Doesn't have OIS, speakers are not as loud as Passport, camera quality is meh, and the battery sucks compared to Passport.

No RGB LED? Really? No thanks.

Waiting for Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you're getting your info from. I had a passport... now have a DTEK60.

not sure the speakers are less loud on D60. I haven't noticed a difference.

camera quality on D60 is far better than on Passport. Both front and rear cameras. front camera on passport was hardly useable.

Battery life on D60 easily as good. I mess with the settings a lot to set it up the way i want and not waste data/battery on stuff i dont care about, and I've been getting nearly 2 days out of it. no different than my passport when it was new.
    11-16-16 07:00 AM
    I have my dtek60 for almost three weeks. Actually it's a so so experience for me. First I came from a passport, but I had a z30 and a z10. I find the build quality and design of the dtek60 to be inferior to these phones. I must say while android seems fine, and certainly access to some google services is great, particularly maps, I find this phone really slows down a lot if more than three apps are open. The hub can also be jittery. I really get frustrated with the phone App too. On the other side fast charging for the battery is great and the camera is the best yet. But I find I do not type well on the keyboard. Really I am mixed.
    11-17-16 05:26 AM
    Give the keyboard some time. I found the same thing too, but with time it comes.
    11-17-16 08:42 AM
    Give the keyboard some time. I found the same thing too, but with time it comes.
    i disabled the keyboard vibrate feedback yesterday, and enabled the pop up keys, and like it better. i seem to be typing faster and more accurately.
    11-17-16 09:18 AM
    No regrets so far. I'm coming from 2 years of Z30 that replaced a 1.5 year old Z10. Navigation isn't as quick as BB10, but that's just the nature of the OS.

This is my first Android device and I can say that it is pretty decent. I can't compare performance to other Android devices but it handles everything without slowdown or hiccup. I think this amount of performance is required to run Android smoothly.

Wish list: media volume button control like BB10, better hub integration such as quick responding to messages in the hub, ability to fast reply to quick view messages. These aren't decision breakers but they certainly made BB10 very convenient to use
    11-17-16 12:52 PM
    Keep those comments coming in! I have a Priv (work) and DTEK50 (personal). Trying my best to resist the temptation to upgrade from the hot / throttling 808 on the Priv, to the better efficiency of the 820 on the DTEK60. I was very annoyed at my Priv for throttling/throwing heat warning messages during a crucial video capture time during my vacation in Disneyworld. One of my captured stills was distorted quite severely in a wavey pattern. This has been my one and only occurrence of the warning message - unfortunately during a crucial time. This has made me consider the DTEK60. Speakerphone also sucks balls.

I enjoy using the pkb on my priv but I am not adverse to using the vkb. I use the pkb maybe 70% of the time.

I am reluctant otherwise to part with the Priv considering the full price I paid and that I do think it looks and feels really nice in my hand.
    Last edited by ajwan; 11-17-16 at 04:21 PM.
    11-17-16 03:19 PM
    It's weird but my I like my dtek50 better then my dtek60. I think it run better then my 60. I wish the dtek50 had the same body built as dtek60. Glass and solid metal frame.
    11-19-16 04:09 PM
    Nope, and happy to have bought it factory-unlocked so I'm finally free of carrier-driven OS updates (and Verizon altogether).
    11-20-16 11:28 AM
    Great info guys!
    11-24-16 03:10 PM
    hey am with AT&T what kind of sim card dos this phone take? i have a moto G 4 right now and when i 1st got it i needed a nano sim would i be able too still used my nano sim card?
    11-24-16 03:15 PM
    As someone who is currently using a fabulous Z30, I find the DTEK60 a very Google centric phone. It appears that the email app is a gmail app which for someone like myself who is buried with email from 3 accounts, the gmail app is terrible, I have not figured out how to rapidly delete emails like you can on a Z30 or Passport. I am also having difficulty with connecting to our exchange service for calendar and contact sync, as Google does not support Active Sync. Which leads to the question as to whether there is another email app available that is similar to BB10 email and calendar apps, which for email, no other device can match IMO. Otherwise, for those who are really into the social media apps or the Google world, the DTEK60 seems to be a really good device. BTW, the charging indicator is the best! Love that long green line and fine print while charging.
    11-24-16 06:18 PM
    As someone who is currently using a fabulous Z30, I find the DTEK60 a very Google centric phone. It appears that the email app is a gmail app which for someone like myself who is buried with email from 3 accounts, the gmail app is terrible, I have not figured out how to rapidly delete emails like you can on a Z30 or Passport. I am also having difficulty with connecting to our exchange service for calendar and contact sync, as Google does not support Active Sync. Which leads to the question as to whether there is another email app available that is similar to BB10 email and calendar apps, which for email, no other device can match IMO. Otherwise, for those who are really into the social media apps or the Google world, the DTEK60 seems to be a really good device. BTW, the charging indicator is the best! Love that long green line and fine print while charging.
    Hard press the email you want to delete then a garbage can on the top comes up. Faster than hub. I use Google calender as it does a good job of syncing with everything I do.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 06:25 PM
    Hard press is tedius, compared to Select More on BB10. Discovered that setting up email accounts through the hub is actually a better choice rather than a separate app (hub seems to have its own email app). It also allowed me to set up the exchange account. In the hub, I discovered you can set up swipe options which includes delete. I set up right swipe on email header which brings up the delete options. Not as nice as Select More, but easier than using the trash icon at the top. Maybe a Select More enhancement later inside the 3 dot icon?
    11-24-16 08:06 PM
    Umm yeah, any Android is "google-centric". you can disable a lot of it. I disabled the Google app, gmail, music, video, etc. You don't need to use it.

I agree, Gmail app IS awful. But again, you can disable it. You can have Hub run all your emails and accounts as an email app + other app notifications built into it. That's what I do and have 6 email accounts + whatsapp + SMS + IG + call logs + messenger all running through my Hub. Hub IS the email accounts app. Works just like it did on BB OS. A lot of people don't seem to realize this. Open hub, add accounts!
    robin11 likes this.
    11-25-16 07:10 AM
    Upgraded from the Z10 and after 3 weeks I am feeling comfortable with the differences in Android. I use the Hub for all my email, text and BBM, etc. and find it to be close enough to BB10. Those apps that I have installed which I had the BB10 versions before are generally better implementations with more features. Sadly many come with more ads. In all I am very pleased with the Dtek60.
    11-26-16 07:49 AM
    hey am with AT&T what kind of sim card dos this phone take? i have a moto G 4 right now and when i 1st got it i needed a nano sim would i be able too still used my nano sim card?
    It uses a nano Sim card so you'll be fine.
    11-26-16 11:07 AM
    Hard press is tedius, compared to Select More on BB10. Discovered that setting up email accounts through the hub is actually a better choice rather than a separate app (hub seems to have its own email app). It also allowed me to set up the exchange account. In the hub, I discovered you can set up swipe options which includes delete. I set up right swipe on email header which brings up the delete options. Not as nice as Select More, but easier than using the trash icon at the top. Maybe a Select More enhancement later inside the 3 dot icon?
    Inside the DTEK60 Hub, I set left swipe to delete, and right swipe to mark "read" or "unread" . Just like I had set it on my Passport Hub.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    11-26-16 12:25 PM
    Been via the Z10, Z30 and Priv - no regrets whatsoever. This phone can do so much more. The Android opens up so much stuff and retains the classy design and best software features of BlackBerry.
    11-26-16 12:46 PM
    Been via the Z10, Z30 and Priv - no regrets whatsoever. This phone can do so much more. The Android opens up so much stuff and retains the classy design and best software features of BlackBerry.
    agreed. well said. I thought I would miss OS10... luckily thanks to Hub+ it retains all the stuff I cared most about.
    fanBBRY and LoveMyLBZ like this.
    11-28-16 07:30 AM
    A bloody good phone.
    Even a bloody good BlackBerry.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-16-16 08:12 AM
    Right now have both dtel60 and 50. Both are fantastic. Dtek60 is a bit too big for my liking but the camera is better on that. So I might keep the 60 and return the 50

Best android phone around, no questions. I've tried all flagship phones including Xperia, LG g5 and google pixel. Nothing beats the BlackBerry android OS
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-16-16 10:51 AM
    I heard it has speakerphone isues tho

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-16-16 11:14 AM
    The phone is great, the only thing that is not making it for me is the proximity sensor accuracy. Phone needs to be sticking to your ear for the screen to turn off, tried with an iPhone, it is significantly a longer distance when the screen goes off, and that is how it should be. I keep finding myself touching mute and cancelling calls and dropping down menu while talking
    That's what I experienced with passport as well. Many times!
    12-16-16 12:22 PM
    Any regrets? Yes. On paper the HW is good. However in my experience quality of said HW is not so good. I should have just got an S7.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 08:44 PM
    Simply wondering if there are any regrets from current DTEK60 owners after buying the phone. Any buyer's remorse? Or are you not satisfied with the device after having used it for awhile?

Certainly hoping for only positive feedback here, but let's see what we get. Sound off DTEK60 owners!!
    Good question - yes. I wanted to experience blackberry on android. But I have the feeling that while it's good, I will likely make the inevitable jump to iPhone next time... unless more focus on phones by BlackBerry is evident. Drek60 is a good economical phone, but for me, not a flagship.
    12-20-16 05:54 AM
249 ... 34567 ...