My battery life is terrible. Worst phone I have owned so far. I feel like an iPhone user being plugged into the wall all the time.
    KEYone has been optimized for battery life. DTEK60 is more for speed / performance. Personally I have no issues with battery life, but I would not consider myself a heavy user of media throughout my day - mostly email and messaging. I use apps that are not battery suckers and choose settings on the apps that don't require constant work in the background. True... battery life is not amazing - in some cases better, but certainly not unlike most Android devices of similar spec.
    06-01-17 08:59 AM
    Could it be that's what's in the "Galaxy A5, Galaxy J3, & More" section?
    LOL! We'll played
    I hate when people claim things that are untrue and to try defend their favourite brand.
    Uzi and HughJarsse like this.
    06-01-17 02:04 PM
    I'm happy with the DTEK60's battery life -- yes, there are days I have to charge, but it charges FAST and that matters. A 15 minute top-off is good for ~30+% if you're truly low.

Most days it gets through without being touched. On heavy days no, but it's still better than the other phones I've had in the last several years. The KeyOne is a monster in that regard, but it ought to be -- it's optimized for endurance, while the DTEK60 is optimized more for performance.
    06-02-17 09:23 PM
    in the case of android, security does not vary much from device to device. not only blackberry but many major android device makers rollout monthly security updates.

almost a year has passed since release of Nougat, all other brands have updated even their older devices, but the blackberry's first and the flagship android device priv has not been updated yet, shame so priv is my first and last blackberry-android device
    Uzi likes this.
    06-06-17 10:46 AM
    It's interesting the way people on CB freak out over every rumor.
    06-06-17 11:30 AM
    in the case of android, security does not vary much from device to device. not only blackberry but many major android device makers rollout monthly security updates.

almost a year has passed since release of Nougat, all other brands have updated even their older devices, but the blackberry's first and the flagship android device priv has not been updated yet, shame so priv is my first and last blackberry-android device
    Just a query as I havent looked at Nougat yet, what is in the update that you are specifically looking for which would make you want to switch phones?
    06-06-17 01:34 PM
    Just a query as I havent looked at Nougat yet, what is in the update that you are specifically looking for which would make you want to switch phones?
    nougat has no some speacial features to force me to switch to a new and up-to-date phone(i can't finance it nowadays just i will not choose blackberry as my next phone.

additionally; spit screen, direct replies, bundled notifications, notification importance settings, resizeble display, data saver, etc.. these are nougat's nice-to-have features to me.. maybe some features that i really would like to have may come in later versions. so it will make me feel more peaceful to choose brands that tend to update their devices as long as possible and in a short time
    06-06-17 02:49 PM
    i follow up the feeling, as my Z10 and Z30 was having major support that in my DTEK50 is lacking. I choose blackberry instead of other brands because i was confident that my device would stay relevant OS wide, but it seems that the only way to not be left in the dark is going iPhone which I will do when the natural life of my device will be over. just my 2 cents
    06-07-17 02:18 AM
    Aside from the security updates, BB has yet to prove they update their device's OS version in a timely manner. If dtek60 does not get nougat then how far will the keyone go in updates?
    06-07-17 02:45 AM
    Aside from the security updates, BB has yet to prove they update their device's OS version in a timely manner. If dtek60 does not get nougat then how far will the keyone go in updates?
    The Blackberry you are referring to is no longer in the phone business..

Two different companies.....
    06-07-17 08:39 AM
    in BlackBerry's own words they put the smart in the smart phone. So who is going to provide timely up dates for the os? TCL who makes the phone or BlackBerry that makes the software?
    06-07-17 08:54 AM
    in BlackBerry's own words they put the smart in the smart phone. So who is going to provide timely up dates for the os? TCL who makes the phone or BlackBerry that makes the software?
    Going forward, TCL will pay Blackberry for the hardened Android updates that is part of their licensing agreement.
    06-07-17 08:59 AM
    I've spoken to someone from TCL regarding Android 7 for the DTEK50 and 60.

it wasn't good news.

Basically, the KeyOne is the first device TCL have made as BlackBerry Mobile. The other devices previously were commissioned by BlackBerry - they were to support them and effectively look after the handsets.

Now there is BlackBerry Mobile. There was some disagreement between TCL and BlackBerry as to who should supported the older devices.

Turns out it is now TCL. However, as they didn't commission the older handsets, it sounds like support is best endeavours (and might be why we saw such a delay with one if the monthly updates being cancelled).

As such he said he would be surprised to see the update come out for the older ones as it is more resources, and they won't make any money from it. the advice was to buy a KeyOne as it will be supported going forward.
    06-07-17 02:36 PM
    I've spoken to someone from TCL regarding Android 7 for the DTEK50 and 60.

it wasn't good news.

Basically, the KeyOne is the first device TCL have made as BlackBerry Mobile. The other devices previously were commissioned by BlackBerry - they were to support them and effectively look after the handsets.

Now there is BlackBerry Mobile. There was some disagreement between TCL and BlackBerry as to who should supported the older devices.

Turns out it is now TCL. However, as they didn't commission the older handsets, it sounds like support is best endeavours (and might be why we saw such a delay with one if the monthly updates being cancelled).

As such he said he would be surprised to see the update come out for the older ones as it is more resources, and they won't make any money from it. the advice was to buy a KeyOne as it will be supported going forward.
    Not good if this is the way it goes. The Priv is getting a little long in the tooth but the Dtek60 is only 7 months old! I bought both from shopbb on the first day of release and I'm not planning on buying the K1 because I'm no longer a fan of physical keyboards. The 60 will probably be my last BB
    06-07-17 04:34 PM
    Not good if this is the way it goes. The Priv is getting a little long in the tooth but the Dtek60 is only 7 months old! I bought both from shopbb on the first day of release and I'm not planning on buying the K1 because I'm no longer a fan of physical keyboards. The 60 will probably be my last BB
    I've had BlackBerry phones since they came with trackwheels. Only smartphones I've owned. But it's looking like the DTEK60 is my last too.
    06-07-17 05:58 PM
    I mean I can't imagine it not getting at least 7.0. I bought a cheap-o $70 LG Phoenix 2 last September just to have something to play around with Android with, and the other day it got the 7.0 update. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    06-07-17 08:41 PM
    In my opinion, the wrong way was invest in Android. I think that they should invest in BB10. Much more solid and really light weight.
    06-07-17 08:45 PM
    I want to add that the 60 is, well, a premium device while the aurora (a lower end) already has nougat, so this is pretty messed up *if* the 60 will never get it. Though lets wait and see cause nothing is official yet
    06-07-17 10:10 PM
    As we all know, the KEYone is in the spotlight now as far as BlackBerry devices. If our DTEK60's are to get the Nougat upgrade (and I hope we do) it will likely not happen until later this year.
    06-08-17 08:40 AM
    If the dtek60 doesn't get android N, who's to say K1 and future releases will receive the new versions of android? If no updates is the case, I'll choose pixel or something similar over Blackberry as my new phone.
    06-08-17 10:47 AM
    We don't know but don't expect for the 60 because it wasn't sold by TCL. KEYone will be the first....
    06-08-17 10:51 AM
    I had terrible battery use. I did a full erase and stopped using the original charger it came with - US adapter, was made for international. bought the phone from Walmart.

Previously the battery was giving readings if 40-44•C and us now 10• cooler.

Still nowhere near the sot I get with Huawei though.
    My battery lasts forever.
    06-08-17 12:10 PM
    But I thought the dtek60 had good battery life...that's what everyone was saying in November when it launched.
    It does not. Categorically. I've been disappointed since about a month after I got it, once I put enough stuff on it to make it useful. I regularly keep location *off* just so I can make it to 2 pm. I have nailed down permissions to limit background queries and done a lot to try and determine where the battery bleed is. Screen brightness seems to be the one now that has the biggest negative effect. I need to have it at 50-60% in order to achieve usable battery life, but I need it at 70-80% in order to read it effectively. So my SOT is the biggest battery wildcard these days.

Regardless, I'm not able to get through a day, not even to get to my drive home, on a single charge. I'm a power user, no question, but jeez.
    06-08-17 01:20 PM
    My battery lasts forever.
    We have two, and my wife is a power user big time, she has no issue, I have to recharge at 4pm, go figure?
    06-08-17 04:25 PM
    My battery life was trash, to the tune of 3-6 hours a day of idle time. Luckily my charge port broke, and I sent it in to get repaired. They sent me a brand new unit and the battery had been outstanding, but now it's slowly getting back to being 1-2 days, and I think it's going to gradually decrease over time. This is the case with a lot of TCL 950 owners.

Unfortunately, the DTEK60 is a premium looking device, with poor quality parts under the hood.

This is 10000 percent my last blackberry phone.

I've been eyeing up an ASUS ZenFone or a OnePlus
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    06-08-17 04:40 PM
60 123