Hi,

Very important question for me, since i'm so used to the hub in BB10. Anyone who tried the device can answer?

Thank you,
    Simon.
    08-02-16 03:12 AM
    I doubt it otherwise we probably would of seen an update to the hub app in Google Play that would of included it. Maybe in the future
    08-02-16 03:16 AM
    Hello,

Can I ask why you are looking for a full screen widget? Are you looking for an experience to access the HUB like on BB10 (swipe up and right) to open/peak at hub? or do you just want the HUB to be available?

we have HUB on DTEK50 and PRIV currently and it is only an app click away we also have a swipe up gesture from the home button which you can place the HUB app to invoke. (swipe gesture-esque) Productivity Tab allows for quick glance at unread emails (if that's something you regularly check - i know its not EVERYTHING that HUB has, but that is something we are working on)

beyond that...

What i can tell you is that we are working very closely with the HUB team on a way(or ways) to improve the ease of accessing HUB from the home screen.

(shameless plug) Look for an update to the Productivity Tab coming soon that may offer a solution (or partial solution) to your problem/question.

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Product Manager, BlackBerry
    gvs1341, Nels, CDM76 and 8 others like this.
    08-02-16 09:35 AM
    Any particular reason why hub cant be like bb10 ,swipe left from the right?
    08-02-16 09:41 AM
    Hello,

Can I ask why you are looking for a full screen widget? Are you looking for an experience to access the HUB like on BB10 (swipe up and right) to open/peak at hub? or do you just want the HUB to be available?

we have HUB on DTEK50 and PRIV currently and it is only an app click away we also have a swipe up gesture from the home button which you can place the HUB app to invoke. (swipe gesture-esque) Productivity Tab allows for quick glance at unread emails (if that's something you regularly check - i know its not EVERYTHING that HUB has, but that is something we are working on)

beyond that...

What i can tell you is that we are working very closely with the HUB team on a way(or ways) to improve the ease of accessing HUB from the home screen.

(shameless plug) Look for an update to the Productivity Tab coming soon that may offer a solution (or partial solution) to your problem/question.

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Hi,

Thank you for your time. A tap or a swipe up and left/right is not the same thing as having the hub always open on the left from home, you simply swipe left from home, glance at what arrived then decide if you take action or got back to other things. A good representation of this is the flipboard full screen widget of the galaxy S6 ( that I dropped using because it does not have hub ).
    I hope you will soon implement it, since at december whatsapp will end support and stock android ( even with nova launcher and a full screen email widget ) can not simply recreate the ease of use of quick glance at your activity.

Thank you for your work,
    Simon.

PS :. I usually receive > 100 email/day, if you interested in my use case
    08-02-16 10:08 AM
    Glad to see BlackBerry employees are here to help. Hope you folks join the community and listen to your users.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-02-16 10:55 AM
    By the way, any news about BlackBerry Blend for BB10 devices? And for Priv + DTEK50?

Sorry about this thread hijacking.

Posted via CB10
    croman likes this.
    08-02-16 10:56 AM
    just throwing this out there... but in the example you mentioned

(fully knowing that this is NOT the same thing as BB10, but...) if you are interested in the "glance and decide" concept, could the Productivity Tab solve that use case?

consider this situation:

You go into a meeting (1 hr) at the end of the meeting you received 50 emails...on BB10 you do the swipe over ... check out what is there and go on your way, similarly on PRIV and DTEK50 you could swipe over into our productivity tab and see all of those unread emails at a glance..get out and go on your way. (and click on something to respond etc.)

Now if you are talking about a scenario where you come out of a meeting and you have 50 emails, 10 Whatsapp, 5 BBM, 2 Facebook, 4 Tweets etc. and you want to glance at everything immediately ... that is something as mentioned above is something we are looking at solving.

Sorry for trying to ask more questions, i just want to truly understand the gap/concern.
    I appreciate your input on this and rest assured BlackBerry takes all input on the forums (good and bad) back to help improve our products for the user (you guys n gals)

@zhb

with regards to Blend on BB10 and Android i unfortunately don't have any information on that topic. I could suggest starting a separate thread in the forums here and maybe someone from our Blend team would pop in to comment??

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Bonnie Bonzai and the brother like this.
    08-03-16 09:48 AM
    Would be great if we can customize what apps are in productivity tab
    08-03-16 09:53 AM
    There are a bunch of small reasons, you definitely could put a full screen app in there (much like Nova launcher) but it would not be a "running in the background app"

Nova launcher is basically just using the swipe gesture as the "activity" to launch the app, it would be exactly the same thing as clicking the icon. There would be a moment where all the new content would need to refresh and update.

Also swiping in and swiping out doesn't work very well because we have the "swipe to snooze and delete" gesture. We would need an edge thats almost a "dead zone" so users could swipe out. Alternatively users could use the android navigation - but that kinda takes away from the magic of the swipe in/swipe out concept.

These are just 2 challenges in a bucket full

This is not to say it will never happen, but for it to actually be something we release, we want to ensure the experience is not butchered.

Hopefully that kinda answers the question.

Dev Jugdeo
    08-03-16 10:03 AM
    08-03-16 10:08 AM
    Sorry for the odd replys to this thread, failing at which Quote i am replying too

both replies above are for usman_hidayat19

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Uzi likes this.
    08-03-16 10:11 AM
    Thank you Dev Jugdeo, my wish list is bbm could be in productivity tab hopefully
    08-03-16 10:14 AM
    The hub is the best email client on android. Don't really use it for anything else.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    DeeJayBB likes this.
    08-03-16 10:17 AM
    Can whatsapp be incorporated into the hub. None of the many screen shots I've seen have the whatsapp logo in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 02:41 PM
    Can whatsapp be incorporated into the hub. None of the many screen shots I've seen have the whatsapp logo in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Yep whatsapp in the hub
    08-03-16 02:42 PM
    Just in case anyone needs the information

Hub supports the following content types:

email
    SMS messages
    BBM
    WhatsApp
    Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Viber
    call logs

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-03-16 03:37 PM
    Hub Attachments pretty please.
    08-03-16 05:35 PM
    Hub Attachments pretty please.
    On the roadmap
    08-03-16 07:26 PM
    I really appreciate the BlackBerry devs/employees responding on the forums. It's nice to see that our feedback is being heard. I'm still on my Passport and won't switch until BlackBerry releases a pkb Android device. I can't give up these little magical buttons.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-03-16 07:35 PM
    just throwing this out there... but in the example you mentioned

(fully knowing that this is NOT the same thing as BB10, but...) if you are interested in the "glance and decide" concept, could the Productivity Tab solve that use case?

consider this situation:

You go into a meeting (1 hr) at the end of the meeting you received 50 emails...on BB10 you do the swipe over ... check out what is there and go on your way, similarly on PRIV and DTEK50 you could swipe over into our productivity tab and see all of those unread emails at a glance..get out and go on your way. (and click on something to respond etc.)

Now if you are talking about a scenario where you come out of a meeting and you have 50 emails, 10 Whatsapp, 5 BBM, 2 Facebook, 4 Tweets etc. and you want to glance at everything immediately ... that is something as mentioned above is something we are looking at solving.

Sorry for trying to ask more questions, i just want to truly understand the gap/concern.
    I appreciate your input on this and rest assured BlackBerry takes all input on the forums (good and bad) back to help improve our products for the user (you guys n gals)

@zhb

with regards to Blend on BB10 and Android i unfortunately don't have any information on that topic. I could suggest starting a separate thread in the forums here and maybe someone from our Blend team would pop in to comment??

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    It's more case 2, and I will be looking forward to your solution. BTW I use Telegram a lot, was surprised that it is not supported since it has open API and then can be fully integrated into the hub.
    Anyway i no understand why you can not bring in a full screen widget on the left side of home like Samsung has done for flipboard.
    +1 for slack integration is really useful. I am now testing the new hub+ on my S6, but can't find productivity tab to install. Back to Z30 in the meantime.

Thank you for your work,
    Simon.

PS :. Blend is really really missing. It boosted productivity badly, and no, pushbullet is not even close.
    08-04-16 02:42 AM
    It's more case 2, and I will be looking forward to your solution. BTW I use Telegram a lot, was surprised that it is not supported since it has open API and then can be fully integrated into the hub.
    Anyway i no understand why you can not bring in a full screen widget on the left side of home like Samsung has done for flipboard.
    +1 for slack integration is really useful. I am now testing the new hub+ on my S6, but can't find productivity tab to install. Back to Z30 in the meantime.

Thank you for your work,
    Simon.

PS :. Blend is really really missing. It boosted productivity badly, and no, pushbullet is not even close.
    There is no productivity tab, DTEK app, BlackBerry Keyboard or monthly security update for non BlackBerry device users. Go buy a DTEK50 or PRIV if you want any of those.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    08-04-16 10:55 AM
    I use Telegram a lot and I was hoping it would be supported by HUB also.
    I seed Whatsapp is supported (listed below) so I was wondering why Telegram isn't. At least: I don't get it to work. Is the technique used by both both messengers th�t different?

email
    SMS messages
    BBM
    WhatsApp
    Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Viber
    call logs

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    09-05-16 04:35 PM

email
    SMS messages
    BBM
    WhatsApp
    Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Viber
    call logs

Thanks,

Dev Jugdeo
    Are there plans to add to this list, is it the app developer that is the key for Hub inclusion.

Would love Facebook messenger to included as well!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 01:43 AM
    Are there plans to add to this list, is it the app developer that is the key for Hub inclusion.

Would love Facebook messenger to included as well!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Then you might just get a surprise in a future update
    09-06-16 07:56 AM
28 12