The charger is permanently consuming 2.5+ watts when my DTEK60 is plugged in, has 100% charge and not in use. When unplugged, the battery just melts in hours while doing nothing.

What looks very unusual, is that "OTG Troubleshooter" reports "0" USB Hubs(should be "2") and USB OTG does not function at all. Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/cbjfIr4.png . USB debug works just fine though(!).

The situation persisted so far through Factory Reset and full autoloader application.

Is there any way to temporarily disable USB support in DTEK60 to verify that USB malfunction is causing this?

Any thoughts, hints and / or suggestions on solving the situation "by my own hands" in a software way?
    05-20-18 06:06 PM
    Factory Reset that you tried was your best chance...

Many have had issues with the DTEK60 Charging component going bad...
    05-21-18 07:53 AM
    Factory Reset that you tried was your best chance...

Many have had issues with the DTEK60 Charging component going bad...
    I see. :-/
    05-21-18 10:02 AM
    So far so good, I found that it is possible to manage (using software!) the level of power provided to USB device(s)/hub(s). But, AFAICS, ROOT is mandatory for the effort.

If managing USB Power level in Android WITHOUT ROOT (i.e. using some permissions granted via USB Debug) rings a bell to anyone - please share your thoughts with me.
    I suppose, that after switching from the maximum 500 mA consumption, which I observe now, to 100 mA, my DTEK60 will last some reasonable time without attached powerbank...
    06-02-18 09:26 PM