Had my one for a couple of days now, switched from a PRIV which had become very temperamental when charging.

Anyway I am impressed. Seems faster, the Bluetooth has a seriously decent signal, the loud speakers are also impressive.

Missing the RGB notifications light. Red is better than nothing , but it is not a big flash. The notification audio level and vibrations could be louder as per phone ringtone.

Placement of the power button and the volume keys seems a bit high up relative to the priv. Hopefully that will be something I adjust to.

Phone seems a bit thin, not as solid as the priv or the z30.

Early days yet and I am sure it is just primarily a case of adjustment.

Screen does not seem noticeably bigger than the Z30.

The fast charge is awesome.

Screen touch sensitivity very responsive, even with a screen protector on.
    Last edited by Slamdunc1; 11-14-16 at 03:39 AM.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-13-16 04:47 AM
    Liking the finger print scanner.

Like how I can unlock the phone and wake using a finger print. Don't have to use the power button, which is good due to the placement of it.
    Last edited by Slamdunc1; 11-14-16 at 03:41 AM.
    11-13-16 09:32 AM
    Transitioning from a passport and I must say thoroughly impressed at how smooth the DTEK is as well as the hub setup. I was prepared for a poor experience but to the contrary. I'm hooked now.
    11-13-16 03:43 PM
    Transitioning from a passport and I must say thoroughly impressed at how smooth the DTEK is as well as the hub setup. I was prepared for a poor experience but to the contrary. I'm hooked now.
    This is a noteworthy review coming from a keyboard guy. Awesome!
    11-13-16 03:52 PM
    Seems like a lot of folks here are transitioning from a BB10 device... Anybody coming to the DTEK60 from a flagship Android? Like an S6, S7, Nexus 6P, etc.?
    11-13-16 07:21 PM
    Phone audio not as good as priv. Volume level is not as loud.
    I had call volume at about 50% on the PRIV, on 100% on the DTEK60 and would like it louder.

To clarify the receiver audio works , volume can be raised or lowered - it just doesn't seem to be as loud / good as the priv is in that regard.

Notifications volume also seems anaemic to me .

Anyone else experiencing the same?
    Last edited by Slamdunc1; 11-14-16 at 06:44 AM.
    11-13-16 09:16 PM
    Go with the leather flip case for Dtek60. Very nice. www.Shopblackberry.com

store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.5063294000/categoryID.4793333400/parentCategoryID.61654400
    11-14-16 07:43 AM
    Really like the phone overall, but still using my DTEK50 as my daily driver.
    Curious as to why you don't switch given the larger battery of the '60. #Interestedin50
    11-14-16 01:52 PM
    keyboard
    im on the same page. coming from passport (keyboard or die mentality). So far no real complaints with the phone. i suck at typing on it but im sure i'll get better. I was an absolute killer with the physical keyboard on passport - i could type away furiously while maintaining eye contact with a person/having a convo, or while operating motorized vehicles without my eyes leaving the road.

setup
    i went through hell trying to set up the external storage as adoptable storage but it's doing what i want it to do now, so im happy (ive posted all about it).

Hub - doesn't update as fast as on BB10. not terrible, but I noticed it. One area i noticed it badly was with sent whatsapp messages. didnt update for close to an hour. as long as im not missing incoming mssgs no big deal.

BBM
    ads! - i think there are more than there were on BB10 OS. i dont remember seeing this many before. esp in feeds. and my channel feeds arent updating

battery life
    excellent. as good if not better than my passport when it was new. and the quick charge is amazing. under an hour for a full 100% charge.

everything else ive managed to set up so it can do essentially everything as well or better than passport did, so im really happy.

Only thing i'm really gonna miss is BB Blend. I loved using my BB Hub from my work computer.
    muindor likes this.
    11-14-16 05:06 PM
    Phone audio not as good as priv. Volume level is not as loud.
    I had call volume at about 50% on the PRIV, on 100% on the DTEK60 and would like it louder.

To clarify the receiver audio works , volume can be raised or lowered - it just doesn't seem to be as loud / good as the priv is in that regard.

Notifications volume also seems anaemic to me .

Anyone else experiencing the same?
    Same here. Also, call quality leaves much to be desired. Not even remotely close to BlackBerry Passport in this regard. Mediocre at best.
    trittandon likes this.
    11-14-16 05:14 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Arguably BlackBerry's best ever....

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    11-14-16 05:21 PM
    Know what you mean with getting used to it. I've love my BBs over the years but 10 was getting tough to deal with. I have the phone and by keeping it simple and uncluttered I've been making the transition ok. Hang in there.
    11-14-16 06:52 PM
    This is all I think about when this thread pops up in my email... lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Any regrets buying the DTEK60?-52037.jpg  
    ptaylor10 likes this.
    11-14-16 06:58 PM
    Same here. Also, call quality leaves much to be desired. Not even remotely close to BlackBerry Passport in this regard. Mediocre at best.
    Hopefully this is just a software thing similar to the notifications low volume and can be solved with an update. I am basing this on the face that music audio is not too bad. It is like their is a limiter in place.

I have reported this to BlackBerry. If I get any feedback I will advise.
    Last edited by Slamdunc1; 11-14-16 at 08:12 PM.
    11-14-16 06:58 PM
    It's a great phone !! Coming off Priv and Classic combo.
    11-14-16 07:09 PM
    0 regret! Just got the it in the mail and omg. I can't believe this is the best feeling/build BlackBerry ever! And they didn't even make it. A little light for my liking but whatever.
    11-14-16 07:45 PM
    No regrets. Love my DTEK60. More than any other BB phone i have had (I think i have had 8 others). The only issue is AT&T will not white list the DTEK60 for use in hotspot and tethering.......I actually pack my Priv in my bag in case I need to swap sims and use hotspot.......Lame.
    wow, I use the hotspot/tether function a fair amount.

edit: on my Samsung S5 (and previously on the Classic and the Passport)

Last edited by danpass; 11-15-16 at 02:05 PM.
    11-15-16 10:11 AM
    wow, I use the hotspot/tether function a fair amount.
    how do you create a wifi hotspot for others using your mobile internet connection?
    11-15-16 01:59 PM
    how do you create a wifi hotspot for others using your mobile internet connection?
    Reading it again, I can see how it looks lol.

I meant that I use it a lot, in general. I've done it with my Classic, Passport and now a Samsung S5.

I'd very much like to be able to use it the same way on the DTEK60.
    11-15-16 02:04 PM
    Only thing i'm really gonna miss is BB Blend. I loved using my BB Hub from my work computer.
    No Blend functionality at all?

bummer.
    11-15-16 02:07 PM
    Reading it again, I can see how it looks lol.

I meant that I use it a lot, in general. I've done it with my Classic, Passport and now a Samsung S5.

I'd very much like to be able to use it the same way on the DTEK60.
    maybe there is a way... i just havent found it yet. im only a couple days in

No Blend functionality at all?

bummer.
    dont think so, but again, I could be wrong. just havent found it yet. I'm hoping some savvy veterans can show us the way!
    11-15-16 02:13 PM
    maybe there is a way... i just havent found it yet. im only a couple days in

dont think so, but again, I could be wrong. just havent found it yet. I'm hoping some savvy veterans can show us the way!
    blend doesn't work for any of the BB android phones....sorry.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-15-16 02:31 PM
    Tethering workaround (if you have a laptop with Bluetooth in it):

1. Remove SIM.
    2. Turn on phone, sign into play store.
    3. Find and load PDANet (June Fabrics is the publisher.)
    4. Replace SIM (AT&T blocks that app from being seen -- and yes, Google allows MCC/MNC blacklists. Surprise!)
    5. Load the "helper" on said laptop (basically just a DUN interface, you don't need it but it makes it one-click.)
    6. Pair phone and laptop.
    7. Start PDANet on phone, enable Bluetooth.
    8. Connect from the laptop; you're in.

Yes, you can "HOME" key out of PDANet and it will remain running.

PDANet has a "paid" version (cheap, one-time cost) that is unrestricted -- try it first to make sure it works for you before paying. I bought a license many, many years ago and it's still valid of course (as is always true for Play Store activation keys.)

Note that if you use this to get around tethering restrictions on your account you're risking being blackballed (e.g. on Straight Talk) and it is TRIVIALLY easy for the carrier to know you're doing it with packet inspection (e.g. browser headers.) MOST carriers do in fact inspect browser headers among other things these days; this has been going on for 10 years and they can and do use it blackball people or immediately shut down attempted tethering restriction violations among other purposes.

But on an AT&T account where you have tethering as a valid option that you are paying for there is no TOS violation for them to complain about. It is also both more-secure and (much more) battery-friendly than a WiFi hotspot, but only works for things that have a Bluetooth radio in them on the target side (obviously) and is slower than the performance you can get out of a WiFi link. It is plenty fast enough for most laptop uses; the exception is probably streaming media (I can watch my Youtubes on the phone so I don't care.)
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-15-16 at 03:09 PM.
    11-15-16 02:57 PM
    Doesn't have OIS, speakers are not as loud as Passport, camera quality is meh, and the battery sucks compared to Passport.

No RGB LED? Really? No thanks.

Waiting for Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 04:16 PM
    None, yet.

If the Mercury is the last BlackBerry then I think this would be the swan song for me.
    11-15-16 04:17 PM
249 ... 23456 ...