the tech is probably still rough. Get a mercury and see the next gen of foldable phones in 2018.

As for landscape pkb phones, Nokia may be announcing the xpress music NX really soon. The concept art is jaw dropping.

01-19-17 12:14 AM
    Simply wondering if there are any regrets from current DTEK60 owners after buying the phone. Any buyer's remorse? Or are you not satisfied with the device after having used it for awhile?

Certainly hoping for only positive feedback here, but let's see what we get. Sound off DTEK60 owners!!
    Not at all. Very pleased. Battery life has been a very pleasant surprise
    01-19-17 11:28 AM
    It will be a month with my DTEK60 and there is so much more that I could do with this phone. I really love this device and would not want to turn back.
    01-20-17 05:27 AM
    A large regret in moving from the Passport to the DTEK60 is the OS. I would much rather use the BB OS than Android. Android is not nearly as smooth as BB. I am very much underwhelmed with the Android OS speed, accuracy, and consistency. It seems to get hung up sometimes for no apparent reason (e.g. the phone is slow in reacting at times even though I do not open a lot of programs and generally close them once I finish using them). I am not sure what phone is in my future but I do know that unless BB returns to their OS, it will not be a BB . . . unfortunately.
    Randy Jones likes this.
    01-20-17 09:49 AM
    Hopefully I get to win the current one. If not I will wait for Z30 to die off to make the move to it or the next best BlackBerry flavor at that time.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 09:06 AM
    no regrets, more disappointed that i had to return it due to sim card tray problem. I am looking at getting another, none in stock where I got it from and got a great deal on. Very comparable to other flagships.
    01-21-17 10:16 AM
    It's 2 different OSes but they should have an emulated environment that makes IT possible for Blackberry apps to cross function on android os...I remember that you can now run android apps on Blackberry platform....starting with Blackberry 10 especially that Amazon app
    02-28-17 09:45 AM
    Been using an iPhone 6 for a month. I'm in hell. I am amazed at the level of sincere hatred that I harbour for this device..... I'm selling it and going back to my Z10. I have no idea why apple sells so many phones, in my opinion it doesn't do anything very well other than **** me off. And they have no shortage of crappy apps that crash unexpectedly. I will be going to a DTek as soon as possible. How blackberry went bust almost while apple took over the world of phones is beyond me
    Marketing, marketing, marketing. I know people who couldn't wait to get the FIRST iPhone before they ever saw one.
    02-28-17 02:40 PM
    Se me acaba de romper la pantalla de mi Q10 y ahora mismo estoy sumido en un mar de dudas, no se si la KEYone o la DTEK60.
    Estoy acostumbrado al PKB de la Q10 y la keyone sería una buena alternativa, pero estos días estoy usando una Huawey P9 de 5,2" y tampoco tengo ningún problema con el teclado tactil, por tanto, como el teclado me daría igual , qué opinais vosotros,
    03-07-17 04:26 PM
    Se me acaba de romper la pantalla de mi Q10 y ahora mismo estoy sumido en un mar de dudas, no se si la KEYone o la DTEK60.
    Estoy acostumbrado al PKB de la Q10 y la keyone sería una buena alternativa, pero estos días estoy usando una Huawey P9 de 5,2" y tampoco tengo ningún problema con el teclado tactil, por tanto, como el teclado me daría igual , qué opinais vosotros,
    Tengo el mismo problema!! Me hace falta el PKB del Q10, pero, después del Z30 estoy acostumbrada usar el tactil. Me gusta que la batería dura más en el KEYone, pero el Detek60 me interesa mucho. Debemos comprar los dos?????

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic > Detek50
    03-07-17 06:50 PM
    Thank you for raising such a conclusive question. My PRIV faces the same issues. And it is driving me up the wall. I am considering leaving BlackBerry, as well.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-07-17 08:17 PM
    No issues here the device has been awesome very smooth.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 10:30 PM
    I regret not listening to the reports on this forum about the weak screen, it's an awesome phone better than the priv easier to hold but u need a glass screen protector from day one!!
    03-08-17 03:10 AM
    De momento estoy con Huawei reconvertida a BlackBerry como si fuera una DTEK50 y vista la experiencia de usuario creo que con la DTEK 60, 5,5 inch, 4G RAM y 32 memoria interna, será una màquina infernal.
    Creo que la decisión está tomada: DTEK60

Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-img_20170307_222832_1.jpg
    cjmooresmailman likes this.
    03-08-17 07:05 AM
    Mi pobre Q10 con las tripas fueras
    Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-img_20170226_162419.jpg
    03-08-17 07:51 AM
    Aqui ya totalmente recuperada.

Pasarà a la reserva en cuanto tenga la DTEK60 y guardaré siempre un buen recuerdo de ella.

Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-img_20170226_174519.jpg
    03-08-17 07:57 AM
    Aqui ya totalmente recuperada.

Pasarà a la reserva en cuanto tenga la DTEK60 y guardaré siempre un buen recuerdo de ella.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170226_174519.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	418954
    Hay que cambiar su nombre!
    03-08-17 08:43 AM
    Si claro, ahora tendría que ser "enganchado a Android" pero no me gusta nada Android, al contrario, lo odio y si no fuera por que necesito WhatsApp no me habría movido nunca de la Q10 hasta su muerte definitiva.
    Así que incluso con la DTEK60 o con la Keyone, seguiré enganchado a OS10.
    03-08-17 10:58 AM
    Si claro, ahora tendría que ser "enganchado a Android" pero no me gusta nada Android, al contrario, lo odio y si no fuera por que necesito WhatsApp no me habría movido nunca de la Q10 hasta su muerte definitiva.
    Así que incluso con la DTEK60 o con la Keyone, seguiré enganchado a OS10.
    Estoy de acuerdo. Aprendí BB10 en una semana. Estoy luchando con mi Dtek50 por 3 meses, y, hasta ahora no estoy completamente cómoda. Pero se que es el futuro y no hay remedio. A lo mejor comprare un Dtek60 cuando baja el precio.
    Escrito con mi amigo, el Z30!!

BB 9000 > Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic> Dtek50
    03-08-17 05:32 PM
    Absolutely one of their worst built phones ever

Posted via CB10
    Name a phone from the new DroidBerry ,that isn't the "worst"
    03-08-17 07:21 PM
249 ... 56789 ...