It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!...applies to flashlights and parachutes

The other day I found myself in a situation in the dark at a friend's house and couldn't find the doorbell button, so I reached into my pocket thinking I had a flashlight app on my DTEK50 and was reminded it doesn't come as a default app, and I never thought of downloading one...

There are plenty of flashlight apps, but when some want to have access to my phone or my contacts...I kept searching.

The Asus Flashlight LED Torchlight is the one I chose.

Like all other Asus apps I have so far, it's simple, does the job with an attractive interface and doesn't wear out its welcome with ads, notifications or unwanted permissions.

It will light the LED or the screen, can send pulsing light signals (including SOS) if desired and will even color the screen light.

What!  No Flashlight?-asus-home.jpg

I set my Convenience button to turn on the flashlight for convenience in the dark, when needed.
    12-26-16 01:56 PM
    It's not in the dropdown menu at the top?
    Ethynil likes this.
    12-26-16 02:00 PM
    You have it/you can add it to dropdown menu...
    Ethynil and big_time2 like this.
    12-26-16 02:03 PM
    It's not in the dropdown menu at the top?
    I'll be doggoned! My memory played a trick on me...because I thought I had seen it, but I looked in the App Drawer, where it is not listed. Now that you've reminded me, I see there is a "Device Shortcut" for the default flashlight that can be placed on a homescreen.

I also see the default flashlight can also be assigned to the Convenience Key by linking it to the same Device Shortcut.

It's always a good day when I can learn something new (again).

Thank you, Thurask!!....
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-26-16 02:44 PM
    Don't forget Google Now can launch flashlight or typing open flashlight in the search field (only necessary if your device is made by LG on Verizon).
    12-26-16 06:50 PM
    I'll be doggoned! My memory played a trick on me...because I thought I had seen it, but I looked in the App Drawer, where it is not listed. Now that you've reminded me, I see there is a "Device Shortcut" for the default flashlight that can be placed on a homescreen.

I also see the default flashlight can also be assigned to the Convenience Key by linking it to the same Device Shortcut.

It's always a good day when I can learn something new (again).

Thank you, Thurask!!....
    OMG!
    12-26-16 09:42 PM
    Also BlackBerry launcher can have a flashlight shortcut
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    12-28-16 03:49 PM
    Putting the flashlight on the convenience key 🔑 is brilliant. ( no pun intended). I use it all the time in restaurants to read the menu.
    Ethynil likes this.
    01-14-17 05:19 PM