I had the priv which I love and I jumped to the Dtek60 which I love even more. It's got better battery, better screen and it's way faster. The priv has trained me not to use the pkb anymore.
    What do you think of the cameras?
    11-05-16 08:59 AM
    There is a market here in the UK. Just sold mine on eBay auction for �315 and will ship to the buyer today.

My DTEK60 arrived Wednesday. Fantastic phone. Screen.. Awesome. Battery.. Awesome. Speed and smoothness.. Awesome.
    11-05-16 09:00 AM
    Looking at you guys rave about the battery life and camera saying how super slick it is and how efficient etc is making me consider dumping the priv for this.

Any guys made the jump? Anything worth mentioning?

Thanks guys.
    I predicted months before Priv launch that if they didn't move away from plastic and square design the sales would suffer. It came true and phone was a total failure.

Mgmt team is just incompetent and doesn't listen to consumers, especially me. Today I warned them about dtek70 design, if they don't change their top square and sharp design then it would face similar fate as Priv PP and other bbry phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:02 AM
    The camera is very good.
    11-05-16 10:05 AM
    I won't be jumping at this point as they still make a pkb device.
    11-05-16 11:20 AM
    Attachment 411252

Got both the Priv and Dtek60, to me they are excellent devices with both having advantages and disadvantages

Priv is heavier and thicker but excellent screen and for me is a lovely looking device with an excellent PKB, doing long business emails always feel better on PKB, but I am 54 years old not young and trendy but early build quality issues hurt this phones reputation, mine is fabulous

Dtek60 is very thin, looks and feels good, screen is excellent as the Priv, Could see far more young people and women buying this device rather than the Priv . Build looks and feels excellent

Only thing I don't like on Dtek is off centre charging point, but it's only a small issue

Thanks goodness I don't have to choose, Priv is now my business phone, Dtek60 is my personal phone...two great phones

Cheers

Simon

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the picture . Been waiting for mine for a week now, can't wait. Have PlayBook, Z10-Z30-Classic-Leap-Passport-Priv . Love them all for different reasons, but I found my Z30 might have a slight edge over others. Tomorrow I might say differently. Do you have a Z30 + Dtek60 side by side pic?
    11-05-16 02:24 PM
    I have both the Priv and DTEK 60.

I have to say the rear camera on the Priv seems to be slightly better so far, but only at night and in low light conditions. The results of the day time pictures seemed to be bit better on the DTEK 60 and the camera is definitely a lot snappier in performance compared to the Priv.

The front camera is not even worth comparing. The Priv was complete garbage and DTEK 60 front camera is on par with all the latest phones...finally. Having said that, I think there is a lot of room for improvement because the hardware is there... unlike the Priv.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-05-16 03:39 PM
    I have both the Priv and DTEK 60.

I have to say the rear camera on the Priv seems to be slightly better so far, but only at night and in low light conditions. The results of the day time pictures seemed to be bit better on the DTEK 60 and the camera is definitely a lot snappier in performance compared to the Priv.

The front camera is not even worth comparing. The Priv was complete garbage and DTEK 60 front camera is on par with all the latest phones...finally. Having said that, I think there is a lot of room for improvement because the hardware is there... unlike the Priv.
    I just ordered the DTEK60 bundle from Crackberry (phone, quick charger, leather case, and battery), along with the extra BlackBerry soft shell case.*

If you have already subscribed to Crackberry, and have received the most recent savings code, you can get an extra 10% off the extra accessory (i.e the soft case) for a limited time (i.e. $35.99 instead of $39.99).*

Shipping is free, and Crackberry offers the option of in-store pick up at their Quebec outlet in Longueuil on the South Shore of Montreal. Otherwise ground shipping within Canada is free.*

Note: All items presently out of stock and back ordered, and no word regarding delivery date.
    11-05-16 09:14 PM
    I meant "any DTEK60 owners have the issue with No Service" ??

I have that issue with my Priv and it's so bad that I need to get rid of it (the Priv).
    No issue with the DTEK60 on AT&T as of right now. No dropped calls and none of the "No Service" issues that my Priv has. Works like a champ!
    11-05-16 09:49 PM
    No issue with the DTEK60 on AT&T as of right now. No dropped calls and none of the "No Service" issues that my Priv has. Works like a champ!
    Do you have an option for a hot spot?
    11-05-16 11:19 PM
    How about hotspot?
    11-05-16 11:52 PM
    How about hotspot?
    I dropped AT&T 2 days ago for T-Mobile because they refused to address the lack of mobile hotspot. Said they did not support this service on "non-AT&T" phones bought "off the internet" .
    11-06-16 09:48 AM
    Do you have an option for a hot spot?
    Nope, the option is grayed out and cannot be accessed. I don't use hotspot anyways though but I know a lot of folks do.
    11-06-16 11:22 PM
    I made the switch and I love it. This is BlackBerry's best phone they've ever made imho. This phone is outstanding
    11-06-16 11:31 PM
    I do. I've had the issue for 2 months now. AT&T replaced the device early on before it was diagnosed as a software issue but the issue remains.

I have my DTEK60 now and I am much happier using this device.
    Where did you get the robot? He's so cute. Reminds me of the robot in the movie, Short Circuit.
    11-06-16 11:56 PM
    It's a Lego Wall-E from the the movie, Wall-E. You can get him at a Lego Store or order him online.
    11-07-16 12:26 AM
    Planning on making the switch myself but at this very moment the price tag is just a little high. If I win it here that'll be excellent or maybe in december with a holiday sale or something. I'm doing it one way or another.
    $650CAN is too much ? really?
    11-10-16 03:16 AM
    It's a Lego Wall-E from the the movie, Wall-E. You can get him at a Lego Store or order him online.
    love lego wall-e !
    11-10-16 03:22 AM
    $650CAN is too much ? really?
    You do realize people have different financial situations right?

So at the moment, yes, I'm not dropping $650 plus taxes on a new phone.
    11-10-16 08:11 AM
    You do realize people have different financial situations right?

So at the moment, yes, I'm not dropping $650 plus taxes on a new phone.
    Same here ..
    11-10-16 08:38 AM
    Same here ..
    Now the CrackBerry bundle at $650 is decent. It includes $150 worth of accessories and better ones that the shopblackberry bundle.
    11-10-16 09:35 AM
    Will likely pass on thee 50 and 60 and get the "coming soon" last in-house device
    11-10-16 07:43 PM
    Will likely pass on thee 50 and 60 and get the "coming soon" last in-house device
    Think that's a keyboard one?
    11-11-16 02:34 PM
    That's what Honest Jonny (Chen) just said... last In-house PKB.. Sure knows how to build anticipation... ha
    11-11-16 03:14 PM
    I just switched phone got here today, its AMAZING - best phone yet , they just keep getting better, (8530i, 9700, 9900, Z10, Z30, PRIV, DTEK60)

Playing around with it quick - Camera is fine, takes awesome photos just as good as the PRIV was - its fast , charges fast with the stock charger.

Now if we could only get the big case companies to actually make cases for BB again - Otterbox, Seidio, Lifeproof
    11-11-16 03:36 PM
99 1234