I would appreciate some insights on the situation I am having with my BB Dtek 50. I acquired a 32GB SD card which I set it as an adoptable memory about ten months ago. Initially when I tried to access the phone through USB PC connection, I was able to view both folders: Internal Memory folder that came with the phone, and the SD card. However, recently when i connect the phone to computer I can only see the SD card folder and I cant view the internal memory folder. Can someone with ideas help me as to why I can see the other folder?

Apparently, the internal memory is full (which I also dont understand because they are technically merged together) and I need to manually transfer some files to the SD card folder. The internal momery folder on the phone shows it is almost reaching the 16GB limit while the SD card still has about 19GB which could be put to usage. Thanks and appreciated.
    03-12-18 03:29 PM
    I would appreciate some insights on the situation I am having with my BB Dtek 50. I acquired a 32GB SD card which I set it as an adoptable memory about ten months ago. Initially when I tried to access the phone through USB PC connection, I was able to view both folders: Internal Memory folder that came with the phone, and the SD card. However, recently when i connect the phone to computer I can only see the SD card folder and I cant view the internal memory folder. Can someone with ideas help me as to why I can see the other folder?

Apparently, the internal memory is full (which I also dont understand because they are technically merged together) and I need to manually transfer some files to the SD card folder. The internal momery folder on the phone shows it is almost reaching the 16GB limit while the SD card still has about 19GB which could be put to usage. Thanks and appreciated.
    I don't fully understand ADOPTABLE storage and how it shows up when trying to view the folders and where they are located. I thought it was ONE BIG merged file structure.

As far as moving items to the sd-card, I'm not sure what that buys you since when "adopted" I understand items can only be retrieved when it is in the phone that adopted it. I think if you want to get anything off of it, you need to move it to computer where it can be read and copied or moved.

Hopefully, someone with more insight on these matters will chime in. Good luck.
    03-12-18 05:18 PM
    Both my Dtek50 and Motion are running adoptable. When attached to a PC, the Dtek SD is shown as empty. On the Motion, it is seen as having everything that's on the phone -- as one memory source. (so I can copy pics etc.) When storage is viewed on the phone, Dtek50 shows Internal. SD and no SD. On the Motion it shows an SD and Internal, but they are, content-wise, identical. So it seems the Motion has a more elegant way of displaying adoptable storage. But in both cases content should be avail to the PC.
    04-23-18 10:49 AM
    Both my Dtek50 and Motion are running adoptable. When attached to a PC, the Dtek SD is shown as empty. On the Motion, it is seen as having everything that's on the phone -- as one memory source. (so I can copy pics etc.) When storage is viewed on the phone, Dtek50 shows Internal. SD and no SD. On the Motion it shows an SD and Internal, but they are, content-wise, identical. So it seems the Motion has a more elegant way of displaying adoptable storage. But in both cases content should be avail to the PC.
    Go setting , check on storage & USB.if can't shown external SD ,maybe SD is corrupted .
    04-29-18 03:05 AM
    Go setting , check on storage & USB.if can't shown external SD ,maybe SD is corrupted .
    If you're referring to my post, actually, I'm not having any issues, perhaps you were referring to OP.
    04-29-18 08:42 AM