I unfortunately broke the screen on my DTEK50 during the week. Seeing as no phone repair shops even know what a DTEK50 is, I bought a new one (I know???)
    The new phone is now fully set up, and it installed all the settings from the previous phone no problem, the issue I have is that all the Apps have come into the Google play area, but not onto the phone screen. Does anyone know how I move them all from the play store to the home screens?

Also, as I am here, I have another question. As the previous phone screen is broken, I can't get past the front page, I can't access any of the SMS messages that are on there. How do I migrate these onto the new handset?
    11-13-16 06:27 AM
    If you switch the broken one off then sync with your Google account with the new phone by signing into Google then that should sort out the texts and contacts . As for your apps they will still be in the playstore and in settings tick the add to Home screen box then move them around as you wish.
    daveshiz likes this.
    11-13-16 07:01 AM
    Thanks for this. I switched off the old phone, synced Google, but no good.
    in settings, I can get to where 'my Apps' are, but I can't see an add to home screen box. can you tell me a little more please?
    11-13-16 08:58 AM
    The tick box is in the settings of the playstore and not on the phone. If it has already downloaded to the phone it will be in the apps drawer if not on the home screen. If still you can't find any it may be worth just uninstalling then try again.
    11-13-16 10:43 AM
    Thanks for this. I switched off the old phone, synced Google, but no good.
    in settings, I can get to where 'my Apps' are, but I can't see an add to home screen box. can you tell me a little more please?
    Long press on the app icon in the drawer and drag it to the home screen one by one.
    11-13-16 11:32 AM
    Long press on the app icon in the drawer and drag it to the home screen one by one.
    The add to home screen tab in the settings only refers to new apps, not those already installed. Also, I still can't see my sms messages. Anyone able to offer further advice here?
    What or where exactly is the drawer? In play all the installed apps are in a list format, not as icons
    11-14-16 08:14 AM
    On your phone the apps drawer shortcut is the round icon with 6 dots, a bit like a dice but round, this should take you to the apps installed on the device. Touch and hold the icon you want to move to one of the home screens and it should move to were you want it. As for the text messages im not sure as mine moved across to the new phone along with the contacts etc and i didnt need to do anything else. Hope this helps regarding the apps ! Maybe you need to move the text icon also to the home page,Just a thought.
    11-14-16 08:42 AM
    I think for texts to have migrated over, you would have had to "backup to cloud" first. If you didn't do that in your old phone, you might be out of luck. I don't think it's automatic.

If those texts are really important, you might have to work on getting that screen replaced to retrieve those messages. If they're REALLY important, you have a spare working screen on your new phone to replace on your old one. However I can't see any text message being that crucial.
    11-14-16 08:53 AM
    What or where exactly is the drawer?
    The APP Drawer (itself an app) is the place where the icons for installed apps are stored. By long pressing on any icon in the App Drawer, you can drag the icon to any of your home screens.

The App Drawer is the icon with the dots...see screenshot:

Where are my Apps gone??-dtek-home-w.jpg

You can set new apps to leave an icon on the homescreen when they are installed by selecting that option in Google Play Store | Settings | Add Icon To Home Screen.
    11-14-16 12:40 PM
    Thanks to all, l now have all my apps where l can see them on the home screens. I have also spoken to blackberry support, and have sent the old phone off to them to have a new screen put in. Once done, I can migrate the sms messages over
    Ethynil likes this.
    11-14-16 01:54 PM