Compared to 5s I mean.

Nothing can beat 625 SoC for battery. It was the best move possible.

If you're looking for massive specs, there are other choices. BlackBerry Mobile devices are tailored to solid messaging and long battery life.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/one-mon...d-level-specs/
    Snapdragon 625 is very energy efficient CPU but I am also surprised how good snapdragon 835 is. I don't think there are snapdragon 625 with QHD screen but there are few 1080p with snapdragon 835 (OP5 and xiaomi 6) and better life is almost good as keyone.

Here is a OP5 usage recently.

06-30-17 04:29 PM
    Nothing wrong with that. I understand the desire to just enter the spec race. In the arena of undifferentiated slabs, specs are all that are left.

I'm hoping BlackBerry Mobile can bring something different to the space.

Personally, I find the KEYᵒⁿᵉ infinitely "faster" than other devices with better SoCs - like the Pixel or DTEK60. The keyboard shortcuts alone make others think I'm a magician on my phone - whipping around apps and the UX like a crazy person.

With a single short keypress, I can be composing an email, or sending an instant message. I can open an app, or bring up my home file server the same way.
    I agree that keyboard short cut makes your experience more convenient but Alcatel 5s 625 really have nothing else to offer even with beefier battery life and better built. Would you buy one when you already have Keyone? Even they come up with snapdragon 835, what else can they offer besides bb10 suites and dtek security?
    06-30-17 04:45 PM
    Nothing wrong with that. I understand the desire to just enter the spec race. In the arena of undifferentiated slabs, specs are all that are left.

I'm hoping BlackBerry Mobile can bring something different to the space.

Personally, I find the KEYᵒⁿᵉ infinitely "faster" than other devices with better SoCs - like the Pixel or DTEK60. The keyboard shortcuts alone make others think I'm a magician on my phone - whipping around apps and the UX like a crazy person.

With a single short keypress, I can be composing an email, or sending an instant message. I can open an app, or bring up my home file server the same way.
    Interesting, do you find it faster/ better than the 60 for everyday use? Web, little media, app use too?
    06-30-17 04:51 PM
    I agree that keyboard short cut makes your experience more convenient but Alcatel 5s 625 really have nothing else to offer even with beefier battery life and better built. Would you buy one when you already have Keyone? Even they come up with snapdragon 835, what else can they offer besides bb10 suites and dtek security?
    I wouldn't.

I guess I'm talking about two different things, and they may both be different from what you are talking about. Lol.

1- SoC isn't everything. If I had a list of 20 things to do, I'm confident my KEYᵒⁿᵉ with its 625 can go head to head with any "flagship" 835. Form factor matters. Differentiation on something other than raw specs matter.

2- I hope BlackBerry Mobile brings something equally different and interesting than standard slabs. As I said, a more secure, beefier, long battery lasting slab can be an attractive differentiation to the spec crowd.

Anyway. Just verbal diarrhoea, as I like typing on this thing.
    06-30-17 04:54 PM
    I really don't mind BlackBerry Mobil recycling the same keyone design and use better components likes cpu, speakers, screen, signal.
    06-30-17 05:05 PM
    I really don't mind BlackBerry Mobil recycling the same keyone design and use better components likes cpu, speakers, screen, signal.
    That would detract from its intended purpose. It would also cost a small fortune.

But you never know.
    06-30-17 05:07 PM
    That would detract from its intended purpose. It would also cost a small fortune.

But you never know.
    IPhone brought back their classic 5 model as SE edition. BlackBerry should bring back their old popular design.
    06-30-17 05:16 PM
    I agree wth conite, I think TCL are using the Alcatel brand for the lower spec / cheaper market and BB for the mid / flagship market... which makes sense.
    The idol s series is mid/flagship market...

The KEYone is priced as a mid/flagship lolll

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 05:55 PM
    BlackBerry should bring back their old popular design.
    What popular design?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 05:59 PM
    What popular design?
    Passport!?
    06-30-17 06:22 PM
    Passport!?
    I guess popular is a relative term, as they only sold in the 6 figure quantity.
    06-30-17 06:25 PM
    It seems Bla1ze knows a bit more than us from his post above, and he seems to concur with the "new" design idea.
    Well - the dtek60 wasn't merely a rehashed idol 4s either.

It had a more ram and a better screen I think?

They can easily just upgrade a spec or two, add in a rubber back and claim it's different from the idol 5s.

"New design" could mean pretty much the same thing - I'm not falling for the trickery no more man!! Loll

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 08:00 AM
    Well - the dtek60 wasn't merely a rehashed idol 4s either.

It had a more ram and a better screen I think?

They can easily just upgrade a spec or two, add in a rubber back and claim it's different from the idol 5s.

"New design" could mean pretty much the same thing - I'm not falling for the trickery no more man!! Loll

Posted via CB10
    It was a rehashed TCL 950.

And glad to see you've taken the red pill.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 01:55 PM
    It was a rehashed TCL 950.

And glad to see you've taken the red pill.

Posted via CB10
    A TCL950 with a different screen, memory configuration, and back.
    07-01-17 03:35 PM
    Six ?

Maybe as high as twenty.
    07-01-17 04:26 PM
    Lol. You've gotta be paid. How else could someone spend so much time and energy defending every move a company makes.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-01-17 04:53 PM
    Lol. You've gotta be paid. How else could someone spend so much time and energy defending every move a company makes.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realise we were attacking or defending.

Just saying all of the devices are all different and made from the various available kit components.
    07-01-17 05:33 PM
    Are five of those figures leading zeros?
    07-01-17 06:31 PM
    Are five of those figures leading zeros?
    Oh please Thurask, find another song.
    07-01-17 07:26 PM
    You see what I mean loll

"New design" loll

I don't expect anything more from TCL - will believe it when I see it. Until then, don't assume they'll expend extra effort and money for a "new design" and waiting for it.

I'd also expect for our Canadian friends, any new slab they come with will be overpriced loll

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 09:34 AM
    It won't.
    Eager to get more deets, but I can be patient.
    07-02-17 10:14 AM
    Amazon will be releasing this phone unlocked for $200 on July 10. That's a good price, if you accept lock screen ads. SD 625, 3gb, expandable memory, 1080p display, nougat 7.1.

If I were to purchase this and install blackberry hub, how would it compare to the dtek60, which isn't readily available.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Cool find. I will be curious to see comparisons not only between that and the DTEK60, but the rumored upcoming BlackBerry device. If you end up snagging one, I'd like to hear your opinion.
    07-02-17 10:17 AM
    if the next BB resembles anything like the 5S then I will pass for sure.
    The 5S is not radically different from the old 4S look. The camera has been moved and the hump is gone. The upper and lower speakers have a different look but is in the same location. TCL say the Blackberry phones will be different.

Cost cutting with 2016 625 chip in 2017 phone. Moto Z 2 just came out with the 2017 626 chip which is more efficient than the 625. I hope TCL do not put the 2016 821 chip in the flagship Blackberry slab that should be here in Q4 2017.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 07-08-17 at 08:26 PM.
    07-08-17 07:00 PM
73 123