Time will tell what TCL chooses to do, yes.
    Yep, I for one will keep an eye out, never know they might surprise me.
    06-29-17 05:13 PM
    Blackberry version will be automatic premium price tag like dtek50. $399 maybe?
    Don't do it! Wasting money
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-29-17 08:08 PM
    forgive the digression but can someone tell me how to reply to PM on the CrackBerry android app? I need to respond to a PM from this forum moderator.
    06-29-17 10:28 PM
    forgive the digression but can someone tell me how to reply to PM on the CrackBerry android app? I need to respond to a PM from this forum moderator.
    You must use g the CB forum app it has pm features, the Crack berry app doesn't have pm features, or use browser from your device
    06-29-17 11:05 PM
    You must use g the CB forum app it has pm features, the Crack berry app doesn't have pm features, or use browser from your device
    Thanks Usman. See ya later.
    06-29-17 11:06 PM
    Time will tell what TCL chooses to do, yes.
    Time will tell what BlackBerry/TCL collude to do, yes.

(Fixed it for ya)
    06-30-17 12:57 AM
    if the next BB resembles anything like the 5S then I will pass for sure.
    06-30-17 06:45 AM
    TCL has said they will not just slap a BlackBerry logo onto an existing device.

I suspect the differentiating factor for BlackBerry Mobile devices will be a more solid industrial design with longer battery life - much like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    gritsinct likes this.
    06-30-17 07:10 AM
    TCL has said they will not just slap a BlackBerry logo onto an existing device.

I suspect the differentiating factor for BlackBerry Mobile devices will be a more solid industrial design with longer battery life - much like the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    I agree wth conite, I think TCL are using the Alcatel brand for the lower spec / cheaper market and BB for the mid / flagship market... which makes sense.
    06-30-17 08:14 AM
    It won't.
    06-30-17 01:17 PM
    TCL wants to replace someone else's phones with theirs. I don't see how this has any bearing on the OS update policy of TCL going forward.
    Nobody sees how. You know why? Because TCL/BlackBerry Mobile/BlackBerry has said squat about it unlike many other OEM's who are open and lay out a plan for their consumer.
    06-30-17 02:27 PM
    Nobody sees how. You know why? Because TCL/BlackBerry Mobile/BlackBerry has said squat about it unlike many other OEM's who are open and lay out a plan for their consumer.
    You're right, TCL has not made their update policy clear.

But the fact that they are producing slab phones does not provide any relevant information as alluded to by the poster I was responding to.
    06-30-17 02:29 PM
    So...... I'm still leaning toward getting an idol s5 from amazon because it is such a good deal. Would it be reasonable to assume the next TCL BlackBerry is some sort of dtek70 based on the 5s design? Isn't that what the keyone is, anyway, except with a keyboard? Ok, and led lights, too.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 02:57 PM
    So...... I'm still leaning toward getting an idol s5 from amazon because it is such a good deal. Would it be reasonable to assume the next TCL BlackBerry is some sort of dtek70 based on the 5s design? Isn't that what the keyone is, anyway, except with a keyboard? Ok, and led lights, too.

Doubt it.

See my post above.
    06-30-17 02:59 PM

Either way, you're supporting TCL. Thanks!
    06-30-17 03:05 PM

Most likely the next DTEK or whatever they call it, will be this 5s but with a BlackBerry logo on the back. They'll add their "secure" software and then double the price. Id get the 5s because the BlackBerry android security stuff is 99% BS and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 03:08 PM
    Most likely the next DTEK or whatever they call it, will be this 5s but with a BlackBerry logo on the back. They'll add their "secure" software and then double the price. Id get the 5s because the BlackBerry android security stuff is 99% BS and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    I want Alcatel version of keyone for $299 without bb10 suites and dtek security.
    06-30-17 03:18 PM
    I want Alcatel version of keyone for $299 without bb10 suites and dtek security.
    What if the BlackBerry Mobile version was built tougher and had double the battery life?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 03:30 PM
    That begs the question, how much of the keyone cost is the uncommon physical hardware vs. BlackBerry software. Would a keyone without any BlackBerry software be $300 or more?

krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 03:32 PM
    What if the BlackBerry Mobile version was built tougher and had double the battery life?
    I think battery is already good on keyone. Keyone just need better built quality and better chipset. For me, battery life on snapdragon 835 is as good as keyone because I don't play games. Both gives me 10 hours SOT.
    06-30-17 03:39 PM
    I think battery is already good on keyone. Keyone just need better built quality and better chipset. For me, battery life on snapdragon 835 is as good as keyone because I don't play games. Both gives me 10 hours SOT.
    Compared to 5s I mean.

Nothing can beat 625 SoC for battery. It was the best move possible.

If you're looking for massive specs, there are other choices. BlackBerry Mobile devices are tailored to solid messaging and long battery life.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/one-mon...d-level-specs/
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    If true then they lied because they specifically said BlackBerry devices will have their own designs.
    06-30-17 03:50 PM
    If true then they lied because they specifically said BlackBerry devices will have their own designs.
    It seems Bla1ze knows a bit more than us from his post above, and he seems to concur with the "new" design idea.
    06-30-17 03:53 PM
    Compared to 5s I mean.

Nothing can beat 625 SoC for battery. It was the best month possible.
    Honestly, I wouldn't pay anything higher than $299 even battery is beefier and better built quality. Keyone had benefit of having PKB at least. Even $299 might be expensive. I really don't see any values for bb suites in 2017. Look at OP5. Everyone is bashing them for high pricing $479 for snapdragon 835 lol.
    06-30-17 04:01 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't pay anything higher than $299 even battery is beefier and better built quality. Keyone had benefit of having PKB at least. Even $299 might be expensive. I really don't see any values for bb suites in 2017. Look at OP5. Everyone is bashing them for high pricing $479 for snapdragon 835 lol.
    Nothing wrong with that. I understand the desire to just enter the spec race. In the arena of undifferentiated slabs, specs are all that are left.

I'm hoping BlackBerry Mobile can bring something different to the space.

Personally, I find the KEYᵒⁿᵉ infinitely "faster" than other devices with better SoCs - like the Pixel or DTEK60. The keyboard shortcuts alone make others think I'm a magician on my phone - whipping around apps and the UX like a crazy person.

With a single short keypress, I can be composing an email, or sending an instant message. I can open an app, or bring up my home file server the same way.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-30-17 04:23 PM
73 123