So I expect Santa to gift me a Dtek60...

In watching several reviews etc... I've noticed something that concerns me. The android control buttons (square, triangle, circle) seem to be always on.

It looks like the 5.5 inch screen is actually smaller as precious real estate is always used by the buttons. Is this in fact the case? Is there no fullscreen mode? I'm hoping there is a way to hide the and make them show up only if needed, swiped, tapped etc... or at the very least to make the background for the buttons transparent?

Has anyone else grappled with this or even care about it?
    12-24-16 08:12 AM
    So I expect Santa to gift me a Dtek60...

In watching several reviews etc... I've noticed something that concerns me. The android control buttons (square, triangle, circle) seem to be always on.

It looks like the 5.5 inch screen is actually smaller as precious real estate is always used by the buttons. Is this in fact the case? Is there no fullscreen mode? I'm hoping there is a way to hide the and make them show up only if needed, swiped, tapped etc... or at the very least to make the background for the buttons transparent?

Has anyone else grappled with this or even care about it?
    If an app is well implemented and it actually needs to be fullscreen then it can be. The app will hide both the top bar and the bottom buttons. This has been a feature of Android since 4.4 (over 3 years ago):

Official video explaining the feature:
    Alphabase likes this.
    12-24-16 08:26 AM
    The usable screen real estate looks to be the same as my Apple iPhone 6S Plus - with controls below.

I've come to prefer the DTEK not having a physical button as well as having easy touch control at bottom. And full ounce lighter.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    12-24-16 12:38 PM
    Sadly, most apps including Crackberry , waste the full screen real estate by leaving the Android controls present at all times.
    12-25-16 01:33 AM
    There's a ton of app to hide these buttons, and you can even manage them by app.

But , in real life, you'll never use it as you never read at the bottom screen. If you turn landscape to look at a video, the buttons will be hiden . Same thing for photos etc..

But if you really want, search for hide button on play store
    12-25-16 11:27 AM