Greetings, have a PRIV that got wet and died. Kept rebooting. Figured it was toast so bought an unlocked DTEK60 as replacement. (Loved my BB Z30).

Now I went to install my previous apps that I had on the PRIV on the DTEK60 and have had a couple apps fail to download with error MSG saying "not compatible with your device".

Why is this? PRIV and DTEK60 are both BlackBerry and both Android. So why are some apps compatible on PRIV but not DTEK60?
    09-23-17 11:15 AM
    Greetings, have a PRIV that got wet and died. Kept rebooting. Figured it was toast so bought an unlocked DTEK60 as replacement. (Loved my BB Z30).

Now I went to install my previous apps that I had on the PRIV on the DTEK60 and have had a couple apps fail to download with error MSG saying "not compatible with your device".

Why is this? PRIV and DTEK60 are both BlackBerry and both Android. So why are some apps compatible on PRIV but not DTEK60?
    Which Apps is this happening with? And are you downloading the apps manually or did you just log into you google account and restore from previous device?
    09-23-17 11:16 AM
    most recent was a calculator / unit converter I used on the PRIV by ZenUI Asus Computers. I did the BB /Google transfer (after 16 days the PRIV dried out and booted up) it did not transfer across. so I tried manual download from "my apps library" in Google Play Store. it is in the Play Store I get MSG about not compatible with device.
    09-23-17 11:23 AM
    most recent was a calculator / unit converter I used on the PRIV by ZenUI Asus Computers. I did the BB /Google transfer (after 16 days the PRIV dried out and booted up) it did not transfer across. so I tried manual download from "my apps library" in Google Play Store. it is in the Play Store I get MSG about not compatible with device.
    Ahh yes I and the same App on my Priv prior to KEYone. It actually won't show compatible with your Priv either if you uninstall it and try to get it back. I almost wonder if Asus did something so it's only compatible with their own devices? It's not an issue with the dtek60. It just so happens that you downloaded it on your Priv prior to Asus doing something to change it.
    09-23-17 11:40 AM
    Thanks I guess that makes sense though I am disappointed. I liked that calculator and would like to think that Android is Android.
    09-24-17 12:32 AM
    Thanks Ray for the answer. I was able to find latest version on APK mirror site and DL. It installed file. So yes not DTEK60 but issue with Asus blocking. #solved
    09-24-17 12:08 PM
    Thanks Ray for the answer. I was able to find latest version on APK mirror site and DL. It installed file. So yes not DTEK60 but issue with Asus blocking. #solved
    Good stuff. Glad you got it figured out. I may actually do the same thing on my KEYone as its a much better app then the stock calculator.
    09-27-17 10:24 AM