Watch out! The picture password gets corrupted very often after the resolution change. So either remove it before the change, or re-apply right after you get to the main Android screen after the reboot!!!

I was notably disappointed with short battery life time of my DTEK60. I followed the manual at HOMENEWS
    Change Screen Resolution via ADB and save Battery life on Android devices (without Root)
    and decreased my screen resolution from 1440x2560 to 720x1280. The image quality obviously suffered, but I expect that after DTEK60 gets "N", where screen resolution change is a standard feature, the image quality will return to level of Z30 at least.

The screen resolution degrading effectively decreased GPU load by four times at least and so far I am quite happy with the battery life increase.

Here are my commands, after installing Mininal ADB from Google to Windows:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
    shell@argon:/ $ wm size 720x1280
    shell@argon:/ $ wm density 280
    shell@argon:/ $ reboot
    10-06-17 10:38 AM
    We have no confirmation that N will come to the Dtek 60.
    10-06-17 12:37 PM
    We have no confirmation that N will come to the Dtek 60.
    This is. unfortunately, true. My belief is backed up only by a generic supposition that a flagship model (DTEK60) should get at least one major OS update, as it happened with Priv...
    10-08-17 05:07 AM
    I purchased my DTEK60 November 5, 2016, from Crackberry Canada.

Within ten months, the battery only held two to three hours of charge, and would shut down once the battery charge level hit 25%.

In October 2017, after numerous emails, test, resets, and phone calls to the BlackBerry/Alcatel technical service, I sent my DTEK60 to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on October 5th.

In the mean time, I reactivated my two-year-old BlackBerry PRIV, and the battery still lasts twelve hours on a single charge.

I waited for over two weeks but there was no response from the BlackBerry -Alcatel Repair Centre.

I received back my DTEK60 on October 24th. The Alcatel "Test and Repair Return Form" that accompanied the returned DTEK60 indicated in the "Repair Details:"

"Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality Control Passed."

This was a lie, since the Android version remained the same, and also because soon after I re-activated the phone it indicated that the "September upgrade" was still waiting to be downloaded.

The battery life of my DTEK60 is still still very poor. The battery now drains faster than ever, often within one hour after unplugging the phone from the charger. Even with the Battery Saver activated, the battery drains in two to three hours.

My warranty expired several days ago November 5th. I did not have the patience to race to call and email the BlackBerry/Alcatel help Centre all over again.

I suggest consumers avoid all Alcatel-built devices. Even if the new BlackBerry Motion has a 4000 mAh battery, it may be of a similar poor quality as the battery found in the DTEK60.

Neither BlackBerry nor Alcatel have any interest in assisting consumers with devices that are still under warranty. The DTEK60 has been a waste of money.
    I'd still give it another shot.

TCL has been known to replace DTEK60s with KEYᵒⁿᵉs if they can't be repaired.

Also, my DTEK60 still gets a full day of use on one charge, so it's not inherent with the device or battery.
    11-07-17 09:30 PM
    the BlackBerry Customer Support person told me when I was sending mine in for the battery that they never replaced Dtek with a Keyone. She said don't believe what is posted on Crackberry
    11-07-17 10:36 PM
    the BlackBerry Customer Support person told me when I was sending mine in for the battery that they never replaced Dtek with a Keyone. She said don't believe what is posted on Crackberry
    You should be talking to BlackBerry Mobile - not BlackBerry.

A battery is one thing, but in the absence of any more DTEK60 devices (they have been out of production for almost a year), TCL has very little other choice if the problem is more severe.
    11-07-17 11:04 PM
    They have batteries -- they changed the one in my DTEK60 :-)
    11-08-17 08:05 AM
    They have batteries -- they changed the one in my DTEK60 :-)
    Yes. A simple battery replacement is not what I was referring to as "severe".
    11-08-17 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD