Why give the DTEK50 a 8mp front view camera, yet the PRIV's front view camera is only 2mp? I use my PRIV's front view camera a lot with SnapChat and the quality is sh*t. I'd get the DTEK50 for the front camera but I love the PKB on my PRIV too much! I hope the next PKB BlackDroid/AnBerry has a better front camera than my beloved PRIV!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-03-16 10:20 AM
    I would love a Priv 2

Posted via Passport SE
    09-03-16 10:37 AM
    Wait for mercury

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 11:06 AM
    A PRIV2 would be awesome. I guess I'll wait for Mercury though -_-

09-03-16 11:17 AM
    sucks right. Thats was one of the reasons i sold my overpriced priv b4 the value went down. Its like the threw in some old z10 front facing cameras they had laying around to save money. Definitely didnt help to promotes sales. While other companies are on 5-8 mp with flash. Its a social media world. At least give us decent options if we choose to play
    thekidshop likes this.
    09-03-16 12:15 PM
    Problem with priv 2. Yes it might a better device and specs, but the reality would people actually buy it and pay premium price. Maybe a few but would not be enough to recover the cost to design and produce one. Right now I don't think blackberry is prepare to gamble with it.
    09-03-16 11:36 PM
    I have no clue what my front camera is on my phone as I never use it, lol. I see myself every day when I go to the bathroom, don't need to see myself in my photos as well, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-03-16 11:44 PM
    Why give the DTEK50 a 8mp front view camera, yet the PRIV's front view camera is only 2mp?
    The "why" is physics.

The design of the Priv, being a slider, requires the front panel to be very thin. That requires the front camera to be very, very thin. Unfortunately, this also requires the lens on the camera to be very short, which limits what they can do with the camera. The combination of all of those things results in a lens and camera system that won't support a very large imaging area, thus the low MP count. To "fix" that would have required one of the following:

Not having a slider.
    Having a much thicker front panel.
    Having a raised "bump" to accommodate the camera and lens

None of those choices were judged to be good trade-offs. But, I mean, it's a BB, right, so shouldn't you be focused on productivity, rather than "toys"? LOL. (Sorry).
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-04-16 11:55 AM
    Its not "physics" at all. The FACT is that Blackberry only had a finite amount of time go get the Priv to market. So they admitted they rushed the camera on the priv. That's one reason I didnt buy the priv. Extremely expensive for a phone with a 2mp front shooter.
    09-04-16 01:40 PM
    Nope they had a bunch of z10 cameras left over so threw them in the priv lol. Tried to pull a fast one on the customers but screwed themselves in the end. Glad they went to another company to do the dtek50. Only because blackberry probably would of thrown the 2 MP cameras in it too.

09-04-16 01:58 PM
    Its not "physics" at all. The FACT is that Blackberry only had a finite amount of time go get the Priv to market. So they admitted they rushed the camera on the priv. That's one reason I didnt buy the priv. Extremely expensive for a phone with a 2mp front shooter.
    So your saying that the location where the camera is placed on the Priv is not slimmer than the location where the camera is placed on the Dtek50?

09-04-16 02:02 PM
    So your saying that the location where the camera is placed on the Priv is not slimmer than the location where the camera is placed on the Dtek50?

I didn't mention anything about size? I said what I said. Blackberry admitted it. That's how it is. They rushed the priv to get to market and the front camera was the last feature to decide on.
    09-04-16 02:09 PM
    I didn't mention anything about size? I said what I said. Blackberry admitted it. That's how it is. They rushed the priv to get to market and the front camera was the last feature to decide on.
    It's the last feature I think about as well, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-16 05:20 PM
    Just curious, where did they admit this? In an interview? If so, could you post links to such interview or press release?

The main camera of the PRIV is good (not to the level of S7 or G5 but still above average). The front facing camera is the one lacking and the explanation of the thickness compared to the lens size and sensor size does make sense.

Posted via CB10
    buwee likes this.
    09-04-16 06:57 PM
    Why give the DTEK50 a 8mp front view camera, yet the PRIV's front view camera is only 2mp? I use my PRIV's front view camera a lot with SnapChat and the quality is sh*t. I'd get the DTEK50 for the front camera but I love the PKB on my PRIV too much! I hope the next PKB BlackDroid/AnBerry has a better front camera than my beloved PRIV!

do you realise that the priv is pretty much 1 year old? Also the priv's screen section is very thin, I wonder what kind of "good" camera you could fit in there
    09-04-16 10:52 PM