Now if we could only get the big case companies to actually make cases for BB again - Otterbox, Seidio, Lifeproof
    While not likely to be branded for BlackBerry you'll no doubt be able to find some for devices built on the reference design.
    11-11-16 04:00 PM
    Just remember if you pay $650 for bundle from CrackBerry you get case , quick charger and battery pack that's about $170 extras so phone is about $480 for phone. Not sure how long the sale will be on for and don't think they will drop the price for a while . I have Z10-Z30-Leap-Classic-Passport-Priv-Dtek60. So far loving it. But not sure if you should go by me ,cause I am all BlackBerry now never had anything else since HTC Legend and HTC One S.
    I will never buy anything else but BlackBerry .

2B or not 2B ?
    Me 4ever 2B......Blackberry....can't....UC?

So I guess I'm saying get it if you don't really need keyboard and regular radio.
    11-12-16 12:52 AM
    Both the DTEK50 and 60 are taller than the Priv. The Priv is further away, so it looks smaller. The official specification for Priv says it is 5.79 inches tall but it is actually only about 5.66 inches, so the Priv is actually shorter than it looks in this image from the Phone Arena:
    The dtek50 is shorter, the specs measurements are wrong.

There's something wrong with you? You keep posting the same inaccurate information, reminded countless times it is the dtek50 that's shorter, you even admitted you switched them up by mistake and now you're back at it again claiming the dtek50 is taller lolll

For the record, the dtek50 is shorter by a little bit, than both Priv and 60.

#workwide #OG Black
    11-12-16 07:55 AM
    I would consider it - if it had wireless charging.
    11-12-16 09:48 AM
    Very happy with the Dtek60. Very fast and fluid. It's as good as my IPhone 6s, if not better in some ways. My PRIV was getting quite laggy!
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-12-16 10:45 AM
    Upgraded from the priv on Friday. US version of the DTEK60 on Singtel in Singapore.

Forced upgrade as my PRIV became ever increasing hard to charge as I suspect a wire or something was lose with the micro use port. Also noticed a bit of lagging.

Loved my priv, never used the pkb.

So my observations
    Dtek60 is way fast you finitely notice the improved chip set and 4G ROM

Screen is great very clear and highly responsive. I notice that outdoors it is much easier to see.

Loud speakers are pretty awesome, I think better than my Z30 but definitely better than the priv.

Not a camera guy but it seems to be on par with the priv.

Phone signal seems pretty good, but then I never really had issues.

Battery really can't compare yet. I have been setting up and playing around with it the past couple of days. Today is the first day in the wild so to speak and I have had it off the charger for 13 hours , with 44 % battery left and SOT of 3.5 hours and Bluetooth, wifi and GpS connected streaming for a couple of hours on Spotify, lots of emails (5 accounts set up) , Whatsapps , phone calls etc. I would say I am a medium user though all relative there.

Wifi is amazing. I have upgraded my router and on 5G I get speeds of 325 Mbps

In hand the phone feels a lot lighter and less bulky compared to the priv. That said it doesn't feel as solid , but I think that is just a case of getting used to something different. No question on quality , the DTEK60 seems well made and not a cheap bit of kit.

The placement of the power button and volume up and down keys to me seems too high on the phone especially in relation to the priv which I found were located optimally. I think if you have small hands it might be a problem.

However I found the finger print scanner quite cool and I use this to wake and unlock the phone , which seems natural and reduces the need to use the power button as much.

Problems I have found
    Notifications and phone ringtone and vibration are pretty average . Very sub par in relation to the priv. Notifications to me sound tinny and the ringtone is just not loud enough. Likewise with the vibration it is adequate . That said I think it is a software issue, as using the BlackBerry virtual test notifications are louder and with the impressive speakers it would seem crazy that this can't be improved on.
    Same with the vibration , it appears more noticeable in the testing than when you actually have notifications.

The phone audio receiver (listening to phone calls without the loud speakers or a headset) volume is average. On the priv I would have the volume at 50% on the DTEK60 I have it at 100% and would like it to go higher. So on that front the DTEK60 is no where near as clear or as good as the priv. Hopefully this can be improved with the software .

I was one of those people who highly customised the LED Notifications , wg green for Whatsapp, blue for emails, pink for phone calls, red for texts , silver for BBM. Now everything is red due to the Red only LED. That red LED light is a anaemic in comparison to the priv. However not a show stopper to me I can change . Though I still miss my rainbow disco Notification i had with my z30, that was cool.

In summary I like the DTEK60, I think if BlackBerry can enhance the notification and ringtone volume and improve on the phone audio volume level I could fall in love with it.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-14-16 06:20 AM
    5G wifi speed
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-35027.jpg  
    11-14-16 06:33 AM
    I'm satisfied with the Priv at this point. The only reason to switch would be price point, meaning if someone offered the dtek60 at a unbelievable price you couldn't deny the value in purchasing.

It looks like a great device but I don't believe it's enough to sway over the majority of exist Priv owners. If it had come out when I was still using my Z30, I would have definitely pick the detek60 over the Priv.
    11-14-16 06:40 AM
    Upgraded from the priv on Friday. US version of the DTEK60 on Singtel in Singapore.

Forced upgrade as my PRIV became ever increasing hard to charge as I suspect a wire or something was lose with the micro use port. Also noticed a bit of lagging.

Loved my priv, never used the pkb.

So my observations
    Dtek60 is way fast you finitely notice the improved chip set and 4G ROM

Screen is great very clear and highly responsive. I notice that outdoors it is much easier to see.

Loud speakers are pretty awesome, I think better than my Z30 but definitely better than the priv.

Not a camera guy but it seems to be on par with the priv.

Phone signal seems pretty good, but then I never really had issues.

Battery really can't compare yet. I have been setting up and playing around with it the past couple of days. Today is the first day in the wild so to speak and I have had it off the charger for 13 hours , with 44 % battery left and SOT of 3.5 hours and Bluetooth, wifi and GpS connected streaming for a couple of hours on Spotify, lots of emails (5 accounts set up) , Whatsapps , phone calls etc. I would say I am a medium user though all relative there.

Wifi is amazing. I have upgraded my router and on 5G I get speeds of 325 Mbps

In hand the phone feels a lot lighter and less bulky compared to the priv. That said it doesn't feel as solid , but I think that is just a case of getting used to something different. No question on quality , the DTEK60 seems well made and not a cheap bit of kit.

The placement of the power button and volume up and down keys to me seems too high on the phone especially in relation to the priv which I found were located optimally. I think if you have small hands it might be a problem.

However I found the finger print scanner quite cool and I use this to wake and unlock the phone , which seems natural and reduces the need to use the power button as much.

Problems I have found
    Notifications and phone ringtone and vibration are pretty average . Very sub par in relation to the priv. Notifications to me sound tinny and the ringtone is just not loud enough. Likewise with the vibration it is adequate . That said I think it is a software issue, as using the BlackBerry virtual test notifications are louder and with the impressive speakers it would seem crazy that this can't be improved on.
    Same with the vibration , it appears more noticeable in the testing than when you actually have notifications.

The phone audio receiver (listening to phone calls without the loud speakers or a headset) volume is average. On the priv I would have the volume at 50% on the DTEK60 I have it at 100% and would like it to go higher. So on that front the DTEK60 is no where near as clear or as good as the priv. Hopefully this can be improved with the software .

I was one of those people who highly customised the LED Notifications , wg green for Whatsapp, blue for emails, pink for phone calls, red for texts , silver for BBM. Now everything is red due to the Red only LED. That red LED light is a anaemic in comparison to the priv. However not a show stopper to me I can change . Though I still miss my rainbow disco Notification i had with my z30, that was cool.

In summary I like the DTEK60, I think if BlackBerry can enhance the notification and ringtone volume and improve on the phone audio volume level I could fall in love with it.
    Now that I have time to check out the battery over a longer period . I can advise that it is awesome. Seriously awesome after I made minor changes ( turning off continuous wifi scanning for location, wifi set to always on on advanced wifi settings, battery otipmisation on, greenify for example) to optimise battery life.

Now I get 18.5 hours off the charger , with almost 6 hours of SOT.
    11-19-16 07:36 AM
    SOT
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-35800.jpg  
    11-19-16 07:37 AM
    Usage
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-35801.jpg  
    11-19-16 07:38 AM
    Facebook is going. 5% battery usage and I have barely used it.
    11-19-16 07:43 AM
    A good friend of mine who has both the priv and the dtek60 is now much much happier with the dtek. Only complaint he has is the already known issue of no hotspot with att.
    11-19-16 09:05 AM
    A good friend of mine who has both the priv and the dtek60 is now much much happier with the dtek. Only complaint he has is the already known issue of no hotspot with att.
    Guess your friend didn't use the pkb much?
    11-19-16 07:05 PM
    Guess your friend didn't use the pkb much?
    I have had the following devices:

� Torch 2 (9810) slider with OS7 / pkb / vkb
    � Z30 with OS10 / vkb only
    � Passport SE with OS10 / pkb / vkb
    � PRIV slider with Android / pkb / vkb
    � Dtek60 with Android / vkb only

I can say that each of the devices was excellent each in their own right. BlackBerry has always produced quality handhelds, and more than any other manufacturer has been driven to create innovative devices to meet market wants.

I have had the DTEK60 for about ten days, and I can say the following:

- Solid, well constructed professional device.

- Thinner and lighter than the PRIV, and more rigid.

- No heating problems as with the PRIV.

- Good four speakers on DTEK60, but not as loud as the Z30.

- The DTEK60 5.5" display is slightly larger than the 5.4" on the PRIV, but the DTEK60 display seems much larger because it is brighter and colours more vibrant due to higher pixel density.

- VKB on par with PRIV since they are both Android. I still miss the performance of the original BlackBerry OS10 vkb on the Z30 and the Passport since the predictive text in multiple languages was more accurate. The BlackBerry vkb on the DTEK60 and the PRIV are very good, but not as excellent as the original OS10 version.

- Cameras: The DTEK60 21MP Camera is excellent, and in default setting produces wider panoramic shots than the PRIV 18MP camera. The 18MP camera on the PRIV is nonetheless excellent, and I have had many compliments on the photos I post on line. I find the DTEK60 21MP camera is at least as good or even better, and have had compliments on the DTEK60 21MP photos as well. I have not had problems with "low light" that some have claimed. The front facing 8MP camera on the DTEK60 is also far superior to the front facing 2MP camera on the PRIV.

- Scrolling, navigating, and Web surfing is faster on the DTEK60 both because it has a better processor than the PRIV, but also because after a year of use my PRIV has naturally slowed down as most devices do with extensive use.

- I really like the fingerprint sensor to access the phone. The phone lights up immediately. This is a first for BlackBerry.

- Charging is fast with either the stock charger or the traveller "rapid recharger."

- A case is a must since the DTEK60 is thin and slippery given the glass on both the back and front. I have put on the BlackBerry OEM "soft case.". I have also put on a screen protector. Note that the camera lens does protrude slightly with the soft case, but the camera lens protrudes on the PRIV too.

- The earphone jack is on the top of the Dtek60 where it should be, whereas it was on the bottom on the PRIV.

- So far calls seem clear. I never dropped a call with my other BlackBerry devices. Note that Z30 had the innovative Paratek antenna. Time will tell whether the DTEK60 is as good for voice calls.

- The is no pkb on the DTEK60, and I occasionally miss that.

- There is a flashing message LED on the DTEK60, but only in red.

- What I really miss is the accuracy of the original OS10 BlackBerry software on the vkb with excellent predictive text and auto correct in multiple languages, on both the Z30 and Passport SE. Neither the Android PRIV nor Dtek60 have that level of accuracy, although their vkb's are still very good.

Overall I find the DTEK60 to be a nice upgrade from the PRIV, with solid metal and glass construction, same BlackBerry features like Hub, keyboard, security, and message LED, great cameras front and back, but with access to tons of Android and Google apps. The price and free accessories available at BlackBerry and Crackberry make the DTEK60 a winner!

These are my thoughts!

TonyTheCanuck
    Peter MacCabe likes this.
    11-20-16 11:11 AM
    You can not give led color to the contacts, those are very bad
    06-08-17 09:46 AM
    Looking at you guys rave about the battery life and camera saying how super slick it is and how efficient etc is making me consider dumping the priv for this.

Any guys made the jump? Anything worth mentioning?

Thanks guys.
    We had two Priv's, jumped ship the second the 60 came out. Still have both, but the Priv is a paper weight right now. Love the 60's, just a shame it has little to no support or accessories.
    06-08-17 04:33 PM
    I have both priv and dtek60. love both of them. they have different selling point but the 60 is my primary phone..
    06-08-17 05:04 PM
    I have both. like the looks of the PRIV but I hated how creaky it was. now use the 60 with a "leather" skin on the back. waiting a few months for Gen 2 production of the K1.
    06-08-17 09:55 PM
    I don't know . are they going to release another phone similar to the dteck 60 with android O in the fall or winter.
    06-09-17 10:21 AM
    I have both. like the looks of the PRIV but I hated how creaky it was. now use the 60 with a "leather" skin on the back. waiting a few months for Gen 2 production of the K1.
    What is a "leather skin" and where did you get it?

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-10-17 02:28 PM
    Looking at you guys rave about the battery life and camera saying how super slick it is and how efficient etc is making me consider dumping the priv for this.

Any guys made the jump? Anything worth mentioning?

Thanks guys.
    I loved my Priv - all 3 of them. The first was defective out of the box and replaced on warranty. The replacement lasted less than a year and it, too, was replaced. The mic failed on the 3rd in less than a year so I decided to switch to the DTEK60.

I think the Priv is a better looking phone and was disappointed in the DTEK's appearance. I rarely used the physical keyboard on the Priv except for scrolling so that was a non-factor in going to DTEK. The DTEK's fingerprint reader is much more useful than I anticipated.

I set the DTEK to stay unlocked at my home address. That didn't work so I tried setting it to stay unlocked when on me. That didn't work either. I find the phone sluggish in responding to screen taps, even freezing up for some seconds. That is disappointing but not surprising in view of my history with the Priv.

It's antenna is much better than that of the Iphone. My wife has Apple's latest version and it constantly drops calls while the DTEK remains online. I do like Blackberry's version of the Android OS - it's clean and well designed. Since my experience buying a Samsung from T-Mobile, I buy only factory unlocked phones to avoid a much bloatware as possible so DTEK fits the bill.

The DTEK is only months old but I'm hoping it will last a little longer than the Privs. I'm thinking that others building Blackberry phones could be a plus although I have no interest whatsoever in KEYone since I'd rather have screen space than a physical keyboard.

If there were a quality-built Priv with fingerprint capability, I'd go to it in a second. In the meantime DTEK is usable but nothing to generate excitement.
    06-11-17 10:39 AM
    Which network and where about is it please?
    06-18-17 10:53 AM
    Only complaint he has is the already known issue of no hotspot with att.
    Hotspot works fine on my AT&T DTEK60.
    06-19-17 03:46 PM
99 ... 234