Anyone have that No Service thing on att?
    11-03-16 08:54 PM
    Anyone have that No Service thing on att?
    I do. I've had the issue for 2 months now. AT&T replaced the device early on before it was diagnosed as a software issue but the issue remains.

I have my DTEK60 now and I am much happier using this device.
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-18400.jpg  
    11-03-16 09:22 PM
    A picture of my priv and new DTEK60
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-18436.jpg  
    hammer40, cyblitz and OliHipster like this.
    11-03-16 09:23 PM
    Yes I like the 60 far more than Priv. I always wish Priv wasn't a slider or at least they made a slab version. It just never felt solid to me, plus the squishy creaky back really annoyed me. The 60 is much faster, the cameras are better, and charges very fast with QC 3.0.
    11-03-16 09:40 PM
    For people that bought the priv and don't care about the PKB, Dtek60 is a nice upgrade.
    11-03-16 09:43 PM
    Ugh, I suppose there is no market for Used privs at this point to recoup cost and go for dtek60. Love the phone, but the vkb just never ended up being something I used.
    11-03-16 10:10 PM
    Quick thanks to all comments guys, definitely helps make the decision for my next handset. XMAS is only 50 or so days away.....
    11-03-16 10:49 PM
    Attachment 411252

Got both the Priv and Dtek60, to me they are excellent devices with both having advantages and disadvantages

Priv is heavier and thicker but excellent screen and for me is a lovely looking device with an excellent PKB, doing long business emails always feel better on PKB, but I am 54 years old not young and trendy but early build quality issues hurt this phones reputation, mine is fabulous

Dtek60 is very thin, looks and feels good, screen is excellent as the Priv, Could see far more young people and women buying this device rather than the Priv . Build looks and feels excellent

Only thing I don't like on Dtek is off centre charging point, but it's only a small issue

Thanks goodness I don't have to choose, Priv is now my business phone, Dtek60 is my personal phone...two great phones

Cheers

Simon

Posted via CB10
    Isn't the 60 the same screen size as the Priv? 5.5 inch ? Why does that dtek60 looks so much smaller ?
    11-03-16 11:03 PM
    Looking at you guys rave about the battery life and camera saying how super slick it is and how efficient etc is making me consider dumping the priv for this.

Any guys made the jump? Anything worth mentioning?

Thanks guys.
    I think you're a big boy and can make the decision yourself
    11-03-16 11:09 PM
    Isn't the 60 the same screen size as the Priv? 5.5 inch ? Why does that dtek60 looks so much smaller ?
    Priv is 5.4", and the slide out mechanism makes it thicker and heavier.
    11-03-16 11:11 PM
    Yep, that is what I know. That certainly looks like the 50. You get a clearer picture when you look at kewlgirl's Priv and 60 picture, they look pretty much the same size.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 11:12 PM
    So far so good. Really seems nice after only 12 hours but I'm very optimistic this is a great phone. Will keep the Priv in service, they are both excellent devices with different strengths.
    11-04-16 06:09 AM
    Yes I like the 60 far more than Priv. I always wish Priv wasn't a slider or at least they made a slab version. It just never felt solid to me, plus the squishy creaky back really annoyed me. The 60 is much faster, the cameras are better, and charges very fast with QC 3.0.
    OK thanks for the review! I have the Priv too, but am considering the DTEK60! I disagree a bit with you: the "squishiness" you speak of was due to BlackBerry's innovative design: they chose to adopt aerospace materials by using carbon fibre weave material stretched over an aluminum frame. Its design mimics an aircraft wing, and I appreciate this original, unique design for a cellphone. No other manufacturer tried this.
    11-04-16 06:29 AM
    The Priv is propped up on a bigger box, and the DTEK60 is farther from the camera, so the Priv looks bigger.
    11-04-16 06:30 AM
    I do. I've had the issue for 2 months now. AT&T replaced the device early on before it was diagnosed as a software issue but the issue remains.

I have my DTEK60 now and I am much happier using this device.
    I meant "any DTEK60 owners have the issue with No Service" ??

I have that issue with my Priv and it's so bad that I need to get rid of it (the Priv).
    11-04-16 07:40 AM
    It is a dtek60 , just looks a bit smaller as they both sat on top of there boxes , the Priv box is taller than the Dtek60 so it's closer to the camera lenses ....defo not a dtek50
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-04-16 11:22 AM
    It is a dtek60 , just looks a bit smaller as they both sat on top of there boxes , the Priv box is taller than the Dtek60 so it's closer to the camera lenses ....defo not a dtek50
    Looking at the picture again I see what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 11:45 AM
    Exactly! I mentioned this in my post too! Don't be fooled by the different box sizes !
    11-04-16 08:26 PM
    Both the DTEK50 and 60 are taller than the Priv. The Priv is further away, so it looks smaller. The official specification for Priv says it is 5.79 inches tall but it is actually only about 5.66 inches, so the Priv is actually shorter than it looks in this image from the Phone Arena:
    Attached Thumbnails Any Priv owners jumped to the DTEK60?-blackberry-dtek60-vs-priv-size-x.jpg  
    11-04-16 09:30 PM
    I had the priv which I love and I jumped to the Dtek60 which I love even more. It's got better battery, better screen and it's way faster. The priv has trained me not to use the pkb anymore.
    11-04-16 11:32 PM
    My Dtek 60 came in yesterday and I love it. Much better build quality and ergonomics than the Priv. Love the fingerprint scanner and the front facing camera. Seems snappier than my Priv too.
    yep quite correct - it's better: build, speed - really a feeling of quality.
    11-04-16 11:39 PM
    Ugh, I suppose there is no market for Used privs at this point to recoup cost and go for dtek60. Love the phone, but the vkb just never ended up being something I used.
    There is a market here in the UK. Just sold mine on eBay auction for �315 and will ship to the buyer today.

My DTEK60 arrived Wednesday. Fantastic phone. Screen.. Awesome. Battery.. Awesome. Speed and smoothness.. Awesome.
    11-05-16 02:07 AM
    Dtek60 is better over all, I rarely used the PKB on the Priv so it's a no brainer with the fingerprint sensors. Battery life is better as well.
    11-05-16 02:11 AM
    I had the priv which I love and I jumped to the Dtek60 which I love even more. It's got better battery, better screen and it's way faster. The priv has trained me not to use the pkb anymore.
    Thanks, good to know! I have the excellent Priv, and am considering the DTEK60 !
    11-05-16 08:56 AM
    yep quite correct - it's better: build, speed - really a feeling of quality.
    How is the camera?
    11-05-16 08:57 AM
99 1234