My Dtek50 has not had a security patch update provided by my service provider since 6 November. Is anyone out there using a phone with updates not as recent as that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not unduly concerned, I don't use my phone to discuss State secrets. My conversations are more about what's for dinner and which pub to meet in but this lack of updates is a tad disappointing.
    02-08-18 02:45 AM
    Updates have little to do with securing phone conversations....

There are a few on older version, mostly due to lack of Carrier involvement at this point. But some are unlocked users too....
    02-09-18 08:50 AM
    mine is still stuck in the November update.
    02-11-18 04:09 AM
    last updated 6th November 2017.
    02-11-18 04:23 AM
    I'm on February security update.
    03-17-18 10:15 PM
    Are you in the UK?

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-18-18 03:20 AM
    My Dtek50 has not had a security patch update provided by my service provider since 6 November. Is anyone out there using a phone with updates not as recent as that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not unduly concerned, I don't use my phone to discuss State secrets. My conversations are more about what's for dinner and which pub to meet in but this lack of updates is a tad disappointing.
    Have you received any updates yet. Who's your carrier?

03-18-18 03:34 AM
    Have you received any updates yet. Who's your carrier?

Thanks for asking Falbo, yes I am in the UK, on Vodafone. It seems that Vodafone aren't really interested in forwarding updates as judging by the posts, I am not the only Vodafone punter still stuck on the November 6th update
    03-18-18 03:43 AM
    Thanks for asking Falbo, yes I am in the UK, on Vodafone. It seems that Vodafone aren't really interested in forwarding updates as judging by the posts, I am not the only Vodafone punter still stuck on the November 6th update
    Just checked, once more, and still no update...
    03-18-18 03:45 AM
    Hi and thanks for responding. I am also with Vodafone uk and have contacted them via the Vodafone app on my dtek50 to ask about monthly updates. Vodafone have informed me that the last update they received from blackberry was indeed November 2017 and to contact blackberry customer services, I added a little of that message with a screen shot in a thread also about updates a few below this thread now. I also contacted blackberry via Twitter and awaiting a reply. I also tried via bbm but received a silly reply regarding changes to bbm and nothing whatsoever related to my query.
    If I receive any more info I will surely post here and maybe in the other thread.
    Thanks again for your quick reply and good luck.

03-18-18 03:53 AM
    Hi and thanks for responding. I am also with Vodafone uk and have contacted them via the Vodafone app on my dtek50 to ask about monthly updates. Vodafone have informed me that the last update they received from blackberry was indeed November 2017 and to contact blackberry customer services, I added a little of that message with a screen shot in a thread also about updates a few below this thread now. I also contacted blackberry via Twitter and awaiting a reply. I also tried via bbm but received a silly reply regarding changes to bbm and nothing whatsoever related to my query.
    If I receive any more info I will surely post here and maybe in the other thread.
    Thanks again for your quick reply and good luck.

Has this experience damaged your confidence in BlackBerry? I must admit, it hasn't helped mine. It is such a shame, BlackBerry used to be at the top of their game, their hardware and software was, probably still is, better than anything else on the market. This lack of updates though does make me wonder whether the after market support renders the product vulnerable. After all, if the updates do exist, and clearly they do, they must be there for a reason. Without access to these updates, I don't feel particularly comfortable.
    03-18-18 11:47 AM
    To be honest it hasn't helped my confidence in blackberry at all but I'm still keeping an open mind to what the problem is. It could be a communication problem between them and Vodafone UK or maybe they are just finished with the dtek50 updates. I guess time will tell and over the next couple of days we may get an answer
    03-18-18 12:45 PM
    To be honest it hasn't helped my confidence in blackberry at all but I'm still keeping an open mind to what the problem is. It could be a communication problem between them and Vodafone UK or maybe they are just finished with the dtek50 updates. I guess time will tell and over the next couple of days we may get an answer
    Just got an answer from BlackBerry help on twitter, in essence they said updates are pushed out by BlackBerry to carriers (Vodafone) as soon as they are ready. It is then up to the carrier to do their security checks and push them out to users
    03-18-18 12:55 PM
    Email sent to Martin Lewis money saving expert to see if with respect to Vodafone, this is something he might be interested in. Watch this space...
    03-18-18 01:17 PM
    Just got an answer from BlackBerry help on twitter, in essence they said updates are pushed out by BlackBerry to carriers (Vodafone) as soon as they are ready. It is then up to the carrier to do their security checks and push them out to users
    Did blackberry directly mention Vodafone UK?
    03-18-18 02:04 PM
    Did blackberry directly mention Vodafone UK?
    No, it was a pretty generic response
    03-18-18 02:45 PM
    That's what I was thinking. I'm surprised that you even got a message from them with it being a Sunday. Hopefully we will know more in the next few days. I'm also surprised others in the 'know' haven't said anything here. Thanks again for reply
    03-18-18 03:26 PM
    Email sent to Martin Lewis money saving expert to see if with respect to Vodafone, this is something he might be interested in. Watch this space...
    Maybe we could get cheaper broadband out of it 😎
    03-18-18 03:28 PM
    You could try asking BlackBerry support on Twitter to drop a link to the latest autoloader to "revive" your phone, the March patch is build AAW067. Autoloaders can be loaded without wiping the phone necessarily, so if it's newer than whatever the November patch is then it would be something.
    03-18-18 07:25 PM
    Does anyone have autoloader file ? please give it to me.
    03-18-18 09:28 PM
    You could try asking BlackBerry support on Twitter to drop a link to the latest autoloader to "revive" your phone, the March patch is build AAW067. Autoloaders can be loaded without wiping the phone necessarily, so if it's newer than whatever the November patch is then it would be something.
    Yes thanks for the info. However @BlackBerry Support haven't replied to my query.
    03-19-18 12:09 AM
    Yes thanks for the info. However @BlackBerry Support haven't replied to my query.
    You'll have to ask Blackberry Mobile.
    03-19-18 02:06 AM
    Does anyone have autoloader file ? please give it to me.
    Read the post right above yours.
    03-19-18 02:06 AM
    Read the post right above yours.
    Thanks you. But @BlackBerry Support haven't replied to my query.
    03-19-18 02:40 AM
    Thanks you. But @BlackBerry Support haven't replied to my query.
    Now read the post right above mine.
    Last edited by conite; 03-19-18 at 04:09 AM.
    03-19-18 02:46 AM
28 12