First impressions are not so high, it feels like a low end phone. I think the z10 feels more solid built. That said it has a nice screen and after an hr or so of updates and downloads it is working. The camera seems good at least the bit I tried it of our counter. I think after the learning curve she is going to like having a few of the apps well fb anyway. I still need to go get a nano sim and wait for the final reload so I can really test it out. Happy to still have a bb emblem on the phone, I did not want a lg or samsung, that would be a real bitter pill to swallow. hahah put a case on this and it feels much better gives it some weight, had to have blue bb didn't offer a red one. Ok I think I'm done ranting. Oh nice to have the bb keyboard that was cool to see. She didn't use it but I miss word substitution already. I have to remember it does not work on my tablet and computer. Have a Great day
    big_time2 likes this.
    05-16-17 05:56 PM
    First impressions are not so high, it feels like a low end phone. I think the z10 feels more solid built.
    Apple and oranges. The DTEK50 was introduced as a mid-range, the Z10 when released, was meant for the higher-end.
    05-16-17 06:06 PM
    I agree the Z10 feels much better in hand. Not many smaller touch screen phones felt that good naked. Maybe run the autoloader as suggested in a different thread and see if it fixes the Z10 issues? We had two DTEK50 devices. Sold one and the other is now with our son. I simply prefer BlackBerry 10 for my usage and the build quality of them. I bought two Samsung S7 Edge devices and set up all BlackBerry (Hub, keyboard) and yet I still prefer my BlackBerry 10 devices. The S7 has to have a case it is so slippery. I do want to feel a KeyOne in the flesh however it's still Android.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    05-19-17 10:06 AM
    I am totally with you. Bb10 just works well. I fumble and stumble in android. I'm not an app guy so sending stuff is what I need to do.

BlackBerry = word substitution
    05-19-17 10:28 AM
    The light weight was my first impression too. We tend to associate some weight with strength and durability. We should actually be impressed that they can make it so light but it felt cheap because of it. Having used the dtek50 for a few months now, I can say it's just as solid as my previous Z30.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-19-17 06:17 PM
    The light weight was my first impression too. We tend to associate some weight with strength and durability. We should actually be impressed that they can make it so light but it felt cheap because of it. Having used the dtek50 for a few months now, I can say it's just as solid as my previous Z30.
    I was impressed that it was so light!! My Z30 feels heavy now. LOL

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-21-17 08:01 PM
    I was impressed that it was so light!! My Z30 feels heavy now. LOL

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    Too light in my opinion. I use a case to add bulk and protection.
    05-21-17 08:30 PM
    Too light in my opinion. I use a case to add bulk and protection.
    I put a TPU case and glass screen protector on everything, but not to add bulk, just to keep it pristine. I'm tempted to take the case off my Dtek50, but don't want it to get scratched. Saving it for the next person I sell it too.....sort of the way my grandparents had plastic covers on their furniture. It looked and felt awful, but if you ever took them off, the furniture looked great!! LOL
    jamesharmeling and Carjackd like this.
    05-21-17 08:38 PM
    I put a TPU case and glass screen protector on everything, but not to add bulk, just to keep it pristine. I'm tempted to take the case off my Dtek50, but don't want it to get scratched. Saving it for the next person I sell it too.....sort of the way my grandparents had plastic covers on their furniture. It looked and felt awful, but if you ever took them off, the furniture looked great!! LOL
    You must've squeaked and sweated alot
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-21-17 11:58 PM
    You must've squeaked and sweated alot
    LOL
    05-22-17 10:56 AM
    When I had mine same thing. I wasn't really trying to add bulk, the slim hard shell case offered great protection along with tempered Glass screen protector. Nice analogy about grandma's furniture.. I'm al about keeping the device pristine for resale purposes
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-22-17 11:01 AM