In my opinion, the wrong way was invest in Android. I think that they should invest in BB10. Much more solid and really light weight.
    Yeah really good idea. That's like investing money to fix a car that someone set on fire and pushed off a bridge
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-08-17 04:41 PM
    One rogue app can do a number on mine, I normally get great battery life, but I was traveling internationally using AT&T and got conned into installing their global wifi app.

it didn't make much difference until my Passport plan start date, and then suddenly that app started eating battery like crazy, I think doing geolocates constantly.

Needless to say I uninstalled that app and things returned to normal.

I like GSAM battery monitor for researching battery drain issues.
    06-08-17 05:16 PM
    Unfortunately you have to keep close tabs on the apps in Android; one that holds a wakelock and your battery runtime is screwed.

Turn off auto updates and only update things when YOU want to, for openers. While you're at it restrict background data on cellular for most of your apps (anything that doesn't need real-time updates.)

You're welcome.
    06-09-17 10:01 AM
    [QUOTE=BriniaSona;12891433]They won't release it so you can get upset and buy a KEYone. Samsung and others do it all the time. buy the new phone if you want the new updates.

If BlackBerry is a software company than they should upgrade there products.
    06-09-17 10:18 AM
    On Twitter, BlackBerry official confirmed to me that the DTEK60 would get Nougat. Wouldn't have bought one without that confirmation. But it's looking bleak now. That's double crappy: release a phone AFTER Nougat is out, then promise the phone will get Nougat and then break that promise.
    aNGERY likes this.
    06-09-17 10:39 AM
    On Twitter, BlackBerry official confirmed to me that the DTEK60 would get Nougat.
    Got a link?
    06-09-17 11:09 AM
    Not good if this is the way it goes. The Priv is getting a little long in the tooth but the Dtek60 is only 7 months old! I bought both from shopbb on the first day of release and I'm not planning on buying the K1 because I'm no longer a fan of physical keyboards. The 60 will probably be my last BB
    By Fall 2017 the DTEK 60 will be two O.S. behind once Android N is released. And it sounds like BlackBerry Mobile may not keep up with Security updates. Not updated at time of this post. I am researching now for a 60 replacement. The K1 is not an option...Imho it is priced too high for the specs. Last year processor, low end screen resolution, keyboard that functions the same as the Priv except fingerprint scanner. They are marketing and rehashing old technology. I can survive without the K1 battery longevity... With the 60 or Priv my battery never left me stranded during the day, and with quick charging, the 60 is back up in no time if I am driving to an appointment or at the desk. If the 60 was to get Android N I would hold it until next year...but BlackBerry Mobile has forgotten it and so shall I.
    Uzi and chi-town311 like this.
    06-18-17 10:21 PM
    By Fall 2017 the DTEK 60 will be two O.S. behind once Android N is released. And it sounds like BlackBerry Mobile may not keep up with Security updates. Not updated at time of this post. I am researching now for a 60 replacement. The K1 is not an option...Imho it is priced too high for the specs. Last year processor, low end screen resolution, keyboard that functions the same as the Priv except fingerprint scanner. They are marketing and rehashing old technology. I can survive without the K1 battery longevity... With the 60 or Priv my battery never left me stranded during the day, and with quick charging, the 60 is back up in no time if I am driving to an appointment or at the desk. If the 60 was to get Android N I would hold it until next year...but BlackBerry Mobile has forgotten it and so shall I.
    Pixel Or Pixel2 , if the P2 comes with Oreo it's a must for me, and I'll never look back to BlackBerry after 11 yrs. And then just sell the Priv and Dtek60 I own. Google giving two yrs of OS updates, on time monthly security updates... no brainer for me.
    07-01-17 06:35 AM
    Pixel Or Pixel2 , if the P2 comes with Oreo it's a must for me, and I'll never look back to BlackBerry after 11 yrs. And then just sell the Priv and Dtek60 I own. Google giving two yrs of OS updates, on time monthly security updates... no brainer for me.
    My view exactly!
    07-01-17 07:06 AM
    I agree with you. Not supporting a phone that is less than a year old is sad. Actually...it is unheard of, to be two O.S. behind on hardware that is less than a year old!!! Iphone 5S will get IOS11 this fall...

I am looking at the Pixel also for a possible replacement if Blackberry (Not TCL) do not update the 60. Also, I have read on CB that customer service is terrible from Blackberry Mobile (TCL) in regards to rectifying problems with the K1. I am sure that if you buy a Pixel you will be able to reach them and get support in a timely manner. So...we will see. I do like BB software on Android tho, they have to improve.
    07-01-17 07:47 AM
60 123